PDA

View Full Version : *Official* THAT'S ...a...White.....Sox....zzzzzzzz

Jason82807
04-25-2007, 12:23 AM
They should've brought back those retro 80's jerseys for tonight's game. Ugly win but I'll take it.
:lsox

Fuller_Schettman
04-25-2007, 12:24 AM
It was definitely worth staying up late for!

Welcome to first place! Population: Us!

soltrain21
04-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Is there a contest to see who can get the gamethread up the quickest?

Harry Potter
04-25-2007, 12:25 AM
nice to wake up tomorrow and see the Sox back in first place (albeit tied)

NSSoxFan
Sloppy, disgusting, great game.

Goodnight!

:D:

DickAllen72
Pablo is my favorite Backyardigan! :supernana:

oeo

Oh come on, the night's not over yet.

A wild one, glad we came out on top.

HomeFish
Winning ugly, I see.

RadioheadRocks
Bobby Jenks, ladies and gentlemen!!! :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

fuzzy_patters
Now I won't be able to sleep. Great game.

crazyozzie02
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: now thats the kind of win i like seeing. I am really starting to like how this team is coming together

hi im skot
This is quite easily the most excited I've been after a Sox win this season.

Bobby looked TOUGH out there tonight.

Guys...way to not give up!!!

:bandance:

The Dude
04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Up and down game but great to finish the 2 game sweep. Back to 1st place boys....let's stay there!

BV2005
its been a while. I've really missed seeing our names on the top of the standings.

PeoriaSoxFan
Its good to win one like this in KC.

Usually when I stay up this late, the game ends in misery and I am all honked off. I like the way the team is playing right now, overall. I hope the bullpen problems are temporary. I also hope JD and Thome are in the lineup tomorrow. We can't afford more injuries.

ilsox7
Strange game. Good win. That's 3 series wins in a row. And the only team to beat us in a series is Cleveland.

Technically, we're in 2nd place. But I'll take it!

WhiteSox5187
Ugh, there is no such thing as a bad win but this came close...I'd really like to see us start jumping ahead of guys and not have to play catch up the whole season...Having said that, the offense is coming around and Jenks looked great.

DrCrawdad
Winning ugly, I see.

All I want to see are wins. In the end, I'll settle for ugly...if it's a winner.

BringBackBlkJack
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
WOOT!!! I'm glad I stayed up for this one... its almost 1:30 here in the east.

WTG Crede for that game-tying HR... that really took the momentum away from the Royals and was the turning point in the game.

Good to see that White Sox players and not "fans" are the ones injuring the 1st base umps...

A. Cavatica
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
I'd just like to remind the game thread attendees that I said we could spot the Royals seven and still win...that I called Ozzie out for Ozuna in left, right before his huge error...and that I predicted Boone Logan's first ML win. :cool:

Harry Potter
04-25-2007, 12:28 AM
How about that, Boone Logan with the W

whitesoxfan
Nice to see the 2 out walk do some damage to the Royals. Took care of business in a place where we've had mediocre success the last few years. Now if we do the same thing to Detroit at the Cell, I'll be a very happy man.

A Sox win and a Bulls win. Sure is sweet :cool:

DeadMoney
Sloppy, disgusting, great game.

Goodnight!

:D:

...Long too...

Productive road trip against the Central Division. Would've liked to be coming home with the 5-0 record, but you can't go back and change it now.

At the top again:
:bandance:

Navarro's Talent
Well, this team certainly knows how to make games interesting. I'm so happy they, once again, came back from behind.

FIRST PLACE!!! :bandance:

PeoriaSoxFan
04-25-2007, 12:29 AM
I'd just like to remind the game thread attendees that I said we could spot the Royals seven and still win...that I called Ozzie out for Ozuna in left, right before his huge error...and that I predicted Boone Logan's first ML win. :cool:

OK, Nostradamis, head to Vegas.now.

cheeses_h_rice
04-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Missed the game entirely, as I spent the evening at a North Side bar that had only the Bulls and Flubs games on. I did get to see the Flubs go down in flames again to the Brew Crew, the Bulls beat the Heat to go up 2-0, so it wasn't a total lost cause.

PeoriaSoxFan
04-25-2007, 12:30 AM
How about that, Boone Logan with the W

I have to eat crow on that one. He came thru, albeit in a shaky manner. A win is a win though. Is that his first ever? Beer shower coming?

Deebs14
04-25-2007, 12:30 AM
It's always nice when you don't have to sweat out those 9th innings...especially in KC.

Obviously wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. :D:

DeadMoney
04-25-2007, 12:31 AM
I have to eat crow on that one. He came thru, albeit in a shaky manner. A win is a win though. Is that his first ever? Beer shower coming?

Appears so:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7715/career

Congrats to Boone!

PeoriaSoxFan
04-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Missed the game entirely, as I spent the evening at a North Side bar that had only the Bulls and Flubs games on. I did get to see the Flubs go down in flames again to the Brew Crew, the Bulls beat the Heat to go up 2-0, so it wasn't a total lost cause.

I almost would like to see the Flubs win, just so they would talk about them less on the SCORE. The worse they play, the crazier Lou gets and the more they whine about them. Thank God, we are Sox fans!

oeo
04-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Appears so:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7715/career

Congrats to Boone!

Let's reward him with a ticket to Charlotte. :D:

Nellie_Fox
04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Missed the game entirely, as I spent the evening at a North Side bar that had only the Bulls and Flubs games on. I did get to see the Flubs go down in flames again to the Brew Crew, the Bulls beat the Heat to go up 2-0, so it wasn't a total lost cause.Cheeses, I'd chide you for spending the evening in enemy territory, but I just got back from a bar in........Minnesota.:redneck

dcb56
04-25-2007, 12:36 AM
In a division with four seemingly evenly matched teams, it will be essential for the Sox to pile it on against the Royals. Glad to see the Sox perservere through difficult conditions and take advantage of the opportunities they had to score in order to get the two game sweep.

vegyrex
04-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I dosed off with the Sox losing then I wake up to see we won!!!

YAY!!! :bandance:

PeoriaSoxFan
04-25-2007, 12:37 AM
That was an effective 9th for Jenks, only 9 pitches.

TDog
04-25-2007, 12:39 AM
My Internet was down, and I missed most of the game. With the Sox up 6-4, I started reading the game thread. People gave up when the Sox gave up four in the first (even though they gave up at least three in the first in three of the last four games, and gave up three in the first in the last game in Oakland. The only loss among those came in extra innings.

Logan performed better than Thornton. Erstad drove in two and scored two more, and even Anderson had an important hit. It was a sloppy game, but the Sox came from behind twice before taking the lead and bringing in Jenks to shut the Royals down. It could have been worse. The Tigers lost today after Ordonez homered to give them a ninth-inning lead, only to have Todd Jones surrender it in the bottom of the inning and lose it in the 10th -- even though the Angels didn't hit the ball out of the infield in the extra inning. Every team plays games like this. The better teams win them.

Sox won. Rejoice.

ArkanSox
04-25-2007, 12:52 AM
A happy Winsday to all.

Good win and good night.
GO SOX!!!.

BarbG
04-25-2007, 12:56 AM
I know it's only three weeks into the season but this team is really giving me that it's-not-over-until-it's over feeling. Should be a long, fun season.

Several close plays tonight and it looked like the umps got them all right. That's definitely a plus.

Come win some at home!

oeo
04-25-2007, 01:02 AM
This team is about to catch fire. The bullpen will work through this and we're going to get hot.

QCIASOXFAN
04-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Got off work at 10:30 and was very pleased that the game was only in the 5th inning.:cool: Great win.

ilsox7
04-25-2007, 01:05 AM
This team is about to catch fire. The bullpen will work through this and we're going to get hot.

I said the other day that the schedule sets up for them to go on a nice run over the next week or two. If the starting pitching stays good, I think we're in for a good couple of weeks.

StillMissOzzie
04-25-2007, 01:11 AM

Boy oh boy...first Buehrle, then Logan with the beer showers. Don't these guys save ANY to drink?

Good to see that White Sox players and not "fans" are the ones injuring the 1st base umps...
Hawk even said that was Angel Hernandez, too! He must HATE doing Sox games by now!

A W is a W is a W, so I won't gripe too much. Still, I'd like to see more step-on-their-throat and less come-from-behind type victories, especially against the weakling of the division. But after hearing that the Sox did better vs. the Tiggers thanvs. the Royals last year, who I am to call the Royals weak?

SMO
:gulp:

ilsox7
04-25-2007, 01:18 AM
A W is a W is a W, so I won't gripe too much. Still, I'd like to see more step-on-their-throat and less come-from-behind type victories, especially against the weakling of the division. But after hearing that the Sox did better vs. the Tiggers thanvs. the Royals last year, who I am to call the Royals weak?

SMO
:gulp:

These weaklings also took a series from the Twins over the weekend. They're the worst team in the division, but they aren't the pushover they have been over the last few years.

BringBackBlkJack
04-25-2007, 04:34 AM
These weaklings also took a series from the Twins over the weekend. They're the worst team in the division, but they aren't the pushover they have been over the last few years.

While they are still by far the "weakling" considering this is the strongest division in baseball, they are actually putting up a fight against us and our Central foes this year. It's nice to see them not lie down (and us get a couple come-from-behind wins off them too).

Zisk77
04-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Its good to win one like this in KC.

Usually when I stay up this late, the game ends in misery and I am all honked off. I like the way the team is playing right now, overall. I hope the bullpen problems are temporary. I also hope JD and Thome are in the lineup tomorrow. We can't afford more injuries.

The game did end in misery.....Kansas City, Misery :redneck . Erstad is starting to hit as well as Paulie :bandance: .

kevingrt
04-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Ugly but a win is a win. And you always have to be happy about a sweep. Even if it's two games :D:

Jurr
04-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Man, I dozed right after Crede's homer. I had a soothing, care-free feeling, like all was going to be right in the world. It was time to sleep peacefully. Yup! They scored 2 in the ninth! :bandance:

hi im skot
04-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Anybody else have trouble waking up this morning?

Hendu
04-25-2007, 08:04 AM
I had to hit the hay right after KC tied it up in the 7th. I knew I should have stayed up, but I had a feeling that if they lost this one, I would be too mad to fall asleep until like 3 am.

Winning in KC is never easy for us.

Law11
04-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Man, I dozed right after Crede's homer. I had a soothing, care-free feeling, like all was going to be right in the world. It was time to sleep peacefully. Yup! They scored 2 in the ninth! :bandance:

Stayed up and man am I paying for it this morning.. Cant keep my eyes open, headache, crabby....

I know, I know.
:violin:

chisox77
04-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Go White Sox!

:cool:

stl_sox_fan
04-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Anybody else have trouble waking up this morning?

No problem waking up, 4 month old helps with that. Thank god it wasn't a West Coast game last night.

Fuller_Schettman
04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
I know it's only three weeks into the season but this team is really giving me that it's-not-over-until-it's over feeling. Should be a long, fun season.

Several close plays tonight and it looked like the umps got them all right. That's definitely a plus.

Come win some at home!

Actually, I thought Mackowiak was out on that pickoff attempt at 2B...

markopat
04-25-2007, 09:38 AM

WOW A. Cav...What are your thoughts on the #3 horse in the #6 race at Hawthorne today?

Rowandws33
04-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Great win last night....Nice to see the Sox keep battling back and get the W..:dtroll:

palehozenychicty
04-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Not much new to add, as it was winning ugly. BP has made it interesting in most of our losses, though.

billcissell
04-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I sometimes feel sorry for this small market KC team. They play in the toughest division in baseball. And they had to put up with Charlie Finley for years before he pulled out of town and won championships on the West Coast.

But then I remember the Royals from 30 years ago: Hal McRae, Cowens, Porter, Splitorff, Grba, Brett, Mayberry, etc. and I immediately stop feeling sorry for them.

They had their time. Now it's our time.

Great win last night.

spiffie
04-25-2007, 10:42 AM
I sometimes feel sorry for this small market KC team. They play in the toughest division in baseball. And they had to put up with Charlie Finley for years before he pulled out of town and won championships on the West Coast.

But then I remember the Royals from 30 years ago: Hal McRae, Cowens, Porter, Splitorff, Grba, Brett, Mayberry, etc. and I immediately stop feeling sorry for them.

They had their time. Now it's our time.

Great win last night.
It's hard to believe as recently as 1990 the Royals had the single highest payroll in baseball, at an astounding $23,873,745. That year the Sox were spending the least in baseball with $9,496,238.

Jason82807
04-25-2007, 10:56 AM

I don't know if you can consider us in first place just yet. At best, we're 11-8 vs. Cleveland's 10-7. We are no "games behind" but if you do the math we have a slightly lower percentage.

Bruizer
04-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't know if you can consider us in first place just yet. At best, we're 11-8 vs. Cleveland's 10-7. We are no "games behind" but if you do the math we have a slightly lower percentage.

Party Pooper!! :?:

I consider us tied for first just because. :cool:

That was great to be able to watch that last night, but I'm paying for it now.

Bru

BanditJimmy
04-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Any time we can take a win on a night where it appeared that there was going to be no baseball... I'll take it anyway.

I will give a pass to defense because of the conditions.

I will give a pass to Javy because of the 2 hour rain delay.

Big time Kudos to the offense who doubled their way to a victory last night. I believe we hit 5 doubles compared to only 1 HR which is awesome to see that we can win this way also.

What I love the most about the last week is that the Sox have been trailing early and often and found ways to come back. I love when a team can make comebacks and never say die.... 2005.

maurice
04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Absolutely crazy, sloppy game in terrible conditions. WP left and right. Hunks of turf flying everywhere. I'm just glad that none of our guys got hurt. (No Gload doesn't count as one of our guys.)

Jason82807
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Absolutely crazy, sloppy game in terrible conditions. WP left and right. Hunks of turf flying everywhere. I'm just glad that none of our guys got hurt. (No Gload doesn't count as one of our guys.)

Neither does the ump

Fuller_Schettman
04-25-2007, 02:25 PM

This whole "small market" business is extremely misleading. KC is the same size as Cleveland. KC is also larger than Oakland, Miami, St. Louis, Anaheim and Cincinnati.

The Market Area is #28 in the US, larger than: San Jose, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Milwaukee and Memphis.

FedEx227
04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
This whole "small market" business is extremely misleading. KC is the same size as Cleveland. KC is also larger than Oakland, Miami, St. Louis, Anaheim and Cincinnati.

The Market Area is #28 in the US, larger than: San Jose, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Milwaukee and Memphis.

Exactly. KC likes to play this "We're a small market" team crap. They aren't. Plus with revenue sharing they are getting plenty of extra money that they continue to piss away.

maurice
04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
This whole "small market" business is extremely misleading. KC is the same size as Cleveland.

Okay, but Cleveland can draw fans from a number of nearby and decent-sized metro areas that have no MLB team, including Columbus, Toledo, Sandusky, and Arkon. Heck, that entire stretch of Lake Erie is pretty well populated. (Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas? Not so much.) The same is true of Oakland, Miami, Anaheim, and Cincy.

Of these, only Milwaukee has a MLB team, and they're a prime contraction candidate. You're essentially saying that KC is slightly bigger than 4 AAA markets (Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Charlotte, and Memphis).

Hitmen77
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM

Anaheim is in the 2nd largest market in the U.S. and Oakland is part of the huge Bay Area market.

MCHSoxFan
04-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Is there a contest to see who can get the gamethread up the quickest?

Yes!!! :D:

MCHSoxFan
04-25-2007, 04:06 PM

Beer shower coming? If Danks get the win later today!!! :D: