PDA

View Full Version : Guerrier/Wylie

rmusacch
03-25-2002, 09:52 PM
I noticed that when the Sox announced the 6 cuts today, that it said they had 28 players left. I count 30. I have been trying to keep track of cuts. Did Matt Guerrier and Mitch Wylie get cut? Thanks.

Jerry_Manuel
03-25-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I have been trying to keep track of cuts. Did Matt Guerrier and Mitch Wylie get cut? Thanks.

On March 15th they were cut.

Daver
03-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I noticed that when the Sox announced the 6 cuts today, that it said they had 28 players left. I count 30. I have been trying to keep track of cuts. Did Matt Guerrier and Mitch Wylie get cut? Thanks.

Reassigned to minor league camp a week or so ago,I'll find you a to the story from the WSI front page.

Jerry_Manuel
03-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by daver
Reassigned to minor league camp a week or so ago,I'll find you a to the story from the WSI front page.

I'm sure it's mixed into one of the game stories.

Here is the story from whitesox.com
The Sox reduced the number of players in camp to 34 by optioning pitchers Matt Guerrier and Mitch Wylie to Triple-A Charlotte. (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020315_cwsana_ news&team_id=cws)

Daver
03-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

The Sox reduced the number of players in camp to 34 by optioning pitchers Matt Guerrier and Mitch Wylie to Triple-A Charlotte. (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020315_cwsana_ news&team_id=cws)

Thanx JM
I knew I read it on the main page.:redneck

czalgosz
03-25-2002, 10:11 PM
Well, when all is said and done, the Charlotte Knights are going to be a hell of a team.

Daver
03-25-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Well, when all is said and done, the Charlotte Knights are going to be a hell of a team.

For a month or so anyway.:redneck

doublem23
03-25-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

It would be interesting to see the Sox and Knights Opening Day teams play each other.............

rmusacch
03-25-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Thanks Ian.

RichH55
03-26-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

It would be interesting to see the Sox and Knights Opening Day teams play each other.............

Well the hitting wouldn't be a contest...but a rotation and a half worth of quality arms

RichH55
03-26-2002, 02:46 AM
Speaking of Charlotte...do they still have Jeff Judon(sp?) down there? I know he won't make the bigs this year, most likely...but it was just bugging me if we still had him or didnt