PDA

View Full Version : White Sox grooming code?

Baby Fisk
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm watching Magglio Ordonez's rapidly escalating Gene Simmons hairdo and recall how he was always clean-cut on the Sox. Is there a grooming code in the Sox organization? I can't think of any recent Sox players with really shaggy hair. The Yankees and Reds are two teams that come to mind when it comes to grooming codes. Sox too?

MCHSoxFan
04-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Not sure, but I know the Yanks do!!! :D: Maybe, when he came to Detroit, go a new style for his new team?!?!?!

RadioheadRocks
04-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I think Magglio (and Manny Ramirez, for that matter) would be prime candidates to appear on that new BRAVO show Shear Genius. They can have a challenge for the stylists to give each of them a new look. :rolling:

Crede_Fan
04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Wasn't there something last year where Crede, AJ, & Freddie were told to get haircuts? That they needed to look clean.

FedEx227
04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Wasn't there something last year where Crede, AJ, & Freddie were told to get haircuts? That they needed to look clean.

Oh yeah, happened last year. They were all getting a little shaggy and one of the higher ups said they had to trim them a bit. I remember we were all afraid about Crede since we likened him to Samson.

dwalteroo
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't think the Sox have a strict policy, but if guys' hair gets too long, the Chairman might say something. I think that's what happened with AJ and Crede last year.

TheOldRoman
04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
The Sox had a code, but it isn't that strict.
As for Ordonez, I think he is one of the people that grows crazy hair to make up for a lack of personality.

Jurr
04-24-2007, 08:25 PM
The White Sox do have a grooming code.

According to the Media Guide:
The White Sox have a strict code related to the grooming of players. This team is built to win now. Events that have occurred in the last couple of years has changed the organization's philosophy. Players that need excessive grooming should receive said grooming in our AAA affiliate, the Charlotte Knights. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience to players with a sense of entitlement. If there are any issues, please refer to the section pertaining to our Winter Baseball Program, which is entirely optional, though recommended.

itsnotrequired
04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Steve Stoute is the type of guy who just looking at him you assume he could grow a powerful beard.

tebman
04-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Steve Stoute is the type of guy who just looking at him you assume he could grow a powerful beard.

:thumbsup:

BoysMom3
04-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Oh yeah, happened last year. They were all getting a little shaggy and one of the higher ups said they had to trim them a bit. I remember we were all afraid about Crede since we likened him to Samson.

I remember this too because I like long hair on guys. Hence my shock and disappointment this spring when hubby and I went to spring training and what should I see when BA comes out - he had chopped off those golden, curly locks!! :mad: I was also unhappy when the drumline coach at our high school "recommended" that all the boys cut their long hair. I say "recommend" because my son is the captain of the drumline and if his instructor says to cut his hair, he will. My friends say I'm probably the only mom that threatens my son as he walks out the door for a haircut by saying - you better not come back in this house with short hair!!! LOL!

oldcomiskey
04-25-2007, 09:37 AM
I remember this too because I like long hair on guys. Hence my shock and disappointment this spring when hubby and I went to spring training and what should I see when BA comes out - he had chopped off those golden, curly locks!! :mad: I was also unhappy when the drumline coach at our high school "recommended" that all the boys cut their long hair. I say "recommend" because my son is the captain of the drumline and if his instructor says to cut his hair, he will. My friends say I'm probably the only mom that threatens my son as he walks out the door for a haircut by saying - you better not come back in this house with short hair!!! LOL!

thats quite a change from the Winnin' Ugly days. winning wasnt the only thing ugly back then. They looked like a bunch of beach bums

BainesHOF
04-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I usually don't care how players look, but Magglio looks like a clown - probably the worst-looking hair in baseball history.

oldcomiskey
04-25-2007, 05:20 PM
he looks like a chia pet