PDA

View Full Version : Weather for Tonight's Ballgame

kevingrt
04-24-2007, 11:24 AM
It looks like it is going to be tough to get tonight's game in. I went to last nights game and it was beautiful, but I don't know if I am going to take the two hour drive tonight to get rained on and maybe not see a full ballgame.

Weather.com has chance of rain at 60%, "Variable clouds with thunderstorms. A few may be severe. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds." So I guess I will have to see how it is around 4:00 and see how it is going to be.

Just a warning for any of you in the KC area or are looking to go to the game.

And the one thing we need right now is another rain out. However, it would rest our bullpen so that would be nice.

stl_sox_fan
04-24-2007, 11:49 AM
The radar looks like the heavy stuff might go north of KC. But you never know with storm systems.
I will not repeat last year's faux paux and post a copyrighted image of the storm path.
http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadPage.aspx?seg=LocalWeather&loc=usa&Product=RadarLoop&prodgrp=RadarImagery&prodnav=none

INSox56
04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
we don't need a rainout.....we're looking at possible rainouts here wed and thurs already, 3 in a row is just bad news.

Pasqua's Posers
04-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I hope there is a game. I just flew in for the purpose of going and will be there in the usual home white "SOUTH SIDE" on the back. Looking at sitting 3rd base side, near the SOx dugout....

Let's get a sweep tonight!:gulp:

roylestillman
04-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Would that mean that regular programming would be shown on the Total Living Network?

CHIsoxNation
04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Anyone know how the weather is looking down there now? Last I saw there were scattered storms later tonight and 60% chance of rain.

oeo
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Luckily the Bulls are playing tonight. :bandance:

Iwritecode
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Anyone know how the weather is looking down there now? Last I saw there were scattered storms later tonight and 60% chance of rain.

I just saw a radar that showed a huge patch of nasty weather just to the west of KC. Don't know how fast it's traveling or when it will hit though.

kevingrt
04-24-2007, 05:15 PM
It seems like they should be getting rain and thunderstorms within the next two hours. However, it is a skinny patch of weather, so I don't know. The weather is moving north to north west and pretty quickly. Here is a link to go good radar of the region, mods take this off it is illegal in some way. http://www.weatherunderground.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=b3&size=2x&type=loop

Can someone help me and tell me if I should try to go to the game. I live in Columbia, MO which is 1 hour and 50 minutes east of KC so I really have no clue on the weather but I dont know if I should go.

What probably will happen is if I go it will get rained out or a long delay and if I don't go there will be no rain.

Palehose Pete
04-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Would that mean that regular programming would be shown on the Total Living Network?

What exactly do they air? Is it just programs of women doing deep knee lunges in tight shorts or is there more to it?

DickAllen72
04-24-2007, 05:48 PM
When I checked weather.com it was showing a 40% chance of rain. I think they'll get the game in even if there are some delays.

FYI: Today's Lineup
Erstad, DH; Iguchi, 2B; Konerko, 1B; AJ, C; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; Mackowiak, LF; Uribe, SS; Anderson, CF. Vazquez pitching.

oeo
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
When I checked weather.com it was showing a 40% chance of rain. I think they'll get the game in even if there are some delays.

Erstad, DH; Iguchi, 2B; Konerko, 1B; AJ, C; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; Mackowiak, LF; Uribe, SS; Anderson, CF. Vazquez pitching.

Wow...now that's a shakeup. AJ batting cleanup?

delben91
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Interesting...is this KC starter a lefty? But still have Erstad, AJ, and Mack as lefties even without Thome...

Chicken Dinner
04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a lead-off DH.:o:

JB98
04-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow...now that's a shakeup. AJ batting cleanup?

Have to get Jim some days off this year. He struggled in the second half last season. In the middle of a stretch of 13 games without a day off, now is not a bad time. Plus, BA needs the ABs.

JB98
04-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a lead-off DH.:o:

Shannon Stewart did it many times.

04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Plus, BA needs the ABs.

Because KC needs the outs?

JB98
04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Because KC needs the outs?

If he's going to be on the team, you need to give him a few ABs at some point. I think BA should start once a week, and be used as a defensive replacement in the late innings.

Unless he cool-breezes to a ball again like he did Sunday in Detroit. If he does that again, I want him released. No teal.

nasox
04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Unless he cool-breezes to a ball again like he did Sunday in Detroit. If he does that again, I want him released. No teal.

***** :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jurr
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
That's exactly what I say to myself every time someone brings up this tired ass issue. People need to give it a rest.

Ozzie knows his team. Walker works with Anderson. Obviously something is keeping Anderson off the field. The staff would love to justify putting Anderson's glove on the field every day. They did it during '06. The fact that he's not out there speaks volumes.

I wish people would just go on that and let this issue die. Period.

Kwrubac
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
What exactly do they air? Is it just programs of women doing deep knee lunges in tight shorts or is there more to it?

I think its mostly religious type programs...Luckily Hawk says MERCY! a lot....ok lame joke but it was the best I could come up with :?:

Jurr
04-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I think its mostly religious type programs...Luckily Hawk says MERCY! a lot....ok lame joke but it was the best I could come up with :?:
You get a pass due to the Sobchak reference on your sig. :smile:

Kwrubac
04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
You get a pass due to the Sobchak reference on your sig. :smile:

LOL thank you...:D:

Lip Man 1
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Scott Reifert in his blog says it's been raining in K.C.

Lip

lumpyspun
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
I think it's official...

You can click on any thread in the Clubhouse and read about Brian Anderson.

I thought if any threads would get away from Anderson it would be one about the WEATHER!

Jurr
04-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I think it's official...

I thought if any threads would get away from Anderson it would be one about the WEATHER!
The next one will be about God messing up because he rained out BA's opportunity to start. Not even a deity will allow the Golden Boy to shine!

Kwrubac
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
The next one will be about God messing up because he rained out BA's opportunity to start. Not even a deity will allow the Golden Boy to shine!

:rolling: sssssh clearly he was cloned from Aaron Rowand and should be playing every day...hell maybe he could even pitch...:tongue:

JB98
04-24-2007, 08:06 PM
I think it's official...

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Anderson, even in passing. :rolleyes:

JB98
04-24-2007, 08:08 PM

That's what I say everytime I see a signature featuring Erstad's "grind outs" or a "Free Brian Anderson" tag.

Maybe I should make a "Release Brian Anderson" tag, just to get under you people's skin. :rolleyes:

cbotnyse
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
I think it's official...

I thought if any threads would get away from Anderson it would be one about the WEATHER!true.

The next one will be about God messing up because he rained out BA's opportunity to start. Not even a deity will allow the Golden Boy to shine!http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/doubletrue.jpg

Jurr
04-24-2007, 08:13 PM
That's what I say everytime I see a signature featuring Erstad's "grind outs" or a "Free Brian Anderson" tag.

Maybe I should make a "Release Brian Anderson" tag, just to get under you people's skin. :rolleyes:
:roflmao: This whole thing gets funnier and funnier!!!!

Rowandws33
04-24-2007, 09:19 PM
the map on weather.com shows the storm moving out about 9 guys...

sodfatherjunior
04-24-2007, 09:22 PM
the map on weather.com shows the storm moving out about 9 guys...

Damn...........that's a pretty nast storm, I hope those 9 guys end up being okay. My prayers are with their families. Oh and big props to weather.com for having such advanced technology to be able to show this on their website.

Rowandws33
04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
whats a nast storm???

Domeshot17
04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
whats a nast storm???

come on grammer and typo police, how obvious is it he meant NASTY.

CLR01
04-24-2007, 09:40 PM

I doubt Ersty cares enough about Anderson to make it rain and screw him over.

CLR01
04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
come on grammer and typo police, how obvious is it he meant NASTY.

I hate that Grammer guy. :D:

Storm should be gone over the stadium.

Domeshot17
04-24-2007, 09:48 PM
HAHA, I mean I understand like, the really bad stuff,otherwise this would be the espn boards with 870 words making up 1 sentance, but that just a typo.

According to the bulls game, first pitch will be 8:55