PDA

View Full Version : Boston Sez! :

CerberusWG
03-25-2002, 04:26 PM
The Marlins, who clearly want to pare payroll, are also shopping Eric Owens, Matt Clement and Antonio Alfonseca. The Dodgers have interest in Alfonseca, but the interest is stronger from the Florida side, and reportedly the Cubs and Orioles are more involved than L.A. at the present.

The Dodgers have backed off a possible deal for Bobby Howry of the White Sox because he isn't throwing well.

FarmerAndy
03-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

The Dodgers have backed off a possible deal for Bobby Howry of the White Sox because he isn't throwing well.

We should have dumped him when we had the chance.

I hope somebody can explain this for me, because I don't get it. Howry lost the set up job because he is throwing worse than my grandmother, yet now the Sox have him scheduled for long relief. If he isn't going to be able to get 3 outs in the 8th inning without giving up a bunch of runs, what makes them think he can come out in the 4th or 5th without giving up a bunch of runs?

I think they should throw him on the 15 day disabled list before the start of the season. Let him work out longer and see if he can't get some of his stuff back. I don't see how he can help the team right now. It doen't make sense to waste a spot on the roster for him.