PDA

View Full Version : Where have the Guest Services (ushers) gone?

DumpJerry
04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
So, I'm in my ST seats (sec. 112) for last Thursday's game against the Rangers. There are some loud and obnoxious drunks sitting near me. Things finally got to the point where security had to intervene when a fight was about to break out with another drunken crew in 7th inning. Up to that point, my buddy I was with was ready to report them to a Guest Services person, but there were none! In fact, at least on the First Base side, there were no Guest Services people in any of the Lower Box sections (109-120) just in the Premium Lower Boxes (121-131). Normally, there is a Guest Services person at the top of each section.

I hope this was an anomaly for this game only. There are plenty of Season Ticket holders in the non-Premium Lower Boxes who would not be too happy.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2007, 06:34 PM
So, I'm in my ST seats (sec. 112) for last Thursday's game against the Rangers. There are some loud and obnoxious drunks sitting near me. Things finally got to the point where security had to intervene when a fight was about to break out with another drunken crew in 7th inning. Up to that point, my buddy I was with was ready to report them to a Guest Services person, but there were none! In fact, at least on the First Base side, there were no Guest Services people in any of the Lower Box sections (109-120) just in the Premium Lower Boxes (121-131). Normally, there is a Guest Services person at the top of each section.

I hope this was an anomaly for this game only. There are plenty of Season Ticket holders in the non-Premium Lower Boxes who would not be too happy.

Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing any either! I snuck into 158 (yeah, yeah, I'm going to Hell) and figured I'd have to be crafty all game. No one to be seen!

CLR01
04-23-2007, 06:45 PM
They are off eating and using the washroom with Hawk.

Jason82807
04-23-2007, 06:46 PM
I've noticed that too, moreso last season when I was in sec. 111. They only have ushers at the top of the premium lower box. There may be ushers throughout the lower level when the gates open, but they don't really bother after everyone finds their seats.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I've noticed that too, moreso last season when I was in sec. 111. They only have ushers at the top of the premium lower box. There may be ushers throughout the lower level when the gates open, but they don't really bother after everyone finds their seats.

There were ushers throughout the game in lower reserve during the opening series.

MCHSoxFan
04-23-2007, 07:09 PM
If at anytime you need an usher and ther is no usher in your section/area, go to 132. That is their "headquarters". I have done this before. Hey, when I become an usher next year, I will take extra care of you guys. :D:

DumpJerry
04-23-2007, 10:01 PM
If at anytime you need an usher and ther is no usher in your section/area, go to 132. That is their "headquarters". I have done this before. Hey, when I become an usher next year, I will take extra care of you guys. :D:
That's too far to walk when you're trying to watch a baseball game. Last year, we seemed to have ushers at the top of the stairs at every game.

If things get out of hand, I will stoll on over to Guest Relations to let them know they need to save $$ elsewhere.

MCHSoxFan
04-23-2007, 10:05 PM
That's too far to walk when you're trying to watch a baseball game. Last year, we seemed to have ushers at the top of the stairs at every game.

If things get out of hand, I will stoll on over to Guest Relations to let them know they need to save $$ elsewhere.

Totally understandable. The fan should NOT be the one who has to make sure the ushers are doing THEIR job.

roylestillman
04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing any either! I snuck into 158 (yeah, yeah, I'm going to Hell) and figured I'd have to be crafty all game. No one to be seen!

Our regular 158 usher doesn't appear to have returned this year. For the Buehrle game two ushers were at the top of the aisle having a good old chat that extended for innings. I did not notice the between innings "show of force" walk down to the first row.

bahn1225
04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
That's too far to walk

Call Guest Services from your seat with a cell phone.:D:

Seems like every other person is yapping on one anyway.:angry:

DaBears
04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
since the opening series I havent seen a single usher in the outfield. In fact for one game I was able to move right in front of Nancy without any usher to be seen! (granted the temp was cold and the visiting team seats were obviously unsold).

MySoxAreClean
04-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Seniors were past thier bedtime, or left to vote for SANJAYA on idol.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Seniors were past thier bedtime, or left to vote for SANJAYA on idol.

POTW

Brian26
04-23-2007, 11:04 PM
There are some loud and obnoxious drunks sitting near me.

I didn't know Wilkes and Chips sit in your section.

:gulp:

Brian26
04-23-2007, 11:06 PM
There were ushers throughout the game in lower reserve during the opening series.

There were more Pride Crew members there last week than ushers.

Chips
04-23-2007, 11:09 PM

See below. :gulp:I'll never stop being loud and obnoxious!!!

POTW

itsnotrequired
04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
There were more Pride Crew members there last week than ushers.

...and yet, I did not get a shirt.:angry:

dakuda
04-24-2007, 12:05 AM
I have not noticed one yet this year either in 157.

Not up at the concourse, nor at the bottom when they make their 'appearance' every once in a while.

WhiteSox5187
04-24-2007, 12:28 AM
As a former usher at both the Cell and Wrigley, I gotta say I'm a bit surprised because the ushers at the Cell usually do a very good job. Having said that however, the Cell has a LOT more younger high school kids than Wrigley so on weeknights during the school year they might be pretty short handed. Not trying to make an excuse, but that's probably what happened. This is not something that is going to happen a lot at the Cell.

BanditJimmy
04-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I think there should be equal treatment both in regular Box and the premium.

It easier to lose a regular box seat season ticket holder than one sitting on the premium end. Customer service should be at its best in the regular area.

MCHSoxFan
04-24-2007, 08:17 AM
I think there should be equal treatment both in regular Box and the premium.

It easier to lose a regular box seat season ticket holder than one sitting on the premium end. Customer service should be at its best in the regular area.

I totally agree. Hey, if I sat behind the dugout about 15 rows away, I would not give those seats up becase of smaller problems. I am not saying that no ushers showing up is not a bad thing, but there could be worse.

DumpJerry
04-24-2007, 08:22 AM

:?: :?: I've never seen Wilkes acting in a manner which can be described as obnoxious or otherwise offensive.

One of the drunks was a girl with a loud voice that sounded like 12-15 cats squaring off for The Big Fight in an alley.:angry: She proclaimed her lust, I mean love, for each Sox player as he stepped up to the Plate or made a play in the field. She's the one who instigated the near fight when she threw her napkin at someone and it landed in the cheese for his nachos.

Oh....you ask why did she throw her napkin? Because the guy and his 6 or 7 friends just had to take a group picture of themselves while the game was being played! The Rangers scored a run while these goofs were posing for a drunk friend who could not figure out how to take a picture with her cell phone.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: . They would have been shot by me except they were not blocking my view.

daveeym
04-24-2007, 09:50 AM
As a former usher at both the Cell and Wrigley, I gotta say I'm a bit surprised because the ushers at the Cell usually do a very good job. Having said that however, the Cell has a LOT more younger high school kids than Wrigley so on weeknights during the school year they might be pretty short handed. Not trying to make an excuse, but that's probably what happened. This is not something that is going to happen a lot at the Cell.That's exactly what I was going to say. There seems to be a lot more ushers once school lets out.

Jerko
04-24-2007, 09:56 AM
As a former usher at both the Cell and Wrigley, I gotta say I'm a bit surprised because the ushers at the Cell usually do a very good job. Having said that however, the Cell has a LOT more younger high school kids than Wrigley so on weeknights during the school year they might be pretty short handed. Not trying to make an excuse, but that's probably what happened. This is not something that is going to happen a lot at the Cell.

I was just going to post the same thing. They're all over the place during weekend games.

Jason82807
04-24-2007, 09:56 AM
...and yet, I did not get a shirt.:angry:
Yeah, I signed up for the Sox Pride Club Premier membership on feb 1 and still haven't received my shirt.