PDA

View Full Version : Mark's No Hitter and other special whitesox moments

bighurt93
04-23-2007, 12:54 AM
I am doing a project for class and was wondering if you guys could help me out. We are doing a unit based around baseball and would I would like to have audio of farmo or someone calling a sox game, preferably a memorable one, playing in the background while the kids complete a quiz.

So my question is this, does anyone know of a website that would allow me to download or play an audio file.

voodoochile
04-23-2007, 01:04 AM
I am doing a project for class and was wondering if you guys could help me out. We are doing a unit based around baseball and would I would like to have audio of farmo or someone calling a sox game, preferably a memorable one, playing in the background while the kids complete a quiz.

So my question is this, does anyone know of a website that would allow me to download or play an audio file.

mlb.com has all the games archived.

eriqjaffe
04-23-2007, 08:38 AM
mlb.com has all the games archived.But you need to subscribe to have access.

You can stream highlight clips, but they're not downloadable. You could also just get a boombox and tape some of tonight's broadcast. Kinda low-tech, I know, but it would get the job done. ;)

Lip Man 1
04-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Big Hurt:

Try these historical audio interactive pieces from WSI:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/audioindex.htm

Each theme has a number of audio clips that you can listen to in the classroom if you have Real Audio on your computer. Because it's free most people do.

All you have to do is click on the next link after the highlight clip ends. Right now we have stuff from as far back as 1959 there.

Lip

zach074
04-23-2007, 07:11 PM
If you want a special call by farmer, you cant go wrong with his call of Konerko's grand slam. LIGHT IT UP!

ChicagoG19
04-23-2007, 10:45 PM
If only you could play Lee Elia's rant in class:tongue: