PDA

View Full Version : Any shot of Carl Crawford being a White Sox before the trade Deadline?

RockJock07
04-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't know about you guys, but i think Kenny should do all he can to get Carl Crawford on this team. CC is my second favorite player and seeing at the top of the order would scare alot of teams, especially with the line-up hitter behind him.

The DR's have a surplus of young good outfielders and by offering pitching such as Floyd or Phillips and maybe even Ryan sweeny or BA I think a trade could happen.

thoughts?

HartmanSox
04-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen but I doubt it will.

TheOldRoman
04-22-2007, 06:55 PM
No.

Kenny would love to have Crawford, but I don't think it would be worth it for any team to give up the talent it would take to get him. The Rays are asking the moon for him. If they were to trade him, they wouldn't want Gavin Floyd. They would want two top level pitching prospects.

FedEx227
04-22-2007, 06:56 PM
The D-Rays need what we want.

They want young pitching. I love Carl Crawford, he's probably my favorite player in all of baseball, but he would not be worth what the Rays would want for him, plain and simple. Like Roman said, they don't want Gavin Floyd/Boone Logan, they want top-level.

Domeshot17
04-22-2007, 07:45 PM
I like Crawford too, but these LETS GET CRAWFORD posts are almost getting as old as the BRING BACK ROWAND posts.

You want crawford, cool. You want him at a price of Danks Garland and Gio? Not me! Tampa Bay only makes trades where they completely rip off another team. They set their price at the moon, and because the Mets once paid it, it will never come down (Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir)

rowand33
04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
I like Crawford too, but these LETS GET CRAWFORD posts are almost getting as old as the BRING BACK ROWAND posts.

You want crawford, cool. You want him at a price of Danks Garland and Gio? Not me! Tampa Bay only makes trades where they completely rip off another team. They set their price at the moon, and because the Mets once paid it, it will never come down (Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir)

They do want the moon. Also, keep in mind that Crawford is CHEAP. Ridiculously cheap. They'd be ****ing crazy to give him up for anything less than they're asking.

Now, Baldelli would be another story, and I'd love him to be in a white sox uniform.

FedEx227
04-22-2007, 08:37 PM
They do want the moon. Also, keep in mind that Crawford is CHEAP. Ridiculously cheap. They'd be ****ing crazy to give him up for anything less than they're asking.

Now, Baldelli would be another story, and I'd love him to be in a white sox uniform.

To the D-Rays though he's not longer quite as expendable. I'm sure they wouldn't mind moving him, but they'd rather not be known as a team that let somebody go. If anything they probably would entertain more offers for Upton/Elijah Dukes/Johnny Gomes

rowand33
04-22-2007, 08:49 PM
To the D-Rays though he's not longer quite as expendable. I'm sure they wouldn't mind moving him, but they'd rather not be known as a team that let somebody go. If anything they probably would entertain more offers for Upton/Elijah Dukes/Johnny Gomes

Eh, Gomes has good power, but is a dog**** hitter. .240 for his career.

I'd take Upton in a heartbeat, but I dunno if they'd part with him. I'd take Dukes, but I think they'd ask too much.

I'd take Cantu if we could get him for peanuts. The guy can mash the ball. Great power numbers in 05 and hit well in 04 when he came up. He just needs to learn to be more patient at the plate.

FedEx227
04-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I personally wouldn't touch any of them right now. They all have glaring holes in their game. The most interesting player out of the bunch you mentioned is Upton, unfortunately his complete inability to play any position decently will eventually hurt him.

SoxSpeed22
04-22-2007, 09:00 PM
I'd take Cantu if we could get him for peanuts. The guy can mash the ball. Great power numbers in 05 and hit well in 04 when he came up. He just needs to learn to be more patient at the plate.
The Sox are clearly the best option for him to learn patience at the plate.
Even though Dukes could be interesting.

oeo
04-22-2007, 09:22 PM
I like all the young pitching we have. I would rather the Sox spend the big bucks on Ichiro over the offseason.

SPUDSTER
04-22-2007, 10:02 PM
That sounds great. But you have a better chance of Paulie beating out an infield hit. It's just too improbable. How about another D-Ray, Rocco Baldelli. Tampa Bay needs pitching we've got it.:rolleyes:

IndianWhiteSox
04-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I like all the young pitching we have. I would rather the Sox spend the big bucks on Ichiro over the offseason.

I know, that's a good point and not to mention, that Crawford, from the reports down in Tampa, doesn't want to be a lead off man. Ichiro on the other hand, has no problem. He just wants to win and get paid.

:cool:

veeter
04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I hate this subject as well. By Tampa asking for crazy returns for Crawford, they're telling everyone they don't want to move him. Why would they? He's one of the best players in baseball.

infohawk
04-23-2007, 01:28 PM
No.

Kenny would love to have Crawford, but I don't think it would be worth it for any team to give up the talent it would take to get him. The Rays are asking the moon for him. If they were to trade him, they wouldn't want Gavin Floyd. They would want two top level pitching prospects.
I'd love to have Crawford too, but I think KW would be undermining his "3-year plan" if he traded decent young pitching for him -- which is what it would likely take.

TDog
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
No chance. Not only would the price of Crawford be high, but he wouldn't be worth the cost. He puts up good fantasy stats, but he's not as smart a ballplayer as people seem to think he is.

I'm sure Kenny Williams would love to have him for the right price. Crawford has the tools. He can hit and field. But I doubt he would fulfill expectations as fully as a lot of fans here would expect. He'll play with Tampa Bay until he becomes a free agent, will sign an obscene long-term contract and will frustrate fans who expect more than he delivers.

Carl Crawford isn't going to come to the White Sox. Get used to it.