PDA

View Full Version : Paniagua

OEO Magglio
03-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Today Jose Paniagua got traded to the Tigers, so ovbiously the sox aren't going to get him anymore, I would have really liked to see Paniagua on the south side. Now since he is no longer a possibility who do you guys think the Sox should go after?

pearso66
03-25-2002, 01:14 PM
if the marlins are looking for a SS, and its true that penny is tradebait, maybe we can get penny for royce, and maybe leifer?, he has expressed that he wants to go somewhere where he'll play, but id rather instead of leifer, it be rowand

dougs78
03-25-2002, 02:43 PM
if the marlins are looking for a SS, and its true that penny is tradebait, maybe we can get penny for royce, and maybe leifer?, he has expressed that he wants to go somewhere where he'll play, but id rather instead of leifer, it be rowand

Ummm...I have no idea if Penny is on the block or not, but I dont' think the Marlins are really insane. Becuase that is what it would be to trade the best pitcher they have this year for Clayton and Liefer. I think if you even want to discuss this deal, you better be ready to talk about Carlos Lee and some other prospects.

pearso66
03-25-2002, 02:57 PM
well we could put up carlos lee, and maybe ginter? or wright, maybe lee, ginter, and clayton, im not saying it would happen, im just saying, that could be a good alternative

dougs78
03-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey if its possible, I'd obviously be all for it...I just don't really think it is. I love Lee, but I think Penny would be much more valuable to our team. Do you remember did you hear Penny was available? I thought I remembered hearing Clement's name, (who I'm not sure I'd be interested in) but not Penny.

kermittheefrog
03-25-2002, 05:07 PM
THere have been a handful of Penny rumors including him going to Montreal and Texas. I really think he's a guy ready to break out, if we could get him for Lee or Lee and a couple C prospects I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Chisoxfn
03-25-2002, 05:48 PM
Penny would be an awesome aquisition. I don't know why the Marlins would want to give him up but if they are willing I'll be glad to deal Wright and Ginter for him. I'd also be willing to do Wright, Ginter and Royce for him but I doubt they'd want Roids.

I could even do Lee and Ginter for him cause I don't like lee and would much rather have Rowand out there.

hold2dibber
03-25-2002, 05:54 PM
There is no way the cash-strapped Marlins would touch Clayton and his $4.5 mm price tag for this season.

Chisoxfn
03-25-2002, 06:00 PM
Thats what I figured. Royce makes a lot of money.

RichH55
03-25-2002, 06:37 PM
I think the type of C Lee + for a frontline starter(Penny, etc) will come prior to 2003 and after 2002....We have such depth in the minors, and only so many can get looks and only so many will have warranted that look....we are definately close to the bird in the hand is worth two in the bush stage

baggio202
03-25-2002, 06:37 PM
the cubs are also rumored to be after d-rays closer estaban yan...wouldnt mind the sox picking him up either

Chisoxfn
03-25-2002, 06:55 PM
I'd take Yan or Alfonseca if the price wasn't too high but I'd prefer Estaban Yan. Ginter, Dellaro and someone else for Yan would be a great move.