PDA

View Full Version : SOX TALK! with Pat and Tony

bahn1225
04-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Has anyone watched this show?

It airs on Comcast at 11pm onWednesdays.

I watched it last week and it's nice to see something on the SOX.
(whatever happen to White Sox Weekly?)

What's up with these guys?

UserNameBlank
04-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I saw like 2 minutes of it and became embarrased as a Sox fan. A poorly produced second rate show with two people I've never heard of who aren't funny talking about the Sox just screams "Wrigleyville" to me. Sorry, but I hope they cancel it.

BRDSR
04-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I saw like 2 minutes of it and became embarrased as a Sox fan. A poorly produced second rate show with two people I've never heard of who aren't funny talking about the Sox just screams "Wrigleyville" to me. Sorry, but I hope they cancel it.

It is pretty terrible.

I noticed it in the guide on my DVR and set it to record. I watched about the first 2/3rds of the episode hoping to get some sort of intelligent display, but it never came. Needless to say, I don't record the show anymore.

sox1970
04-22-2007, 12:33 PM
It's garbage.

HotelWhiteSox
04-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Agree with everyone else. The description said 'live call in show' (which it's not), they were better off doing that the whole time.

Martinigirl
04-22-2007, 12:43 PM
I think it was a matter of trying way too hard to be funny, and it wasn't working at all. If that was the first show, hopefully they will calm down in the future.

Was that Steve Dahl's son?

Lip Man 1
04-22-2007, 12:45 PM
For some amazing reason if you are not in the White Sox market area, it's 'blacked out.' So I can't see it, although after reading the comments I don't know if I'd want to.

Lip

sox1970
04-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I think it was a matter of trying way too hard to be funny, and it wasn't working at all. If that was the first show, hopefully they will calm down in the future.

No, but I think Mike Dahl works for Comcast.

bahn1225
04-22-2007, 12:51 PM

I wondered that too.
The show "screams" Steve Dahl type humor.

Also, I'm in Iowa and it's not blocked out here.
(Is that good or bad?)

oeo
04-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Saw it last night, and I wish I had that half-hour back.

Maybe they'd be better suited for a serious show because they're trying their hardest to be funny...and they're not.

BainesHOF
04-22-2007, 02:27 PM
The show needs to be blacked out everywhere.

ilsox7
04-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Not meant to be a rip on the OP, but is there a reason people use bold and big type as their normal setting?

CLR01
04-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Not meant to be a rip on the OP, but is there a reason people use bold and big type as their normal setting?

I don't know but this has a bit of funky spam smell to it.

soltrain21
04-22-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't know but this has a bit of funky spam smell to it.

Yeah, I wonder if this is Pat or Tony.

bigfoot
04-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I wonder if this is Pat or Tony.

Spam or Baloney? Pat or Tony? ALL need to be left in the sun to dry for about two weeks and then feed the dessicated remains to the ravens.
Nevermore!

D. TODD
04-23-2007, 10:50 AM
I did catch it while channel surfing, and after watching it the next time I run into it while surfing I'll just continue on.

roylestillman
04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Does anybody remember that experiment that Comcast tried a few years ago putting "alternative" announcers on the SAP audio? I can't remember their names but there were times when those two were pretty hysterical, as opposed to Pat and Tony. I thought it was a great idea, but they disappeared pretty abruptly if I remember.

TheVulture
04-23-2007, 11:28 AM

I felt the same way after even 5 or 10 minutes, but by the end I actually liked it. It's silly, but funny.

jdm2662
04-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Does anybody remember that experiment that Comcast tried a few years ago putting "alternative" announcers on the SAP audio? I can't remember their names but there were times when those two were pretty hysterical, as opposed to Pat and Tony. I thought it was a great idea, but they disappeared pretty abruptly if I remember.

It was the last year of FSN. They had open auditions for it. I actually went to try out for it. They had quite a bit of questions about pop culture, and I got no music questions right... I was able to identify Jessica Simpsons picture, but that was a pure guess. I guess I should watch more tv...

As for the show, I watched about 30 seconds of it, and boy was it awful. I didn't change the station because I was waiting for Mark's no-no game replay.

TomBradley72
04-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Pretty awful.

As bad as the stadium "DJ" that the White Sox employed in the late 90's...the knucklehead that would walk around the ballpark with a headset on trying very hard to be "nutty". Does anyone else remember that goofball?

Thank God the Gallas era is over and the Boyer era is here.

CLR01
04-23-2007, 02:50 PM

:gallas

"Hey, speak for yourself, buddy."

tebman
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Pat and Tony remind me of a couple of guys doing a public-access cable show. No script, no real program plan, just the thrill of sitting in front of a camera and waiting for something funny to happen ("So, Garth, let's review the list of top ten babes!")

Maybe those guys could be entertaining, but they need writers. They clearly aren't improv comedians.

downstater
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Down right brutal.

CHISOXFAN13
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Pretty awful.

As bad as the stadium "DJ" that the White Sox employed in the late 90's...the knucklehead that would walk around the ballpark with a headset on trying very hard to be "nutty". Does anyone else remember that goofball?

Unfortunately, I'll always remember how bad DJ Joe Stephen was. Awful.

BeeBeeRichard
04-26-2007, 11:19 AM
After seeing only 5 minutes last week, last night's episode pretty much confirmed my suspicion that SoxTalk With Pat & Tony is a Sox infomercial
created by 2x4 or whoever.

When Brett Smalls of the TSSCBOT shows up as the "special guest" it's pretty obvious that this show is an extension of those faked up commercials.

Not sure if that makes it more or less lame.

twsoxfan5
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
After attending the Buehrle no hitter last week I was willing to watch anything about the Sox that night. Needless to say when Pat and Tony came on at 11 I fell asleep.

Jerko
04-26-2007, 11:54 AM
After seeing only 5 minutes last week, last night's episode pretty much confirmed my suspicion that SoxTalk With Pat & Tony is a Sox infomercial
created by 2x4 or whoever.

When Brett Smalls of the TSSCBOT shows up as the "special guest" it's pretty obvious that this show is an extension of those faked up commercials.

Not sure if that makes it more or less lame.

More.