PDA

View Full Version : is the 25-man roster set?

cheeses_h_rice
03-25-2002, 01:06 PM
If so, who made the cut? Liefer? Harris? Crede?

Paulwny
03-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
If so, who made the cut? Liefer? Harris? Crede?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/wire/stories/0,1169,5170215_52,00.html

cheeses_h_rice
03-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/wire/stories/0,1169,5170215_52,00.html

Thanks. Weird to see that Simmons is going to be unconditionally released. That guy has done so much yo-yo time with this club, you have to feel bad for him.

Iwritecode
03-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Thanks. Weird to see that Simmons is going to be unconditionally released. That guy has done so much yo-yo time with this club, you have to feel bad for him.

I never did understand why they picked him up when Toronto released him. With Rowand, Singleton and Borchard fighting for the CF spot, somebody had to go. Then they got Harris for Singleton and they picked up Lofton. He had to know his days were numbered then. He was out of options so I guess this was their only choice. So the roster is down to 28 now? Who's left on the bubble? Liefer, Rowand, Harris, Porzio(sp)?

czalgosz
03-25-2002, 01:29 PM
So Porzio's still in the mix... interesting. Think the Sox will go with 12 pitchers after all?

Iwritecode
03-25-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I never did understand why they picked him up when Toronto released him. With Rowand, Singleton and Borchard fighting for the CF spot, somebody had to go. Then they got Harris for Singleton and they picked up Lofton. He had to know his days were numbered then. He was out of options so I guess this was their only choice. So the roster is down to 28 now? Who's left on the bubble? Liefer, Rowand, Harris, Porzio(sp)?

Paul and Parque are still around too. Duh...

HawkDJ
03-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
So Porzio's still in the mix... interesting. Think the Sox will go with 12 pitchers after all?

If Porzio does even make it, won't he just be sent down within a month since Biddle and Parque should be healthy soon. Once they are healthy what are they going to do?

cheeses_h_rice
03-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

If Porzio does even make it, won't he just be sent down within a month since Biddle and Parque should be healthy soon. Once they are healthy what are they going to do?

Speaking of Biddle, I think I'm probably the 90th person to ask this, but what is his current status, and when is he expected back? I've heard NOTHING about him.

HawkDJ
03-25-2002, 01:38 PM
Last I heard about Biddle is that he is starting to pitch and is expected back early May.

czalgosz
03-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Well, in all probability Wright and/or Rauch will suck, so at least one of them will probably be sent down when Biddle and Parque are ready. It really would depend on what the Sox want to do with Biddle and Parque once they are healthy. Would they want to throw them right into the rotation, or do some service time in the 'pen first? If it's the latter, then the Sox will probably release Porzio, unless Wunsch is just sucking it up.

A lot is going to happen between now and the time that Parque and Biddle are healthy.

RedPinStripes
03-25-2002, 01:43 PM
Damn Joe Crede really sucks!!!!!! .380 and some great diving catches at third showing he is the best possible solution for a great defensive 3rd baseman on the Sox. Man we all have it wrong. I'll bet Joe 's going to be real happy when the choice hits anotehr slump.

By the way........I'm pissed off!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :

cheeses_h_rice
03-25-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Damn Joe Crede really sucks!!!!!! .380 and some great diving catches at third showing he is the best possible solution for a great defensive 3rd baseman on the Sox. Man we all have it wrong. I'll bet Joe 's going to be real happy when the choice hits anotehr slump.

By the way........I'm pissed off!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :

It's the Great $4.5 Million Chicago Blunder that won't go away until this season is over, sorry to say.

:hitless

Chicago, come on and admit it, you know you want to love me!

czalgosz
03-25-2002, 01:54 PM

It's the Great $4.5 Million Chicago Blunder that won't go away until this season is over, sorry to say.

:hitless

Chicago, come on and admit it, you know you want to love me!

No. Don't start this thread again. It's been talked about, and noone will gain anything by rehashing it.

Paulwny
03-25-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

No. Don't start this thread again. It's been talked about, and noone will gain anything by rehashing it.

I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! !!

HawkDJ
03-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

And Royce Clayton sucks too with his crappy 18 game hit streak....I'm sure you could see this coming, so just get over it.

FarWestChicago
03-25-2002, 02:14 PM

Speaking of Biddle, I think I'm probably the 90th person to ask this, but what is his current status, and when is he expected back? I've heard NOTHING about him. :?: I guess you haven't visited the home page in a while.

Biddle News (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=281)

Jerry_Manuel
03-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:?: I guess you haven't visited the home page in a while.

Biddle News (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=281)

*Another Update*

He's been placed on the 15 day DL.

Biddle (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?id=295&category=1)

cheeses_h_rice
03-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:?: I guess you haven't visited the home page in a while.

No, I just visited it earlier this morning. There's a jumble of stuff on that page, so I just missed seeing that article. I am more reliant on the discussion on this board than anything...

Jerry_Manuel
03-25-2002, 02:25 PM
There's a jumble of stuff on that page, so I just missed seeing that article.

That's half the fun of coming here, seeing what crazy things are on the front page.