PDA

View Full Version : Sirotka update, if you're interested

Paulwny
03-25-2002, 12:44 PM
Bob Elliott---Toronto Sun

T.O. BOUND: On a day Wells looked the best he has in years, lefty Mike Sirotka, the man he was dealt for Jan. 14, 2001, regressed.

Sirotka, who underwent surgery on his left shoulder to repair a torn labrum on April 24, 2001, is headed to Toronto on Wednesday. Neither the Jays nor Sirotka are pleased with Sirotka's progress.

He had been throwing off flat ground, but now he will be re-examined.

HawkDJ
03-25-2002, 12:47 PM
So why then are people still saying that David Wells trade was a terrible one? It was worth the risk of getting a veteran ace for what should have been a playoff team, and we pretty much gave up nothing unless Sirotka somehow returns to form.

pearso66
03-25-2002, 01:05 PM
i agree, i have always thought the wells for sirotka deal was great. if wells didnt get hurt, i think he could have had a great year. i didnt realize sirotka was hurt at the time, but i was excited to see boomer in the black and white

nut_stock
03-25-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
i agree, i have always thought the wells for sirotka deal was great. if wells didnt get hurt, i think he could have had a great year. i didnt realize sirotka was hurt at the time, but i was excited to see boomer in the black and white

I was only able to see him pitch once in person. He was lit up by the cardinals, but he did manage to hit JD Drew in the wrist sending him to the DL.

foulkesfan11
03-25-2002, 11:51 PM
He was a good guy. I hope he gets back in the game soon!

CLR01
03-26-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock

I was only able to see him pitch once in person. He was lit up by the cardinals, but he did manage to hit JD Drew in the wrist sending him to the DL.

That was the only time i saw him pitch in person as well. The cards fans were really unhappy about that pitch.

RichH55
03-26-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
He was a good guy. I hope he gets back in the game soon!

Agreed....and I really do wish the best for Mike...but that trade still looks like a win for the club or at worst a push

whitesoxaddict
03-26-2002, 09:27 PM

The rest of my family are all cardinals fans, so they were really laying into me how the sox couldn't win even though they were cheating (ie the pegging of Drew)

I responded that they should be glad Wells didn't peg Drew in the head, seeing as how Wells probably couldn't see anything beyond his gut til he got about 2/3 of the way through his throwing motion;)

sadly that was also the only sox game I saw

baggio202
03-26-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
So why then are people still saying that David Wells trade was a terrible one? It was worth the risk of getting a veteran ace for what should have been a playoff team, and we pretty much gave up nothing unless Sirotka somehow returns to form.

doesnt say much about the success of a trade when we have to wait and see if the guy we traded away has a career ending injury before we call a trade a push