PDA

View Full Version : Aww funs over.

JermaineDye05
04-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Link (http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070421&content_id=1922194&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc)

Soriano moving back to Left. :(:

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Link (http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070421&content_id=1922194&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc)

Soriano moving back to Left. :(:
Gee, nobody saw that one coming

eastchicagosoxfan
04-21-2007, 05:17 PM
A question without reading the article. Will Pie be getting more playing time?

getonbckthr
04-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Pie looks to good to be sent down.

Tragg
04-21-2007, 05:23 PM
They're gonna keep trying to peddle Jock Jones. The putzes at BP suggested that the Sox trade MacDougal for him.

TheOldRoman
04-21-2007, 05:32 PM
They're gonna keep trying to peddle Jock Jones. The putzes at BP suggested that the Sox trade MacDougal for him.Sounds great for the Cubs. Maybe then they can spin Will Ohman for Albert Pujols.

Dan the Man
04-21-2007, 06:23 PM
They're gonna keep trying to peddle Jock Jones. The putzes at BP suggested that the Sox trade MacDougal for him.

So when Pods is back, there can be one more outfielder sitting on the bench who needs more playing time...:rolleyes:

FedEx227
04-22-2007, 06:03 PM
But wait... I was told that his speed could make up for any problems he'd have in center and that over time he would continue to improve.

WHAT HAPPENED?!!?

rowand33
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
But wait... I was told that his speed could make up for any problems he'd have in center and that over time he would continue to improve.

WHAT HAPPENED?!!?

from what I've heard, part of the reason he looks so awful at the plate is becausre he frequently has to skip out on batting practice to work on things in the field.

FedEx227
04-22-2007, 09:15 PM
from what I've heard, part of the reason he looks so awful at the plate is becausre he frequently has to skip out on batting practice to work on things in the field.

I wouldn't doubt it. It's a combination of 1) a lot of pressure coming from playing in Chicago, he wants to be a big deal as soon as possible so he's taking huge swings attempting to hit home-runs. Unfortunately he's batting leadoff and striking out ALOT. 2) Exactly as you stated, he's attempting to learn a position that is very, very tough for a guy who could barely patrol LF.

I'm a little upset the Cubs gave up this soon though, it was too funny watching him play out there and watching them defend it as a good decision.

rowand33
04-22-2007, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. It's a combination of 1) a lot of pressure coming from playing in Chicago, he wants to be a big deal as soon as possible so he's taking huge swings attempting to hit home-runs. Unfortunately he's batting leadoff and striking out ALOT. 2) Exactly as you stated, he's attempting to learn a position that is very, very tough for a guy who could barely patrol LF.

I'm a little upset the Cubs gave up this soon though, it was too funny watching him play out there and watching them defend it as a good decision.

I love how the Cubs are handling CF. First they trot Soriano out there, an obviously terrible idea; I mean, the guy was terrible at his natural position of 2B, and was pretty poor at LF, which I consider to be the easiest position in baseball to field, and they decide that it's a good decision to put him in CF, which is one of the 3 hardest positions to field IMO (C and SS the other two). Then, they plan to send down Pie, who's a great fielder if nothing else, and move Jones over there, who isn't a good enough fielder anymore to truly handle the position.

Somebody in that organization needs to realize that CF is a pretty important position and that an actual CF should be playing there. What they should do is keep Pie up. He's no worse a hitter than Cedeno, and Cedeno gets to stay on the club.

But... this just goes to show you why it's almost been 100 years. Bad players, bad decisions.

Flight #24
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Funniest of all: $300mil for a 5-9 record against "rivals" in arguably the worst division in baseball. After a sterling .407 winning% in 2006, they added all that "talent" and are sporting.....389.:kneeslap:

Yes, I know it's early.....but it's never too early to laugh at yet another Chubs disaster!

RKMeibalane
04-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Funniest of all: $300mil for a 5-9 record against "rivals" in arguably the worst division in baseball. After a sterling .407 winning% in 2006, they added all that "talent" and are sporting.....389.:kneeslap:

Yes, I know it's early.....but it's never too early to laugh at yet another Chubs disaster!

But you need to answer this: what the hell do you think isn't working? :cool:

JB98
04-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Lovable losers are DL'ing Wade Miller and recalling some relief pitcher named Rocky Cherry. Pie is staying up for now.

WizardsofOzzie
04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Lovable losers are DL'ing Wade Miller and recalling some relief pitcher named Rocky Cherry. Pie is staying up for now.
Could they bat Cherry 8th and Pie 9th so on the scorecard it will read

8. Cherry
9. Pie

:duck:

Tragg
04-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Funniest of all: $300mil for a 5-9 record against "rivals" in arguably the worst division in baseball. After a sterling .407 winning% in 2006, they added all that "talent" and are sporting.....389.

How could the media not have laughed the Cubs out of town for putting Wade Miller into the rotation and still calling themselves serious contenders? Did Phil write a series of articles blasting such a move?

Wade Miller is Jason Bere of 5 years ago, only worse. Like Jason, an injury ruined his career and he's been making the rounds ever since, but not good enough to hold a job. Come to think of it, Bere made a little visit to the northside himself.