PDA

View Full Version : *Official* What A Win Now Let's Sweep Em!!! 4/21/2007 Post Game Thread

MCHSoxFan
04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
NICE WIN!!! Talk about some clutch hitting!!! I just loved how we took advantage of the Tiggers mistakes!!! As soon as Detroit did NOT score in the 9th and Paulie led off the 10th inning with a double, I knew we would win. GREAT job by Bobby!!! I know, we could have done some things better, but, overall a nice win.

cheeses_h_rice
04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Great pitching (after the 1st, that is), and clutch hitting.

:gulp:

soltrain21
04-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Thats just getting the job done. Nice job, boys.

oeo
Outside of that first inning, great game all around. This bullpen makes me drool.

JermaineDye05
I love our bullpen.

infohawk
04-21-2007, 03:16 PM
You got that thread up pretty fast!!! Great win. The bullpen rocks, the offense is showing a few signs of life and the team is capitalizing on mistakes. Rough first inning by Contreras, but he pitched very well after that and his ability to eat up innings allowed Ozzie to mix-and-match the bullpen.

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2007, 03:16 PM
:hawk

I luvvvvv win streaks

White_Sock
04-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I love our bullpen.

It's amazing how far a team could change in one season...with Kenny Williams at the helm.

MarySwiss
04-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to claim at least partial credit for this win. :D:

Once the Sox fell behind in the first, I--true to my superstitious nature--went shopping. Upon my return, the Sox had cut it to 5-4. And the rest is rock and roll! :cool:

soltrain21
You got that thread up pretty fast!!! Great win. The bullpen rocks, the offense is showing a few signs of life and the team is capitalizing on mistakes. Rough first inning by Contreras, but he pitched very well after that and his ability to eat up innings allowed Ozzie to mix-and-match the bullpen.

The mix and match is also allowing our bullpen to stay fresh. Our very scary bullpen to stay fresh.

Hendu
Our pen is on a roll. And looks like the O is starting to heat up a bit, and doing it without relying exclusively on the long ball.

Thankfully, the Kittens' defense took the game off.

whitesoxfan
04-21-2007, 03:20 PM
We're looking real good right now. Great pitching from Jose, only had two bad pitches. I loved how he attacked hitters today. Great job by the pen as usual. We got the big hits when we needed them. Let's sweep the Tiggers tomorrow!

Great start to the day. LET'S GO BULLS!

ILuvThatDuck
Go team go

Jurr
Hey, look who decided to show up? Offense? Get down 4 and claw right back without the aid of a homer. What a concept. :bandance:

Dan the Man
04-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Solid save by Bobby, he didn't even make me yell at the TV! This bullpen is dominant. And great clutch hitting; it's nice to see Crede getting back to farm. And I like the fact that 2 runs came via the sac fly. Let's make it 5 straight! :gulp:

oeo
NICE WIN!!! Talk about some clutch hitting!!! I just loved how we took advantage of the Tiggers mistakes!!! As soon as Detroit did NOT score in the 9th and Paulie led off the 10th inning with a double, I knew we would win. GREAT job by Bobby!!! I know, we could have done some things better, but, overall a nice win.

BTW, I see you are still having trouble spelling, "official." :D:

mccoydp
Man, that was a grinder-ific win!

Big hits by Paulie and Jermaine to put the winning run across the plate.

:bandance:

MCHSoxFan
04-21-2007, 03:22 PM

If Ozuna made the catch and if Crede stopped that ball in the first, there would have been no runs, except when Magglio got his HR.

slobes
04-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Nice to see both the offense and Jose fight back after a tough 1st inning. 4 wins in a row, boys, just keep it rolling.

MCHSoxFan
04-21-2007, 03:23 PM
BTW, I see you are still having trouble spelling, "official." :D:

OOPS!!! :D:

hawkjt
04-21-2007, 03:24 PM
even with that first inning, I really liked how jose threw strikes... if he does that he will be tough and go deep often... and that sets up the bullpen to do their thing...

PK,Juan,Joe,Pablo,big jim - way to come thru at the plate.

goodbye .500- may we never see you again this year.

cbone
04-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I love what I am seeing, The hitting will come. Solid starting pitching and a bullpen that is just plain unfair. Sweep em tomorrow boys!!! :gulp: :bandance: :gulp:

eastchicagosoxfan
04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Good win today. This quiet four game streak has featured more good baseball than lucky baseball.
Has everybody in the pen been used in the last two days?

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I woke up at about 12:20ish and immediately turned on the television in my bedroom. Literally 10 seconds later, the Tigers hit that Grand Slam. I was thinking to myself "Awww, crap! I've gotta turn this off for a while!" But, I still couldn't do so! Fortunately, Jose nailed things down after that pitaful first inning.

It feels great to come back against Detroit in back-to-back games. Our hitting seems to be more timely now, and our bullpen's been there all season long. I'm glad we had Paulie and JD going for us in the 10th inning. Definitely couldn't have started that inning off with two better guys.

CLR01
04-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Great win. Way to keep battling Sox.

I think I love Tony. :unsure:

Fuller_Schettman
04-21-2007, 03:29 PM
I feel another one of those rare "Magical Seasons" coming on!

Our pitching is so amazing so far!

AND we are playing .700 ball against the AL, less Cleveland

chisox77
04-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Just a nice, solid win. Now let's get the sweep.

:D:

ilsox7
04-21-2007, 03:30 PM
If Ozuna made the catch and if Crede stopped that ball in the first, there would have been no runs, except when Magglio got his HR.

If the Tigers would have not gotten any hits, Jose would have thrown a no-hitter.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2007, 03:30 PM
If the Tigers would have not gotten any hits, Jose would have thrown a no-hitter.

And, if they didn't even get a base runner, Jose would've thrown a perfect game. :cool:

eastchicagosoxfan
04-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Go for the throat tomorrow. I'll bet the team ERA is significantly lower than this time last year.

Dan the Man
04-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Go for the throat tomorrow. I'll bet the team ERA is significantly lower than this time last year.

Unfortunately, so is the team batting average, but I think we all know that it is beginning to come around, as seen in these last 4 games.

Tragg
04-21-2007, 03:38 PM
We used a new leadoff hitter today -this one got on base twice and scored 2 runs today. Our 0-5 hitter was hitting 7th. That helped.

oeo
04-21-2007, 03:41 PM
We used a new leadoff hitter today -this one got on base twice and scored 2 runs today. Our 0-5 hitter was hitting 7th. That helped.

It really sucks that Pods went down. :(:

I hope he can continue what he was doing when he comes back.

eastchicagosoxfan
04-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately, so is the team batting average, but I think we all know that it is beginning to come around, as seen in these last 4 games.
I'll take the pitching any time. It seemed that last year the Sox were outslugging teams. Eventually, good pitching can and will shut down good hitting.

MCHSoxFan
04-21-2007, 03:47 PM
even with that first inning, I really liked how jose threw strikes... if he does that he will be tough and go deep often... and that sets up the bullpen to do their thing...

PK,Juan,Joe,Pablo,big jim - way to come thru at the plate.

goodbye .500- may we never see you again this year.

I hope we do NOT see .500 again. When I say that, I mean we will ALWAYS be ABOVE .500. I NEVER want us to be at or BELOW .500 anymore. LET'S GO SOX!!! KEEP IT UUUPPPP!!!

cheezheadsoxfan
04-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I'll take the pitching any time. It seemed that last year the Sox were outslugging teams. Eventually, good pitching can and will shut down good hitting.

How true. Seemed there was a mindset of "what's a few (4-5) runs, our offense can come back". That winds up bitting you in the butt. Nothing like good pitching. Now when Farmer say someone is warming up, I don't want to crawl under the bed.

Dan the Man
04-21-2007, 03:54 PM
How true. Seemed there was a mindset of "what's a few (4-5) runs, our offense can come back". That winds up bitting you in the butt.

Just ask Ted Lilly.

CanBuehrleWait
04-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Yea Sox:bandance:

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2007, 04:11 PM
I like it when postgame threads are short....It means we don't have alot to bitch about :smile:

JB98
04-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Really, today's game was the Tigers to lose. They hit a grand slam in the first inning, and they had a good pitcher in Robertson on the mound. Instead, they started fumbling the ball around and giving us opportunities. We capitalized on EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM. That's just huge, and it's the sign of a good team. We stole one from a division rival today, and I couldn't be more pleased.

This is going to be how it is in this division all year: One- and two-run games. The team that holds leads in the late innings, and rallies to steal wins late in games is going to be the team to beat. The Sox showed us the last two days that they might be that team.

hi im skot
04-21-2007, 04:49 PM
http://i15.tinypic.com/3ypyp84.jpg

HotelWhiteSox
04-21-2007, 04:58 PM
A little deferred with the Bulls, but awesome, it must eat at Detroit to have so much trouble with us, big divisional wins.

UserNameBlank
04-21-2007, 05:50 PM
A little deferred with the Bulls, but awesome, it must eat at Detroit to have so much trouble with us, big divisional wins.
Yep. If only we played Minnesota the way we played Detroit...

palehozenychicty
04-21-2007, 05:56 PM

Yeah. Top to bottom, Detroit is a better team as well.

MarySwiss
04-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Solid save by Bobby, he didn't even make me yell at the TV! This bullpen is dominant. And great clutch hitting; it's nice to see Crede getting back to farm. And I like the fact that 2 runs came via the sac fly. Let's make it 5 straight! :gulp:
Yes, this bullpen is scary good!

Zisk77
04-21-2007, 06:25 PM
[quote=chisoxfanatic;1546838]I woke up at about 12:20ish and immediately turned on the television in my bedroom. Literally 10 seconds later, the Tigers hit that Grand Slam. I was thinking to myself "Awww, crap! I've gotta turn this off for a while!" But, I still couldn't do so! Fortunately, Jose nailed things down after that pitaful first inning.

I love full Pitas! MMMMM Yummy.
We so Rock. :supernana:

dcb56
04-21-2007, 06:45 PM

O/U on how long you think that sig will last?

Ziggy S
04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Great effort by the bullpen, again. Hopefully, that statement stays redundant. Also, welcome back Paulie, we missed ya.

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Really, today's game was the Tigers to lose. They hit a grand slam in the first inning, and they had a good pitcher in Robertson on the mound. Instead, they started fumbling the ball around and giving us opportunities. We capitalized on EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM. That's just huge, and it's the sign of a good team. We stole one from a division rival today, and I couldn't be more pleased.

This is going to be how it is in this division all year: One- and two-run games. The team that holds leads in the late innings, and rallies to steal wins late in games is going to be the team to beat. The Sox showed us the last two days that they might be that team.

Great analysis! I completely agree. I love it that the Sox were able to score all their runs - enough runs to win - without having to hit a home run. Homers are great, but it's better to be able to score in a variety of ways, because sometimes the homers just won't come.

itsnotrequired
04-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Great analysis! I completely agree. I love it that the Sox were able to score all their runs - enough runs to win - without having to hit a home run. Homers are great, but it's better to be able to score in a variety of ways, because sometimes the homers just won't come.

Iguchi and Uribe hit HRs yesterday.

Or are you talking about the go-ahead runs not being from the long ball?

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Iguchi and Uribe hit HRs yesterday.

Or are you talking about the go-ahead runs not being from the long ball?

The Sox didn't hit any homers during Saturday's win (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2007_04_21_chamlb_detmlb_1&c_id=mlb) at Detroit.

:cool:

itsnotrequired
04-22-2007, 02:58 PM
The Sox didn't hit any homers during Saturday's win (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2007_04_21_chamlb_detmlb_1&c_id=mlb) at Detroit.

:cool:

Bah, I was thinking of Friday.

:redface:

ChiSoxGirl
04-22-2007, 03:28 PM
TBGR. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3346) I wrote it last night, but didn't have a chance to post a link to it, since I needed to leave to be somewhere. :redface: