PDA

View Full Version : Toby catches bullpen

hawkjt
04-21-2007, 11:25 AM
according to cowley; he caught javvy's bullpen today and is surprising hermy with his progress. We need that man to relieve AJ so bad, a miraculous recovery would be a godsend.

BA is now out of the lineup after intially being listed as starting in center today... cowley says it is hard not to read into it that ozzie has written him off... but says it could be because with molina behind the plate oz did not want two weak bats in the lineup- I think that is BS.. I am afraid that it has gotten personal with ozzie and BA and ozzie is kind of humiliating him publically with this last minute change.

I think BA has as much chance against robertson as erstad does.. maybe better.

SoXPriDe33
04-21-2007, 12:03 PM
BA is now out of the lineup after intially being listed as starting in center today... cowley says it is hard not to read into it that ozzie has written him off... but says it could be because with molina behind the plate oz did not want two weak bats in the lineup- I think that is BS.. I am afraid that it has gotten personal with ozzie and BA and ozzie is kind of humiliating him publically with this last minute change.

I think BA has as much chance against robertson as erstad does.. maybe better.

BA does no good to the Sox by sitting on the bench and only coming in as a defensive replacement. Send him down to get regular playing time because Ozzie obviously doesn't want him in the lineup with the big club.

Dibbs
04-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I am far from Anderson's biggest supporter, but I think it's obvious Ozzie has something personal against him.

Deebs14
04-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I am far from Anderson's biggest supporter, but I think it's obvious Ozzie has something personal against him.

Same here...it's tough to get in a rhythm when you only get the chance to go 6 for 3 at most every week. :rolleyes:

ondafarm
04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't think BA has had a fair evluation of his talent thus far, and with Ozzie managing, I doubt he will. Send him down, let him play regularly at Charlotte.

A. Cavatica
04-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Or keep Anderson and fire Ozzie...

Grzegorz
04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't think BA has had a fair evluation of his talent thus far, and with Ozzie managing, I doubt he will. Send him down, let him play regularly at Charlotte.

Who runs the team Ozzie or KW? It would be wise to give BA at bats in the minors. If not trade him.

TDog
04-21-2007, 03:45 PM

You could name Anderson the player-manager. It worked for Lou Boudreau in 1948.

But Lou Boudreau could hit.

Frontman
04-21-2007, 06:25 PM

I hear Manuel would like to come back.

Honestly, I don't see why they don't demote BA if they won't use him, although I do understand Ozzie's point with Molina being in there and then putting BA in. But if BA doesn't see play for another week, I have to honestly wonder why they have him in the first place.

UserNameBlank
04-21-2007, 06:32 PM
This team has no use for a late-inning LF replacement. Ozzie should just start BA and demote Erstad to the bench, but that will not happen because sooner or later, like every other player in baseball, Erstad will get on a hot streak where he hits like .270 or something. Ozzie will then go on record about how "dis kid play da game da right way" and Hawk will continue spewing grinder garbage from his mouth, convincing stupid fans that Darin is more than a bench player at this point in his career.

I highly doubt that Erstad would be the starting CF if KW made out the lineup cards, but I guess to his credit he keeps his word and lets Ozze manage the team he built for him.

Brian26
04-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Salas is killing us.

We're never going to get back to the World Series unless we pick up Blanco or Sandy Alomar for bullpen catching.

russ99
04-21-2007, 07:12 PM
You could name Anderson the player-manager. It worked for Lou Boudreau in 1948.

But Lou Boudreau could hit.

HA!! :D::gulp::D:

POTW!

russ99
04-21-2007, 07:13 PM
BTW: What the does the tearjerking saga of BA's quest fot justice have to do with Toby Hall?

TomBradley72
04-21-2007, 07:55 PM
BTW: What the does the tearjerking saga of BA's quest fot justice have to do with Toby Hall?

Every thread on these boards is just a post away from being about Erstad, Anderson, Rowand or McCarthy. :cool:

Ziggy S
04-21-2007, 08:32 PM
according to cowley; he caught javvy's bullpen today and is surprising hermy with his progress. We need that man to relieve AJ so bad, a miraculous recovery would be a godsend.

Herm Schneider, best trainer in baseball? I think we could make a case.

Frontman
04-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Every thread on these boards is just a post away from being about Erstad, Anderson, Rowand or McCarthy. :cool:

Or two away from Frank Thomas. Never forget that, either.