PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Part 2: Buehrle's No Hitter Reaches A Small Town Newspaper in MD.

Thome25
04-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I was absolutely amazed by Buehrle's No-No the other day. The next morning as I went out on my driveway to get the newspaper, to tell the truth I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to read about it the next day in the Sun-Times or Tribune.

To my surprise, I look at the banner on the top of the front page and it says: "White Sox Mark Buehrle Pitches No Hitter"

I know what you're probably thinking: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah BIG deal....it should be on the front page, it was a no-hitter after all.

But, it was a BIG deal around here. I live in an EXTREMELY small town. Heck, there's less people in the entire COUNTY I live in than there is in individual suburbs around Chicago.

I was experiencing some MAJOR Sox Pride because his no hitter reached a very small town in the state of Maryland. The people in this small town who run the newspaper thought enough of it to make it a banner on the front page of the paper.

That definitely made the lone Sox fan in that town proud.:D:

Milw
04-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I was absolutely amazed by Buehrle's No-No the other day. The next morning as I went out on my driveway to get the newspaper, to tell the truth I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to read about it the next day in the Sun-Times or Tribune.

To my surprise, I look at the banner on the top of the front page and it says: "White Sox Mark Buehrle Pitches No Hitter"

I know what you're probably thinking: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah BIG deal....it should be on the front page, it was a no-hitter after all.

But, it was a BIG deal around here. I live in an EXTREMELY small town. Heck, there's less people in the entire COUNTY I live in than there is in individual suburbs around Chicago.

I was experiencing some MAJOR Sox Pride because his no hitter reached a very small town in the state of Maryland. The people in this small town who run the newspaper thought enough of it to make it a banner on the front page of the paper.

That definitely made the lone Sox fan in that town proud.:D:

That's cool and all, but, um ... the FRONT PAGE? Not the front of sports? Really? I mean, Sox Pride and all that, but there's not more important NEWS in the world? Va Tech? Alberto Gonzalez? Iraq?

Kinda scary, to be honest ...

DSpivack
04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
That's cool and all, but, um ... the FRONT PAGE? Not the front of sports? Really? I mean, Sox Pride and all that, but there's not more important NEWS in the world? Va Tech? Alberto Gonzalez? Iraq?

Kinda scary, to be honest ...

I believe he said it was on the banner at the top of the paper, not a front-page story.