PDA

View Full Version : Sox fans on courtTV

Jason82807
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a large percentage of suspects on police videos are wearing Sox stuff?

skottyj242
04-20-2007, 02:08 PM
What?

Mr.1Dog
04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
:threadsucks

LongLiveFisk
04-20-2007, 02:18 PM
It's a Cubune conspiracy.

Jerko
04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
I'd venture a guess that most of the people in those tapes wearing Sox stuff can't name 3 guys on the team.

Berkules
04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Here in California I notice a lot of people wearing Sox hats...and they are primarily of a "thuggish" nature. I used to always drop in a "Go Sox!" or "You a Chicago fan?" and guys just look at me like I'm an idiot..."huh?"

Now I say..."You a Chicago fan or do you just like the hat?"

"Just like the hat" is the dominant answer.

ShoelessJoeS
04-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I think it is just you. I watch alot of Court TV, and I never see any Sox gear.

Jason82807
04-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I think it is just you. I watch alot of Court TV, and I never see any Sox gear.

I was just watching it today and I saw 2 guys wearing Sox gear in separate segments just moments apart, nowhere near Chicago. I'm not trying to say that it's indicitive of Sox fans as a whole, I was just pointing out an odd coincidence.

Berkules
04-20-2007, 02:27 PM
I was just watching it today and I saw 2 guys wearing Sox gear in separate segments just moments apart, nowhere near Chicago. I'm not trying to say that it's indicitive of Sox fans as a whole, I was just pointing out an odd coincidence.

It's just because people like the logo and, like New York, Chicago is a cool place to represent regardless of wear you're from.

minutia
04-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I read a statistic once that Sox gear is very popular because it is the only uniform that is black. I have seen Sean John, Puffy Combs, whatever he goes by these days has been photographed wearing a sox hat on more than one occasion.

my5thbench
04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
good thing our guys don't have to wear those silly '80's uniforms.....no one would want that stuff

the '59 hat is still class

CHISOXFAN13
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM

Hey dude, What's the Score?

UserNameBlank
04-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Here in California I notice a lot of people wearing Sox hats...and they are primarily of a "thuggish" nature. I used to always drop in a "Go Sox!" or "You a Chicago fan?" and guys just look at me like I'm an idiot..."huh?"

Now I say..."You a Chicago fan or do you just like the hat?"

"Just like the hat" is the dominant answer.
Yep. The same goes for Yankee hats. You always see people wearing those but most of them outside of the East Coast aren't fans.

UserNameBlank
04-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I read a statistic once that Sox gear is very popular because it is the only uniform that is black. I have seen Sean John, Puffy Combs, whatever he goes by these days has been photographed wearing a sox hat on more than one occasion.
From Dr. Dre's "**** Wit Dre Day:"

Now you might not understand me
Cause I'ma rob you in Compton and blast you in Miami
Then we gon creep to South Central
On a Street Knowledge mission, as I steps in the temple
Spot him, got him, as I pulls out my strap
Got my chrome to the side of his White Sox hat
You tryin to check my homey, you better check yo self
Cause when you diss Dre you diss yourself, ************

Rappers aren't normally Sox fans but they like our colors.

MISoxfan
04-20-2007, 09:14 PM

Its not indictive of Sox fans PERIOD. I live in SoCal and I see Sox hats EVERYWHERE. If its someone I have a reason to talk to (the guy from Best Buy who delivered my fridge) I'll ask and they will look at me like it was the dumbest question in the world. They wear it because of the colors, they are not Sox fans and don't even pretend to be.

I will only wear throwback Sox gear or WS gear. I will never wear a regular old Sox cap around here.

chisox77
04-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Tupac Shakur was a big time White Sox gear supporter. Since the Sox went back to the Old English script style, along with the black and silver color scheme, it has been a favorite with a lot of urban artists, stylin' dudes, or folks who just want to wear the gear because it looks cool. I would have to agree - I've posted it here many times, the White Sox have the best threads in all of baseball.

:cool:

TDog
04-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I was on Court TV last year, but I wasn't wearing any Sox gear.

Steelrod
04-21-2007, 07:37 AM
I was on Court TV last year, but I wasn't wearing any Sox gear.
Hope you weren't the defendant!

Railsplitter
04-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Isn't silver and black some kind of gang color? I remeber when the L.A. Kings adopted silver and black, you saw people who weren't exactly hockey fans wearing it.

skobabe8
04-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Ive always thought it was the popularity of the sox hat that forced new era and other companies to make the hats of other teams all black. Walk in any Lidz or Finish Line and you'll see a cubs hat thats all black or a angels hat thats all black.