PDA

View Full Version : I Was There Shirts

skottyj242
04-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Has anyone bought one of the shirts yet? They were selling them in the gift shop behind home plate and they were making them in the new t-shirt shop. I bought one last night, I got the long sleeve one with Buehrle on the front throwing a pitch and it says:I Was There with the date one the bottom. On the back it has what looks like a time card with the date, time and box score line. Pretty cool souvenier. I know I got one, Jenn, The Dude and Paco's dad all got one, anyone else? Oh and by the way mine was thrity five bucks.

Chez
04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
I wasn't there! A buddy offered me a ticket, but I wasn't feeling well and turned him down. Maybe I'll print up some "I wasn't there" t-shirts showing me sitting on my couch watching the game on television. Any interest?

HotelWhiteSox
04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
They should make you show the ticket to buy one

cleanwsox
04-20-2007, 03:04 PM
I wasn't there! A buddy offered me a ticket, but I wasn't feeling well and turned him down. Maybe I'll print up some "I wasn't there" t-shirts showing me sitting on my couch watching the game on television. Any interest?

Can I get one that says "I listened to Bruce Levine say on ESPNews that Buehrle just pitched a no-hitter"

:angry:

oeo
04-20-2007, 03:04 PM
They should make you show the ticket to buy one

And lose money in the process? Doubt it.

skottyj242
04-20-2007, 03:07 PM
And lose money in the process? Doubt it.

I told the girl behind the counter that there was like 20,000 people there on Wednesday night but they'll sell like 70,000 t-shirts because everyone is going to say that they were there. She didn't get it and asked: "Why would everyone want three of the same shirt?" I explained it to her and she still didn't get it.

QCIASOXFAN
04-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I wasn't there! A buddy offered me a ticket, but I wasn't feeling well and turned him down. Maybe I'll print up some "I wasn't there" t-shirts showing me sitting on my couch watching the game on television. Any interest?:lol: How about, this was the only game not televised in my area in the month of April?

twsoxfan5
04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Havent gotten one yet but I will be getting one now b/c I was there.

CPditka
04-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Has anyone bought one of the shirts yet? They were selling them in the gift shop behind home plate and they were making them in the new t-shirt shop. I bought one last night, I got the long sleeve one with Buehrle on the front throwing a pitch and it says:I Was There with the date one the bottom. On the back it has what looks like a time card with the date, time and box score line. Pretty cool souvenier. I know I got one, Jenn, The Dude and Paco's dad all got one, anyone else? Oh and by the way mine was thrity five bucks.

How long are they going to be selling these? Hopefully they'll still have them for the Angels series when I go so I can grab one... because I was actually there.

jenn2080
04-20-2007, 03:23 PM
How long are they going to be selling these? Hopefully they'll still have them for the Angels series when I go so I can grab one... because I was actually there.

I imagine they will be selling them for a while. They are pretty neat. My brother and I both got the short sleeve white t shirts with the same thing Skotty got. Ours were $25 a piece.

SBSoxFan
04-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Are they being sold anywhere else, or just at the stadium?

MrRoboto83
04-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I thought they looked kinda cheesy.

DaBears
04-20-2007, 04:21 PM
anyone have a link/pic?? I was there and will get one if they are nice enough looking...

JohnTucker0814
04-20-2007, 04:22 PM
:lol: How about, this was the only game not televised in my area in the month of April?

I wachted every pitch on Comcast SportsNet... don't tell fibs here QC... just because you were watching American Idol that night... :redneck

pdimas
04-20-2007, 04:26 PM
My sis got my dad one and she got me one just showing Buerhle and the time card thing scotty was talking about. Mine mentions the no hitter but does not say I was there because alas I wasnt. My stupid body decided earlier in the day that I was going to get a stomach virus and come down with a 101 fever. I was stuck watching the past 2 nights games on the couch with my rat dog.

IlliniSox4Life
04-20-2007, 04:30 PM
I just printed off a HUGE poster of this picture:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kshanks2/Showersmall.jpg

And when I say huge, I mean it. The thing is about 28"x50"

DumpJerry
04-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Can I get one that says "I listened to Bruce Levine say on ESPNews that Buehrle just pitched a no-hitter"

:angry:
Knowing that Levine said that, I'm starting to wonder if it really happened despite the fact that I was there.:?:

The Dude
04-20-2007, 11:08 PM

explain

RowanDye
04-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know where to get the white shirt that they've showed and t.v. and such that has a pic of Buehrle and just says "No-No 4/18/07" on the front?

Hendu
04-20-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't know if I'll get one of these shirts, but I definitely need to display the ticket somewhere in my house.

BeefyD
04-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Now I'm really curious to see what the shirt looks like.... there's more than one???

MCHSoxFan
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Yes, I bought one on 4/19/07. I also paid the extra $5 to get the #56 and Buehrle on the back. It was a $27 total.

FYI: In order to get the name and the number on the back, you have to go to section 122 to the custom shirt shop.

chisoxmike
04-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I have a ticket to prove I was there, granted I haven't seen the shirts, but I don't need to spend $30 on a t-shirt that people will be wearing even though they weren't at the game.

BeefyD
04-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Very good point... Maybe I'll just frame my ticket stub with an 8x10 of Buehrle and a pic of the scoreboard I took.

QCIASOXFAN
04-21-2007, 09:50 PM
I wachted every pitch on Comcast SportsNet... don't tell fibs here QC... just because you were watching American Idol that night... :redneck
:angry: The QC Times screwed up in the sports section.:angry:

puckereduppiet
04-22-2007, 09:57 AM
I was there with my brother and two sisters. I'll be buying 4 shirts. Best game ever!!!

jenn2080
04-22-2007, 11:31 AM

??? I thought they looked actually pretty good.

Frontman
04-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, I wouldn't get one saying "I was there" but if they did a shirt without that phrase just to acknowledge Mark's accomplishment, I'd buy one. (Heck, with the custom shop, I could get one that said, "Watched all of the game, sans the two minutes that I went to get a soda and some chips from the kitchen and missed Iguchi's homer, but that really isn't the important part of the game."

Then again, that probably wouldn't fit.

GlassSox
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
My wife and I were there and I think we will get t-shirts. This is the 1st no hitter we have been to and we want some cool t-shirts.

Way to go Mark