PDA

View Full Version : Mackowiak's HR Ball

dllrbll7
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
My good friend caught Rob's HR last night in my seats and he is trying to figure out a way to get him to sign it. Does anyone know of any signings or anyone who could help him out?

Thanks
Bill

soxinem1
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I hear he is excellent for getting autograph from, just go up to him and ask next time you are at a game for BP.:smile:

INSox56
04-20-2007, 01:01 PM
What are your seats, if you don't mind my asking? It looked like it hit really close to where mine are on the weekend.

dllrbll7
04-20-2007, 01:02 PM
What are your seats, if you don't mind my asking? It looked like it hit really close to where mine are on the weekend.

I'm in 106 row 11. 19-22. They are 3 rows behind the BSB.

INSox56
04-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh ok, it looked like it was about 6 up from the BSB.

BainesHOF
04-20-2007, 01:14 PM
The Sox seldom sign after batting practice. Your best bet is to get to the park about 1 p.m. and catch him on his way into the park. Or just wait for him to make a public appearance.

skottyj242
04-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Sunday kids days.

DumpJerry
04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Call 312-674-1000. They can probably get someone who can help.

jenn2080
04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
My good friend caught Rob's HR last night in my seats and he is trying to figure out a way to get him to sign it. Does anyone know of any signings or anyone who could help him out?

Thanks
Bill

Mod edit: We don't talk about players in this manner.

dllrbll7
04-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Mod edited

Lol, that was my suggestion to him

Berkules
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Never caught a ball before but I had a dream I caught a foul last night. I hate when you get something in a dream and it's gone when you wake up :(

MarySwiss
04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I hear he is excellent for getting autograph from, just go up to him and ask next time you are at a game for BP.:smile:

Yes, he is. I got him to autograph my Dedicated To... book last year at Spring Training, and he's very pleasant. He signed for everybody in the line.

DumpJerry
04-20-2007, 06:42 PM
The Sox finish BP before the gates open. You'll need a road trip to catch him in BP and then you need to get lucky enough to get his attention.

I'm sure there is some way the team can arrange for it to be signed.........

ilsox7
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
The Sox finish BP before the gates open. You'll need a road trip to catch him in BP and then you need to get lucky enough to get his attention.

I'm sure there is some way the team can arrange for it to be signed.........

They'll make special arrangements for season ticket holders to get into the park to watch BP occasionally.

DumpJerry
04-20-2007, 06:49 PM
They'll make special arrangements for season ticket holders to get into the park to watch BP occasionally.
I'm a full season ticket holder, I'm unaware of this.

I know Scout Seat holders get all kinds of privileges that the rest of us don't get.

ilsox7
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm a full season ticket holder, I'm unaware of this.

I know Scout Seat holders get all kinds of privileges that the rest of us don't get.

Unless they stopped doing it, which is a possibility. But back in the day, you could call your Rep. and set it up with them.

DumpJerry
04-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Unless they stopped doing it, which is a possibility. But back in the day, you could call your Rep. and set it up with them.
They might have. Back in the day they had season ticket holders do BP at the season ticket holder party. Now that the number of STHs has greatly increased, they had to scale back some of the benes.

ilsox7
04-20-2007, 07:24 PM
They might have. Back in the day they had season ticket holders do BP at the season ticket holder party. Now that the number of STHs has greatly increased, they had to scale back some of the benes.

Well, this wasn't advertised or anything. I just remember my Dad called up his Rep. and asked if it'd be possible. There were only a few fans (literally a few) in the park, Pitchers were running stairs and everything.

ewokpelts
04-20-2007, 11:01 PM

Thanks
BillBill,
I recommend you contact the team. I'm sure they'd have no problem accomodating your request. And if that dosent work, I'll trade you a mack-o-whak auto ball i got on easter(with mlb holo sticker and all.)
Gene

skobabe8
04-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Bill,
I recommend you contact the team. I'm sure they'd have no problem accomodating your request. And if that dosent work, I'll trade you a mack-o-whak auto ball i got on easter(with mlb holo sticker and all.)
Gene

Thats my suggestion too. I would walk right in to the front office today and tell them the situation. Im sure they would leave the ball by Macks locker with a note or even talk to him. Best case scenario is Mack may want to even meet ya.

dllrbll7
04-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Bill,
Gene

Ya I did contact my rep but he didnt think he could do anything. My buddy was going to email brooks and some other people and see what they can do. Thanks everyone!