PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm Starting To Get Excited

ArkanSox
04-19-2007, 10:44 PM
We deal many serious arms this year.

This Sox team has some nasty, shutdown pitching that begins with all five starters and continues on, throughout a very strong bullpen.

We know that we are not the worst (like we started 'til a couple days ago) hitting team in the majors. In fact, we know that we're gonna kick some serious ash as this season progresses.

We know that our defense has the potential to be epic. BA in center.

I'm thinking the Cell's gonna be a huge benefit to our line-drive, hardball hitters, less of a hinderance to our quick, hard to dial-in hurlers.

After this team gets it together, I'm thinking it's going to be a ton of fun.

Anybody else feeling it? :)

GO SOX!!!

Murphy10
04-19-2007, 10:48 PM
definitely feeling it!

skobabe8
04-19-2007, 10:57 PM

This Sox team has some nasty, shutdown pitching that begins with all five starters and continues on, throughout a very strong bullpen.

We know that we are not the worst (like we started 'til a couple days ago) hitting team in the majors. In fact, we know that we're gonna kick some serious ash as this season progresses.

We know that our defense has the potential to be epic. BA in center.

I'm thinking the Cell's gonna be a huge benefit to our line-drive, hardball hitters, less of a hinderance to our quick, hard to dial-in hurlers.

GO SOX!!!

I love your enthusiasm. Most people live in fear around here.

ChiSox4Life
04-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I am getting really excited about this team too!!! Winning is so fun! But the offense will warm up with the weather, no doubt. And with our stellar pitching mixed with a warmed up offense this will be a very fun summer!

Frontman
04-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I've been excited, but concerned. Now, concern is beginning to dwindle, as our pitching, save a few bumps, has been great. Javy deserved the win, just couldn't get beyond that 7th inning this time.

Last night was magic, tonight was just good solid baseball. I just wish we wouldn't play Mack in the outfield as much as we do.

JB98
04-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I've been excited, but concerned. Now, concern is beginning to dwindle, as our pitching, save a few bumps, has been great. Javy deserved the win, just couldn't get beyond that 7th inning this time.

Last night was magic, tonight was just good solid baseball. I just wish we wouldn't play Mack in the outfield as much as we do.

I think people just have the yips when they think about Mack. He's not that bad as a corner outfielder. He's better than Pablo and Pods.

Most teams do not have a great defensive player in left field. Mack is very average, but he's not a total butcher.

I just want Mack and Pablo to contribute to the offense until Pods gets back. Mack helped us tonight in a big way. Sometimes, I feel I'm the only WSI poster who likes Mack and has faith in him.

mark2olson
04-19-2007, 11:30 PM

GO SOX!!!

Absolutely. The pitching is looking good, the defense is looking good, and the offense is showing some signs of life.

TomBradley72
04-19-2007, 11:31 PM
We have the 3rd best team pitching in the AL right now...could we have our 2005 pitching with our 2006 run production?

Could be a very fun season.

ArkanSox
04-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey, I'm glad to see there's some mutual, positive vibes out there.

True, Mack (or Pods) may be a defensive liability at times, but at least we know they'll be hustling. The rest of the Sox are stout (or outstanding) on defense.

Our pitching has really got me dreaming. I see the potential for dominance.

Enthusiasm? Yeah, I really do think it's warranted, scobabe8.

GO SOX!!!

kevingrt
04-19-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm mos def feeling it. It feels like September already. I cannot wait for the warm weather. Lets hope these arms keep up!

BoysMom3
04-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Definitely feeling it too!:D:

A. Cavatica
04-19-2007, 11:48 PM
I think people just have the yips when they think about Mack. He's not that bad as a corner outfielder. He's better than Pablo and Pods.

Most teams do not have a great defensive player in left field. Mack is very average, but he's not a total butcher.

I just want Mack and Pablo to contribute to the offense until Pods gets back. Mack helped us tonight in a big way. Sometimes, I feel I'm the only WSI poster who likes Mack and has faith in him.

I like Mack. He should be leading off while Pods is out, at least against RHP. I like Pablo too, but his defense in left worries more than Mack's.

Are we going to see platoons at both LF and CF for a while, or is Anderson a permanent resident of OG's doghouse?

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm feeling it too. They're starting to come through on all aspects of the game now. They needed something like last night's performance to give themselves a collective kick in the ass. Hopefully it continues at Comerica Park this weekend.

WhiteSox5187
04-19-2007, 11:56 PM
The name of the game is pitching and we're doing a good job pitching. The only negative I have to say about our bullpen thus far is that Sisquo hasn't shown me anything yet. We're starting to hit which is good. The only thing I can say about this team that is some what negative overall is that I'd like to see us manufacture more runs. But I'm getting excited too. Let's go to Detroit and win there.

itsnotrequired
04-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Most people live in fear around here.

I live in a house.

:redneck

JB98
04-20-2007, 12:14 AM
I like Mack. He should be leading off while Pods is out, at least against RHP. I like Pablo too, but his defense in left worries more than Mack's.

Are we going to see platoons at both LF and CF for a while, or is Anderson a permanent resident of OG's doghouse?

I think we'll see BA against left-handed pitching, and as a late-inning defensive replacement until Pods returns.

CLR01
04-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Simple question

PeteWard
04-20-2007, 12:34 AM
I think PK slumps for 3 or 4 more games and then...

look out. Crede, AJ and JD already busting out and I look for a 3-2 road trip. MB's thing yesterday really has Sox fans jazzed and I think the next homestand will be the start of a very very hot run.

:bandance:

hawkjt
04-20-2007, 12:49 AM
OK, now the tigers. we miss bonderman for both series which is nice, I think he is their best right now. Verlander and robertson, I think we can get; ledezma is another guy we will probably see- he can be tough on the sox.

Hope the warm weather makes it to detroit this weekend like it is for chicago. I really think a solid week of warm weather will help our offense which is already coming out of it.

Javvy looks very solid so far- that is huge. I was very concerned about the pitching but the starters have really eased my concern. bobby is back up to 95 and looked decent considering the teacup of a strike zone in the 9th. I thought hawk would explode on that pitch against the last batter that was called a ball.

Why did tim kurtchen just say again that mark buehrle did not break 90 mph in his no-no? I saw the radar at 91 several times and 92 at least once.

ThomesHomie
04-20-2007, 01:01 AM
I was very concerned about the pitching but the starters have really eased my concern.

Same here to a point, we can still blow up, don't forget last year.

This next series is big

Frater Perdurabo
04-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Sometimes, I feel I'm the only WSI poster who likes Mack and has faith in him.

Wrong. I too like Mack's bat. He won't hurt the Sox playing left field. I just don't want him in center.

soxinem1
04-20-2007, 01:49 PM
It's slowly loking better, but I'd rather see them win some games where they can score runs by stringing together base hits. We are dead last in 2B's, our extra base hitting is very low, and its taken three hits to score a run too many times.

We have scored two runs this week without the benefit of the HR. I don't want to be a dark cloud, but the feast/famine offense does not help in the long run, and it will take more than a two game winning streak to correct it.

But the pitching has been very effective. Even the 8-1 loss against TEX was not all bad, as most of them were scored late.

Defense has been good and fair. Not many errors, but not many Dp's turned either. But one big plus is that we have not been run on at random so far. Freddy being gone definitely helps.

If that holds up and we start stringing some good hitting streaks, I will be more convinced.

INSox56
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
We have the 3rd best team pitching in the AL right now...could we have our 2005 pitching with our 2006 run production?

Could be a very fun season.would be even better if we thew out Jose's first "start" if you could even call it that.

UserNameBlank
04-20-2007, 02:54 PM
I live in a house.

:redneck
Is your house scary? Like haunted or something?

SBSoxFan
04-20-2007, 03:36 PM
It's slowly loking better, but I'd rather see them win some games where they can score runs by stringing together base hits. We are dead last in 2B's, our extra base hitting is very low, and its taken three hits to score a run too many times.

We have scored two runs this week without the benefit of the HR. I don't want to be a dark cloud, but the feast/famine offense does not help in the long run, and it will take more than a two game winning streak to correct it.

But the pitching has been very effective. Even the 8-1 loss against TEX was not all bad, as most of them were scored late.

Defense has been good and fair. Not many errors, but not many Dp's turned either. But one big plus is that we have not been run on at random so far. Freddy being gone definitely helps.

If that holds up and we start stringing some good hitting streaks, I will be more convinced.

It's tough to turn many double plays when there's not a lot of people on base. What I hate seeing is the opposition scoring 2 runs on 1 hit, 4 runs on 5 hits, etc.

my5thbench
04-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I am enthusiastic as well....I think that Mackowiack is a fine corner outfielder he just can't handle center

I'm just hoping the starting pitching can keep it up....we all know that the
bats will come alive

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MCHSoxFan
04-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I think this will be a very good year. If we keep up the good pitching (Starters and the bullpen), do not make errors, and make runs. I think the offense will mos def will start have clutch at-bats. Just look at 4/19 and 4/20.

MCHSoxFan
04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
The name of the game is pitching and we're doing a good job pitching. The only negative I have to say about our bullpen thus far is that Sisquo hasn't shown me anything yet. We're starting to hit which is good. The only thing I can say about this team that is some what negative overall is that I'd like to see us manufacture more runs. But I'm getting excited too. Let's go to Detroit and win there.

YEEESSSSS!!!! :D: :D: :D:

I 100% agree with you.

Frontman
04-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I have so much become a David Aaaaaaaaaaardsma fan. All this guy does is pitch, gets K's, and wins. Plus, we've had some great pitching this past week, (sans Jose's first inning today) but as Ozzie said,

"Fun is winning, Winning is Fun(g)!" :D:

MarySwiss
04-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Wrong. I too like Mack's bat. He won't hurt the Sox playing left field. I just don't want him in center.
I also like Mack. Having him on the bench is another guy who can hit for power, plus he can play a number of positions. Obviously, CF isn't one.

tick53
04-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'm getting excited for sure. BTW Cool Screen Name.:cool:

Ziggy S
04-21-2007, 08:28 PM
If these guys can keep getting people out after the opposing scouts do their homework, this could be a pen that rivals the Angels of 2002 and we might end up having the best pitching staff top to bottom in the divsio, at least.

chisox77
04-21-2007, 08:56 PM
I like this team. They seem to have that hunger again.

:cool:

skobabe8
04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm not gonna get too up or too down about anything in April. That being said, I'm pleased. :smile:

Frontman
04-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm not gonna get too up or too down about anything in April. That being said, I'm pleased. :smile:

Oh I totally agree. I don't think smart Sox fans are about to say "World Series, here we come" with less than 20 games into the season. But you can be excited about having fun with good baseball (and even not so good, but we *ahem* grind out a win.)

IronFisk
04-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm definitely feeling it - but it has more to do with all that birthday cake I consumed earlier today.

ArkanSox
04-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm definitely feeling it - but it has more to do with all that birthday cake I consumed earlier today.
Ha, :happybday

Let's celebrate by sweeping the Tigers.

Thanks, tick53.

GO SOX!!!

Jurr
04-22-2007, 12:58 PM
If the Sox can keep up the routine of "get the lead somewhere after the 6th and it's over", we're going to be doing a lot of this :bandance: .

It's peanut butter jelly time.

GlassSox
04-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm encouraged. It's good to see solid baseball again. Pitching is improved and I hope it continues.

Looks like a good year for the SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

puckereduppiet
04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Go Mack!!

Fuller_Schettman
04-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I love your enthusiasm. Most people live in fear around here.

I know and it sucks. My philosophy is that the Sox won a championship in 2005, so anything else is pure gravy. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I will say that in 2005 I predicted (half-jokingly) the Sox would win titles in 4 of the next 6 years. So that means we have 3 of the next 4! :cool:

voodoochile
04-23-2007, 07:17 PM
I know and it sucks. My philosophy is that the Sox won a championship in 2005, so anything else is pure gravy. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I will say that in 2005 I predicted (half-jokingly) the Sox would win titles in 4 of the next 6 years. So that means we have 3 of the next 4! :cool:

I bet some friends in 2001 that the Sox would win a WS title before 2006 was over. I gave them 3-1 odds. I'm $200 richer...

MCHSoxFan
04-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh I totally agree. I don't think smart Sox fans are about to say "World Series, here we come" with less than 20 games into the season. But you can be excited about having fun with good baseball (and even not so good, but we *ahem* grind out a win.)

YEEESSS!!! I am happy about the team, but since it is early, ANYTHING can happen.