PDA

View Full Version : ATH on Buehrle's no-hitter, no surprises here.

JermaineDye05
04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Mariotti: "I have no doubt they're going to hit in the middle of the order..they have a good order, but they have rotation issues"

J.A. Adande: "Most overrated statistic in baseball is the no-hitter."

Jim Armstrong: "Kenny Williams has an agenda, he's not going to pay for big time number 1 and number 2 starters. He's going to get as many quality number 3 and number 4 starters, I think they have major issues with their rotation. They have a good lineup but it's all about pitching and the White Sox don't have it."

Kevin Blackinstone: "The no-hitter will be forgotten in a couple of months it won't mean a thing in a couple months. Buehrle's going to be gone after this year, going to St. Louis"

Mariotti agrees with Blackinstone saying Buehrle's heading to St. Louis

another dumb quote from Mariotti

"The GM hasn't made any good moves since the WS window was shut."

I seriously wonder if any of these guys pay attention to the game. The rotation has been solid for the last week or 2. If this was Carl Pavano or Daisuke throwing the no-hitter I can just see them praising the team saying they'll win the WS.

Palehose Pete
04-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Water cooler morons. We're all dumber for having read those quotes.

04-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Why watch?

JermaineDye05
04-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Why watch?

waiting for PTI to come on, the show that actually has smart analysts.

Navarro's Talent
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm glad I missed it. I unfortunately saw Chip Clueless rank Mark's no-hitter a "3-out-of-10" on First and Ten. What a waste of space that guy is.

I also wonder if these guys actually pay attention to the game. The pitching staff has responded well after the first two games of the season, so it's obvious that these guys haven't been doing thier homework.

jenn2080
04-19-2007, 05:57 PM
2 words. **** THEM!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They clearly do not watch the game often.

WizardsofOzzie
04-19-2007, 06:06 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5776/e3svwsfsei3.jpg

Does it look like he cares? :D:

AnkleSox
04-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Seriously, **** those guys. And **** their network. None of those morons would have jobs if it wasn't for the people that actually play the damn sport.

HomeFish
04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Jim Armstrong: "Kenny Williams has an agenda, he's not going to pay for big time number 1 and number 2 starters. He's going to get as many quality number 3 and number 4 starters, I think they have major issues with their rotation. They have a good lineup but it's all about pitching and the White Sox don't have it."

This is hilarious, because it is literally is the exact opposite of true. Our lineup is sucking hard and our pitchers are playing well. This guy has so obviously not seen the Sox play once this year.

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-19-2007, 06:35 PM
The media's job is to stir controversy and it works. We watch because we enjoy watching sports even in the middle of the afternoon.

oeo
04-19-2007, 06:39 PM
-Apparently the Sox have too many holes. :?:
-Would it hurt any to at least look at some statistics before you say the Sox have no pitching?
-You could tell Mariotti was bull****ting...he didn't even know what to say.

UserNameBlank
04-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Seriously, **** those guys. And **** their network. None of those morons would have jobs if it wasn't for the people that actually play the damn sport.
The only reason these people have jobs is because ESPN would rather stir up controversy than actually analyze something. There is a reason ESPN gives a fat paycheck to some douche like Stephen A. Smith instead of Steve Stone. There is a reason Mariotti is on their network when no professional sports player likes him and neither does anyone else in the media. In any other profession, if you piss off everyone you come in contact with you get fired, not a raise.

ESPN represents everything that is wrong with the sports media.

ShoelessJoeS
04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
That is highly disappointing. **** them all.

FarWestChicago
04-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Please keep the ESPN the Tabloid trash where it belongs. Thank you.

thomas35forever
04-19-2007, 07:38 PM
What idiots. They clearly don't know enough about the team to make decent predictions for the rest of the year.

bigfoot
04-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Don 't you guys know that the Yankees/Red Sox series this weekend is the only thing worth talking about?!?!?!

:dtroll:

SoxandtheCityTee
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
-You could tell Mariotti was bull****ting...he didn't even know what to say.

You always can and he rarely does. Apparently this is one of the reasons why he's so widely hated even (or especially) within his own profession.

How many quality starts in the last week, jackass Jay? He has no idea.

MarySwiss
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Did any of you guys see that column from the new ombudsman. (Actually, ombudsperson; he's a she.)

My jaw dropped more than once while reading this. IMO, she neatly skewers some of our favorite targets and gives credit when it is due. Which probably means she is doomed at that hellhole.

At last! Something on ESPN worth reading! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=schreiber_leanne&id=2834650)

kobo
04-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Did any of you guys see that column from the new ombudsman. (Actually, ombudsperson; he's a she.)

My jaw dropped more than once while reading this. IMO, she neatly skewers some of our favorite targets and gives credit when it is due. Which probably means she is doomed at that hellhole.

At last! Something on ESPN worth reading! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=schreiber_leanne&id=2834650)
I love this quote:
None of the yellers sounds to me as if he is reacting authentically to something he cares about.
So true.

MarySwiss
04-19-2007, 09:35 PM

I love this quote:

So true.

Yep. This was the most intelligent column I've read on ESPN.com since...well, since forever!

JermaineDye05
04-19-2007, 10:08 PM

I can honestly say that was a great article, coming out of ESPN that's pretty amazing.

mshake10
04-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Adande is right. No-hitters are overrated. There were several great plays that the defense made, but if those balls got through, they would have been hits. Does that make Buehrle's outing any worse? No.

Batting and pitching lines are so misleading in relation to a player's actual performance.

Also, did anyone watch PTI? From what I recall, they weren't exactly saying "White Sox all the way in 07."

WizardsofOzzie
04-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Adande is right. No-hitters are overrated. There were several great plays that the defense made, but if those balls got through, they would have been hits. Does that make Buehrle's outing any worse? No.

Batting and pitching lines are so misleading in relation to a player's actual performance.

Also, did anyone watch PTI? From what I recall, they weren't exactly saying "White Sox all the way in 07."
But 20 K games are the things of legends right Mshake? :rolleyes: I also believe everyone with a microphone and a camera in their face was saying the Sox didn't have a chance in 05....you do remember how that turned out don't you, or are you still blocking it out of your mind?

VenturaFan23
04-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Water cooler morons. We're all dumber for having read those quotes.

My sentiments exactly. May God have mercy on our souls! I'm gonna go bounce a ball now......

chisoxmike
04-19-2007, 11:05 PM

**** off you piece.

WizardsofOzzie
04-19-2007, 11:09 PM
**** off you piece.
That sums it up well. We should cut him some slack. Things in Cubbieville are already looking bleak

FarWestChicago
04-19-2007, 11:11 PM

Also, did anyone watch PTI? From what I recall, they weren't exactly saying "White Sox all the way in 07."Are you trolling? Are you insane? Take a break.

chisoxmike
04-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Are you trolling? Are you insane? Take a break.

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Frontman
04-19-2007, 11:22 PM
With Marriotti, who gives a flyin' fatuesse what the nimrod has to say?

And with ATH, they're going to get all worked up about what they want to.

No hitters are a neat moment in sports. It also was Mark's first win of the season, and really rallied the team together. I saw a much better club tonight than I had in previous evenings, and I take that as a good sign.

PTI is the show to watch, even though its usually a Yanks/Sawks lovefest there as well.

I did have to laugh about how last night's game rubs Flubbie fans the wrong way.

1. The Cubs haven't had a no-no since '74.
2. Mike Murphy had to sacrifice time off of his show for the replay of the 9th.

Ah, there IS justice in the world.

:D:

WizardsofOzzie
04-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Are you trolling? Are you insane? Take a break.
OH MY GOD, THIS DAY JUST GOT BETTER 10X OVER....NO MORE MSHAKE10!!! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

itsnotrequired
04-20-2007, 12:21 AM
**** off you piece.

"you piece"...I love it.:D:

jenn2080
04-20-2007, 10:57 AM

Try having the Cubs win a couple games first. I like how the Cubs fans are saying get over it. The nohitter is not that big of a deal. Jesus, if Big Z had a no hitter they would have a ****ing parade downtown. Cubs fans make me laugh. :dumbpeople:

Iwritecode
04-20-2007, 11:04 AM
.211 BAA = 2nd in AL
3.64 ERA = 3rd in AL
1.18 WHIP = 3rd in MLB

That even includes those first 2 terrible starts of the season.

Yea, our pitching really sucks... :rolleyes:

Dan Mega
04-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Adande is right. No-hitters are overrated.

Everything is fluky, overrated, or not important to mshake unless a Cubs player does it.
:dtroll:

Railsplitter
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: ESPN = Employs Stupid People Network.

I'm surprised nobody else noticed or mentioned this about Wednesday night. The bottom of the screen scrolls mentioned the the three Sox homers before Mark's no hitter.

AZChiSoxFan
04-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Yea, you're right. Buehrle actually pitched horribly on Thur night.

Get lost, tool.

AZChiSoxFan
04-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Cubs fans make me laugh.

I'm glad they only make you laugh.

they make me:

:chunks

rowand33
04-20-2007, 12:28 PM
It's funny that in 05 it was they called it the best rotation in baseball and going into 06 it was dubbed maybe the best rotation ever, and now we have pitching issues...

idiots.

Risk
04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I have a simple request to mshake--please stop breathing and wasting the Earth's precious oxygen.

Risk

jdm2662
04-20-2007, 12:40 PM

I just love jealous and bitter fans. Yeah, no hitters are overrated, that's why they happen maybe once a season, if we are lucky.

By the way, Zambrano predicted Cy Young this season. How's that going so far??

Boondock Saint
04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I just love jealous and bitter fans. Yeah, no hitters are overrated, that's why they happen maybe once a season, if we are lucky.

By the way, Zambrano predicted Cy Young this season. How's that going so far??

http://carlos-zambrano-news.newslib.com/img/logo/6875.jpg

"It's all the bullpen's fault. That's what Carlos Zambrano think."

BlackAndWhite
04-20-2007, 12:57 PM

That may be the BEST sports article in the history of TIME! And if you don't think so, you are a complete idiot!

:redneck