PDA

View Full Version : Farmio - class act

bryPt
04-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Ed Farmer just said on the score that he gave Ozzie and MB the VT hats. He and Chris were wearing them during the game. It is great to see all the class acts this team has. From top to bottom, I think the Sox are one of the classiest professional teams in all of sports.

:gulp:

Britt Burns
04-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Farmer had Dye's slam pegged on the radio also last night, have to give him props for that. He repeatedly said something like 'this is where Dye will foul of a bunch of pitches before getting something to drive.' Sure enough...slam!

CLR01
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Farmer had Dye's slam pegged on the radio also last night, have to give him props for that. He repeatedly said something like 'this is where Dye will foul of a bunch of pitches before getting something to drive.' Sure enough...slam!

Does Farmer ever not call a HR when a Sox player is batting?

The Immigrant
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM

:farmer

"A bloop and a slam and we'll have ourselves a tied ballgame."

EastCoastSoxFan
04-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Does Farmer ever not call a HR when a Sox player is batting?We'll have to ask KingXerxes...

bryPt
04-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Score is going to replay the 9th inning at 1 PM today, during Murph's show (unfortunately). Can't wait to hear it!

Frontman
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Ed might be off at times, but it sounds like he was on last night.

jenn2080
04-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Ed Farmer just said on the score that he gave Ozzie and MB the VT hats. He and Chris were wearing them during the game. It is great to see all the class acts this team has. From top to bottom, I think the Sox are one of the classiest professional teams in all of sports.

Didn't the Nationals all play with V tech hats on the other day? I agree it is classy and awesome, but lets give credit to other teams for doing the exact same thing.

OzzieBall
04-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Farmer did a very nice job of letting listeners realize what was happening. He kept saying the box score for the Sox, and then, "And the Rangers have two errors, and that is it".

Hard to not "jinx" and yet still get the job done.

Hokiesox
04-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Didn't the Nationals all play with V tech hats on the other day? I agree it is classy and awesome, but lets give credit to other teams for doing the exact same thing.

The nats played Tuesday's game in VT hats. I had a ticket to the game but couldn't go. I watched at home in near tears when I saw they had em on. Very touching. I was proud to see Buehrle wearing one too. I've had to stretch my old grungy one out and it's replaced my Sox hat for the time being.

soxfan13
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM

I was watching at home doing the Farmer in my head "If he hits one here, it will be his third of the year and a White Sox grannie":smile:

CLR01
04-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Jinxes only exist on the Northside and in Boston. Ask Mark:

Better get the champagne ready. I have a no hitter going.

Phil Bradley
04-19-2007, 01:37 PM

I agree that that was very nice of Ed to do but I got the impression from him that he was looking for credit. Singleton didn't point out Ed's hat. Ed pointed out Ed's hat. "You see my hat Chris? Look what I did! I'll say this about my hat, its a Virginia Tech hat with the Chicago maroon and the orange VT logo outlined in black. Hang a star on me for this one"

soxfan13
04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Jinxes only exist on the Northside and in Boston. Ask Mark:

No No last year I got verbally abused for jinxing Vazquez's no hitter on this site:D:

itsnotrequired
04-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Sometimes he calls home runs for players that aren't even batting.

"If Iguchi and Thome can get aboard, Konerko can get a homer and tie the game. Then a Dye homer will give them the lead. And Crede steps to the plate..."

SBSoxFan
04-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Ed did an excellent call of the ninth last night. Too bad it took a no hitter to get him so excited!

All in all, I think the coverage has been great. This morning on the score, I heard a montage of the ninth inning with TV and radio calls merged together which was very cool. Also, mlb.com has about a 3-1/2 minute video of all 27 outs with Hawk/DJ's calls.

Of course, it only took Phil Rogers about an hour after the game to state that with " A no-hitter under belt, ace lefty likely headed elsewhere and Sox will rue not signing him". :rolleyes:

Frontman
04-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Ed did an excellent call of the ninth last night. Too bad it took a no hitter to get him so excited!

All in all, I think the coverage has been great. This morning on the score, I heard a montage of the ninth inning with TV and radio calls merged together which was very cool. Also, mlb.com has about a 3-1/2 minute video of all 27 outs with Hawk/DJ's calls.

Of course, it only took Phil Rogers about an hour after the game to state that with " A no-hitter under belt, ace lefty likely headed elsewhere and Sox will rue not signing him". :rolleyes:

You know, I was thinking the same thing. The stakes need to be there for Ed to be at his best. His calls in 2005 were incredible, and for the life of me couldn't figure out how he went downhill so quickly.

Whitesox029
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Farmer did a very nice job of letting listeners realize what was happening. He kept saying the box score for the Sox, and then, "And the Rangers have two errors, and that is it".

Yeah, clearly Hawk and DJ aren't very superstitious because DJ kept saying "he's faced the minimum" after every inning, and Hawk said "15 no-hitters in team history" explicitly complete with a graphic on the screen as he started the ninth.

Steelrod
04-20-2007, 09:03 AM
You know, I was thinking the same thing. The stakes need to be there for Ed to be at his best. His calls in 2005 were incredible, and for the life of me couldn't figure out how he went downhill so quickly.
Going uphill is 2005 was more incredible!

wdelaney72
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Because in 2005, he had John Rooney doing most of the PBP and Farmio was sitting in the analyst chair... where he belongs.

SoxShirt
04-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Yesterday when Mackowiak was up, he said, "He might as well hit a homer here..."

Ha. Oh Ed Farmer, you're my hero.

Frontman
04-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Because in 2005, he had John Rooney doing most of the PBP and Farmio was sitting in the analyst chair... where he belongs.

But many of the "key" moments of the post season was when Ed was on the PBP call. (Joe's incredible stops at third, Paulie's slam) That's why I get disappointed when he's off, which has been happening more and more.