PDA

View Full Version : Championship flag/banners from the parade

CRAW
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I've searched the forums with no luck, and I distinctly remember a thread discussing what Chicago did with those (mostly) black banners that were hanging on the light poles during the championship parade. Seems like the auctioned them off, but I can't remember.

Also does anyone have a good photo of one of these? Thanks!

EDIT: I'm basically looking for a good photo of one, what they went for, and possibly that past thread in general. :)

soxfan13
04-19-2007, 12:04 PM
They were auctioned off:smile:

Beer Can Chicken
04-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I have a minature one. It's about 20' x 45'. It looks identical the ones that were hung off the poles but in a much more manageable size. I can take a picture and send it to you when I get home.

CRAW
04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I have a minature one. It's about 20' x 45'. It looks identical the ones that were hung off the poles but in a much more manageable size. I can take a picture and send it to you when I get home.

More manageable? I hope you mean 20" x 45" :wink:

Yes, if you could please do that, I'd appreciate it.

Beer Can Chicken
04-19-2007, 12:48 PM
More manageable? I hope you mean 20" x 45" :wink:

Yes, if you could please do that, I'd appreciate it.

Yes, that what I meant. Beer Can Chicken gets confused easily. :D:

ozzman
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/49351634_014cd7dc5e.jpg
This is the best one that I could find in my pics. Sorry for the glare at the top.

chisox77
04-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Those banners do look sweet!

:cool:

Ragator43
04-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I've searched the forums with no luck, and I distinctly remember a thread discussing what Chicago did with those (mostly) black banners that were hanging on the light poles during the championship parade. Seems like the auctioned them off, but I can't remember.

Also does anyone have a good photo of one of these? Thanks!

EDIT: I'm basically looking for a good photo of one, what they went for, and possibly that past thread in general. :)

They did auction them off, but not all of them. There was an article in the Sun-Times a few months ago saying that more were auctioned off in Fall of 06 where they went for a few hundred dollars.