PDA

View Full Version : Vote Now

Bucky F. Dent
04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
White Sox fans, get yourself to front page of ESPN.COM and vote for Buerhle's no-hitter as the MLB story of the month. He's in second now behind (of course) A-Rod's hot start.

Unseat the East Coast Prima Donna and put Mark at the top of the list!

Boondock Saint
04-19-2007, 08:57 AM
I don't mean to be a downer, as Mark's game was phenomenal, but I'd vote for Rodriguez, too. He's having one of the hottest starts to a season in history. But since I can't vote for Burly in good conscience, I'm not voting at all.

SoxFan78
04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
I don't mean to be a downer, as Mark's game was phenomenal, but I'd vote for Rodriguez, too. He's having one of the hottest starts to a season in history. But since I can't vote for Burly in good conscience, I'm not voting at all.

WHAT?? Are you kidding me? A no-hitter taking a back seat to a hot start by ARod??? Please say that was supposed to be in teal.

Boondock Saint
04-19-2007, 09:13 AM
WHAT?? Are you kidding me? A no-hitter taking a back seat to a hot start by ARod??? Please say that was supposed to be in teal.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from him. But there's still a week and a half left in the month, and Rodriguez has something like 9hr's and 25RBI. That's a damned-near historic start.

minutia
04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
White Sox fans, get yourself to front page of ESPN.COM and vote for Buerhle's no-hitter as the MLB story of the month. He's in second now behind (of course) A-Rod's hot start.

Unseat the East Coast Prima Donna and put Mark at the top of the list!
Is there a link for where to go vote? I can't seem to find it.

soxinem1
04-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Again, I'm not taking anything away from him. But there's still a week and a half left in the month, and Rodriguez has something like 9hr's and 25RBI. That's a damned-near historic start.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Position players exploits are easier to pick because they play every day.

So to solve this problem, all MB has to do is pull a John Vandermeer!

Boondock Saint
04-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately I have to agree. Position players exploits are easier to pick because they play every day.

If that happens, he gets my story of the year/decade/century vote.

BRDSR
04-19-2007, 12:29 PM

What about a Vazquez no-hitter tonight? Would that be the story of the month?

Frontman
04-19-2007, 01:11 PM
It's also a case of a one night performance versus great performances all month. Hence, why batting always gets more attention than pitching. A-rod being A-rod has nothing to do with it being a bigger story.