PDA

View Full Version : ****ing Bruce Levine

lakeviewsoxfan
04-18-2007, 10:36 PM
All he can come up with for both Ozzie and MB is contract BS, what an ass hat. Also ESPN great coverage of a no hitter I am sure if this was a Yankees or Red Sox game they would have been all over it but I guess Boxing takes precendence over a no hitter, *****.

whitesoxwilkes
04-18-2007, 10:49 PM
All he can come up with for both Ozzie and MB is contract BS, what an ass hat. Also ESPN great coverage of a no hitter I am sure if this was a Yankees or Red Sox game they would have been all over it but I guess Boxing takes precendence over a no hitter, *****.

In ESPN's defense, they did break into the NBA postgame show to show a replay of the last out.

chaerulez
04-18-2007, 10:53 PM

I'm not sure what boxing you are talking about but I see a Hornets vs. Clippers game. ESPN did mention it. They can't stop showing the NBA game because of this.

lakeviewsoxfan
04-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure what boxing you are talking about but I see a Hornets vs. Clippers game. ESPN did mention it. They can't stop showing the NBA game because of this.

ESPN2 had the boxing on.

Jurr
04-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Levine could screw up boiling an egg.

dakuda
04-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Levine could screw up boiling an egg.

My girlfriend screwed up boiling an egg. What are you trying to imply about her? :mad:

:cool:

bigfoot
04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
My girlfriend screwed up boiling an egg. What are you trying to imply about her? :mad:

:cool:

What are you implying about BL?:bandance:

jdm2662
04-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Bruce Levine is a Cubbie loving tool. **** him.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Mark said it best -

"You had to go there, didn't you Bruce...."

**** Bruce Levine. All he wants to do is stir up ****. **** him and pull his ****ing press pass. We don't need his useless ass at the Cell.

Juice16
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Last night on Baseball Tonight they talked about the no hitter as if some piece of crap through it. They made it sound like MB has not been good in years and he was the last person you'd expect to pitch like this. Nevermind he has come close twice before and was an all star last year. He had bad( i know, really bad) 3 months in his MLB career and this how is already viewed. To his credit , Fernando Vina did sell MB to the audience.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-19-2007, 07:34 AM
It was the lead story on M&M this morning, and Golic made several comments about how he was one walk away from the perfect game (****ing Sosa!!!), but they both were dutifully impressed with Mark's pitch count, minimum # of batters and the speed of the game.

DumpJerry
04-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Last night on Baseball Tonight they talked about the no hitter as if some piece of crap through it. They made it sound like MB has not been good in years and he was the last person you'd expect to pitch like this. Nevermind he has come close twice before and was an all star last year. He had bad( i know, really bad) 3 months in his MLB career and this how is already viewed. To his credit , Fernando Vina did sell MB to the audience.
Sure enough! Vina showed the respect, but the other two tools made it sound like Burls and Co. got a win despite their utter lack of baseball skills, not to mention a no-no.

UserNameBlank
04-19-2007, 08:25 AM
It was the lead story on M&M this morning, and Golic made several comments about how he was one walk away from the perfect game (****ing Sosa!!!), but they both were dutifully impressed with Mark's pitch count, minimum # of batters and the speed of the game.
It seemed like 65-70% of the game was Texas pitchers standing around on the mound between pitches. Imagine how quick that game would have been against a pitcher who gets it and throws it. ESPN IIRC said it was already the quickest no-no since 1988.

UserNameBlank
04-19-2007, 08:29 AM
That was BS. They kept saying how good Mark was "a few years ago." Mark was great until the start before the AS Break last year. If Mark played on the Yankees or Red Sox people would be calling him the next Greg Maddux or Tom Glavine and a sure-fire bet for 300 wins in the future. On the Sox he's just some guy. They didn't even bring up 2005 when he pitched that complete game in the ALCS.

Juice16
04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
That was BS. They kept saying how good Mark was "a few years ago." Mark was great until the start before the AS Break last year. If Mark played on the Yankees or Red Sox people would be calling him the next Greg Maddux or Tom Glavine and a sure-fire bet for 300 wins in the future. On the Sox he's just some guy. They didn't even bring up 2005 when he pitched that complete game in the ALCS.

Or the fact that he started the All Star Game.

Standing Ovation
04-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Are you guys ever happy? I mean seriously, you guys could ****ing win the lottery, then bitch about that taxes you have to pay. I'm not aware of the Bruce Levine stuff, but the National ESPN coverage was great IMO (lead story, had the Comcast interview, almost an inning by inning break down, played Hawk's call several times). Gosh forbid they talked about MB's less than stellar year in '06. BBTN's VIna talked about how a team can really rally around something like this, and how MB is a defender's dream (quick worker). What more are you looking for?

jenn2080
04-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Are you guys ever happy? I mean seriously, you guys could ****ing win the lottery, then bitch about that taxes you have to pay. I'm not aware of the Bruce Levine stuff, but the National ESPN coverage was great IMO (lead story, had the Comcast interview, almost an inning by inning break down, played Hawk's call several times). Gosh forbid they talked about MB's less than stellar year in '06. BBTN's VIna talked about how a team can really rally around something like this, and how MB is a defender's dream (quick worker). What more are you looking for?

I am going to have to agree with you. **** the media. I think we determined they suck numerous times. I woke up pretty much as happy as I did the day after they won the World Series. Being there I am sure helped that feeling a lot. **** the media. We know how great it is. **** the rest of them.

kobo
04-19-2007, 11:23 AM
They mentioned he had a bad year last year, and well, he did have a bad year last year. Nothing wrong with that, especially since heading into this season we as fans didn't know if he was going to bounce back or not from what happened last year. What the hell does 2005 have anything to do with what he did last night? What, you want them to say, "besides his no hitter last night, he also threw a complete game in Game 2 of the ALCS in 2005"?

Dan Mega
04-19-2007, 11:25 AM

Lets see...winning the lottery and bashing the media in its unfair coverage. Yup, you're right, we'll never be happy. :rolleyes:

04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Don't let any media crap take anything away from enjoying the moment as a White Sox fan.

Outside the Lines on ESPN is doing something on no-hitters at 3:00pm EST today. I'm sure its not going to be focused entirely on Mark.

Juice16
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Don't let any media crap take anything away from enjoying the moment as a White Sox fan.

Outside the Lines on ESPN is doing something on no-hitters at 3:00pm EST today. I'm sure its not going to be focused entirely on Mark.

The media hasn't ruined my mood at all about Mark. I'm as excited still as last night. I'm just aggrivated at the way they portrayed MB, like this is out of the blue. Mark has come close to a no hitter 2 other times and has been one of the best left handed pitches in baseball during his career. He had a bad 3 months ( I don't generalize in saying a bad 2006) and ESPN seems to forget how good he has been.

Uncle_Patrick
04-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't have a problem with the media's coverage. I missed the beginning of BBTN, but I saw Sportscenter and they seemed pretty complimentary.

Bruce Levine's question isn't really unexpected. If he didn't ask it, someone else probably would have. I still remember Levine as the guy who, last year, stubbornly insisted that AJ threw an elbow into Barrett to start last year's Cubs-Sox brawl, though, so he's still a douche.

INSox56
04-19-2007, 12:48 PM
It seemed like 65-70% of the game was Texas pitchers standing around on the mound between pitches. Imagine how quick that game would have been against a pitcher who gets it and throws it. ESPN IIRC said it was already the quickest no-no since 1988.

LOL the 8th was WAY longer than it needed to be. Gagne seemed like 10 minutes between pitches. Anderson's AB seemed like it took just a little while.

Dick Allen
04-19-2007, 01:01 PM
ESPN News provided more than adequate coverage of the no-hitter. As far as other outlets, I wouldn't know.

Juice16
04-19-2007, 01:17 PM
ESPN News provided more than adequate coverage of the no-hitter. As far as other outlets, I wouldn't know.

I don't think anybody is debating the amount of coverage ESPN gave the no hitter. It was plenty, I just brought up how they talked about MB as if he was a has been. This is how the BBTN crew portrayed him, with the exception of Vina.

White_Sock
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Or the fact that he started the All Star Game.

And won that all-star game, thereby earning for his team home field advantage in the World Series.

skottyj242
04-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Sure enough! Vina showed the respect, but the other two tools made it sound like Burls and Co. got a win despite their utter lack of baseball skills, not to mention a no-no.

No they didn't. I've watched it three times this morning and they gave him mad respect. All they were talking about was Buehrle is a hittable pitcher, not that he's not good but that he let's them hit the ball and he trusts his guys behind him. Buehrle isn't exactly the stereotypical no-hitter type pitcher, he didn't throw one pitch over 90 last night. He also has a caree 1.253 WHIP. Not exactly overpowering stuff. Last night was incredible just enjoy it and don't let some mediots take anything away from it.

rocky biddle
04-19-2007, 04:45 PM
If you guys really want to be infuriated, watch Skip Clueless' comments on Cold Pizza this morning. He pretty much said everything you guys are insinuating. Thank God nobody watches that show.

Rockman218
04-20-2007, 03:19 PM
AFter the no no, i got my blank tape and started taping all the media coverage i could. The basketball game was on ESPN, but they had Wednesday Night Boxing on ESPN 2. What the topic creator is trying to say is, "It would've been nice if they cut away from boxing to get better coverage of the NO HITTER." I agree too. If it WAS a Red Sock or a Yankee, ESPN would've cut into every channel they have, to make sure everyone saw how great the Red Sox or the Yankees are. ESPN IS on the east coast after all.

www.sportsargumentwiki.com (http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com) This is a great sports website. type ESPN, and it'll share some funny thoughts.

UserNameBlank
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
They mentioned he had a bad year last year, and well, he did have a bad year last year. Nothing wrong with that, especially since heading into this season we as fans didn't know if he was going to bounce back or not from what happened last year. What the hell does 2005 have anything to do with what he did last night? What, you want them to say, "besides his no hitter last night, he also threw a complete game in Game 2 of the ALCS in 2005"?
They kept saying "a few years." My point is Mark had one terrible second half last year, and that is all. He was selected to the AS Game in '05 and '06, pitched a complete game in the ALCS in '05, and recorded a save in the WS of '05. It's not like he's been underachieving for "a few years."

And yes, if a sports analyst is talking about the last few years of Mark's career he should mention those accomplishments. Wouldn't it be his job to actually check the facts before making Buehrle out to be something that he is not? I'm sure over at ESPN studios somewhere there is an internet connection. All he had to do was go to whitesox.com, check Mark's stats, and then speak. How long would that take? Two minutes tops?

SBSoxFan
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
They kept saying "a few years." My point is Mark had one terrible second half last year, and that is all. He was selected to the AS Game in '05 and '06, pitched a complete game in the ALCS in '05, and recorded a save in the WS of '05. It's not like he's been underachieving for "a few years."

And yes, if a sports analyst is talking about the last few years of Mark's career he should mention those accomplishments. Wouldn't it be his job to actually check the facts before making Buehrle out to be something that he is not? I'm sure over at ESPN studios somewhere there is an internet connection. All he had to do was go to whitesox.com, check Mark's stats, and then speak. How long would that take? Two minutes tops?

Don't forget, according to Lip, his world series victory too. :?:

Mark Liptak of White Sox Interactive pointed out Buehrle has the distinction of starting and winning an All-Star Game in 2005, earning a victory and a save in a World Series that season and throwing a no-hitter.

UserNameBlank
04-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Don't forget, according to Lip, his world series victory too. :?:
IIRC, Lip is wrong. Mark didn't get a win, but is either the only one or one of very few to both start and save a game in the WS.

jdm2662
04-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Mark got a ND in game two of the World Series.

SBSoxFan
04-20-2007, 05:12 PM
IIRC, Lip is wrong. Mark didn't get a win, but is either the only one or one of very few to both start and save a game in the WS.

I know, but I'm leaning towards Lip being misquoted.

UserNameBlank
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I know, but I'm leaning towards Lip being misquoted.
Actually, he probably was.

Lip Man 1
04-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Nope, can't blame this on anyone but me. I forgot that when Houston tied the game at six, Mark was off the hook for a win. I've already sent the correction to Mark Gonzales.

The only thing Mark got wrong was the inference that this was my original thought. I told Mark another person at WSI came up with it and that started my thinking so I tried checking on it as much as I could.

Lip

McCuddy
04-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Not seeing a shortage of national media coverage on this one. I'm now two states over (in Tiger country, no less), and people here were actually opening conversations with it the day after it happened.

rocky biddle
04-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Levine was on Mac, Jurko and Harry this afternoon discussing the cub loss and actually referred to the baby bears as "we" a few times. I can't remember the exact quotes, but he said something like, "We're hitting line shots that aren't leaving the park. We're leaving too many runners in scoring position..."

Did anyone else hear this?

Brian26
04-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Nope, can't blame this on anyone but me.

Actually, Gonzalez can blame himself. How hard would it have been to check those details online before he printed them? It would have taken five extra minutes on retrosheet or baseball almanac. All you were doing was providing him with free material.

Lip Man 1
04-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Brian:

I appreciate the support but I honestly don't mind doing this stuff.

I know many of these guys and figure something now and then, can only help build the relationship which helps when trying to find out news about the Sox.

It also means valuable publicity for the web site and you can't buy that kind of stuff.

And it helps when I ask these folks for an in terview for WSI (a la Rogers, Sullivan, Vanderberg, Rapoport ect...)

I just flat out got it wrong.

Lip

Rockman218
04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Finally, a thread for people who wanna **** bruce levine!