PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper

TomParrish79
04-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Looking for some help getting a couple of the local Chicago Papers for tomorrow celebrating Buehrle-mon's no no. If anyone is interested in picking me up a few different papers I will gladly pay for them and the shipping.

If anyone uses PAYPAL and is interested in helping me out hit me up with some private messages.

bahn1225
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
You can also contact the papers (Tribune, Sun-Time, Daily Herald, Southtown) directly and they will mail the issue directly to you.
This way you cut out the middle man.

itsnotrequired
04-18-2007, 10:31 PM
If it makes the front page, check out this site tomorrow:

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/

krohnjw
04-19-2007, 06:20 AM
Looks like it made the front page of the trib.

bryPt
04-19-2007, 06:23 AM
it made both papers front page, barely. VT killer is more important locally than a no-hitter by a white sox. The coverage last night was a joke, channel 7 teased it in an ad for their news, but didn't mention it until 10:24 PM, channel 5 brought it up at 10:15 PM, and I missed CBS all together. ESPN did nothing, ESPN news wasn't too excited they HAD to show it.

MB is the man. I could not be more happy for him!

bryPt
04-19-2007, 06:42 AM
I should note that yes, the VT thing is way more important (didn't mean it wasn't in my last post), but to put a 2/3 page photo of the guy with guns is a little too much. But par for the course when it comes to the Sun-Times. Glorifying violence in the media is a topic for another time.

What if JV follows up with his own no-no tonight??!?!??!?!

rocky biddle
04-19-2007, 08:09 AM
I should note that yes, the VT thing is way more important (didn't mean it wasn't in my last post), but to put a 2/3 page photo of the guy with guns is a little too much. But par for the course when it comes to the Sun-Times. Glorifying violence in the media is a topic for another time.

What if JV follows up with his own no-no tonight??!?!??!?!

If anyone needed any more evidence that the Scum Times is an absolute joke, just compare it's front page to the rest on that website.

skobabe8
04-19-2007, 08:19 AM
it made both papers front page, barely. VT killer is more important locally than a no-hitter by a white sox. The coverage last night was a joke, channel 7 teased it in an ad for their news, but didn't mention it until 10:24 PM, channel 5 brought it up at 10:15 PM, and I missed CBS all together. ESPN did nothing, ESPN news wasn't too excited they HAD to show it.

Hangar? :redneck

There was an NBA game on ESPN and at halftime the studio guys showed the highlights. I watched ESPNews and I thought they gave it the right amount of attention.

SoxFan78
04-19-2007, 08:21 AM

Sportscenter did lead with the no hitter story today, had a good 10 minutes of it I think. Very good coverage.

If not for the VT coverage, it would defintley be front page.

Jaffar
04-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Has it recieved as much coverage as Dice K's first game at Fenway from ESPN?

The Immigrant
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Has it recieved as much coverage as Dice K's first game at Fenway from ESPN?

I don't think it's received as much coverage as the pizza-throwing incident at Fenway, much less Daisuke. :tongue:

Dibbs
04-19-2007, 10:07 AM
The coverage was horrible and anyone who doesn't think so is smoking the good stuff. They didn't even have it in the bottom right corner of ESPN News....I guess they reserve that for important stuff like Bonds homers and Dice-K's pitching line.

Rocky Soprano
04-19-2007, 10:09 AM
The coverage was horrible and anyone who doesn't think so is smoking the good stuff. They didn't even have it in the bottom right corner of ESPN News....I guess they reserve that for important stuff like Bonds homers and Dice-K's pitching line.

ESPN did have it on the bottom right corner, I saw it.

bigsoxfan420
04-19-2007, 10:14 AM
If it makes the front page, check out this site tomorrow:

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/

Sweet website! Thanks.

Dibbs
04-19-2007, 10:31 AM
ESPN did have it on the bottom right corner, I saw it.

I watched it for over an hour after I got back from the game, and they definately did not have it up at that point.

I thought it was strange the Trib and Sun-Times had the same headline: NO DOUBT ....not that great in my opinion and they both had the same thing.

Rocky Soprano
04-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I watched it for over an hour after I got back from the game, and they definately did not have it up at that point.

I thought it was strange the Trib and Sun-Times had the same headline: NO DOUBT ....not that great in my opinion and they both had the same thing.

I turned off the TV around 12:15 and it was on there. The first line had: Buehrle: No Hitter
The Second line had: Bonds hits HR #

my5thbench
04-19-2007, 01:03 PM
It was covered rather well on one of the South Bend stations & I thought ESPN did a fine job with it on Sportscenter