PDA

View Full Version : Classic Tirade


getonbckthr
04-18-2007, 05:08 PM
In celebration of Charlie Manuel's snappage who was the Cubs manager who went crazy in like 83? And does anyone have an audio copy of it? Preferably unedited.

veeter
04-18-2007, 05:09 PM
That would be Lee Elia.

skobabe8
04-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Lee's tirade is in a different league than Charlie's, IMO.

102605
04-18-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/uv23pqH9iG0

Edit: Beat you

2nd Edit: I like the picture of the baby crying.

getonbckthr
04-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Looked on youtube and found an unedited version. For language reasons here is the link if the mods ok it maybe they can edit my post. Anywho on with the show:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0

getonbckthr
04-18-2007, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/uv23pqH9iG0
Well done a split second before me.

Tragg
04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
That's the first time I heard that. I heard about it, but never heard it.

It's absolutely hilarious.

Red Barchetta
04-18-2007, 06:20 PM
I would love to use that as a soundtrack to a White Sox 2005 World Series picture show and send it to my Cub-Loving brother-in-law. Either that, or add to the Cub-only moments and include pictures of other "Cub Greats" - Kingman, DeJesus, Bucker and Durhams playoff errors, etc. Too funny!:D:

IlliniSox4Life
04-18-2007, 06:30 PM
That's the first time I heard that. I heard about it, but never heard it.

It's absolutely hilarious.

Same here.

And people think Ozzie has said some bad stuff.

hose
04-18-2007, 10:30 PM
That's the first time I heard that. I heard about it, but never heard it.

It's absolutely hilarious.

Go to you tube and do a search for Earl Weaver.

Check out the one that says managers corner.

jdm2662
04-18-2007, 11:46 PM
You can think Mr. Les Grobstein. He was the only one that was recording that tirade.

PeteWard
04-19-2007, 06:58 AM
I would love to use that as a soundtrack to a White Sox 2005 World Series picture show and send it to my Cub-Loving brother-in-law. Either that, or add to the Cub-only moments and include pictures of other "Cub Greats" - Kingman, DeJesus, Bucker and Durhams playoff errors, etc. Too funny!:D:

Kingman lumbering full "speed", circa 77, toward a foul ball at Juicy Fruit Field and flopping face first after tripping over the bullpen rubber is a scene I will never forget. I wish that were available somewhere. Well at least we can laugh at the pornstach and those unis. Yeccchhhh.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:X9ClC3stqcQrMM:http://z.lee28.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kingman.jpg (http://images.google.co.th/imgres?imgurl=http://z.lee28.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kingman.jpg&imgrefurl=http://rowlandsoffice.blogspot.com/2006/05/will-he-ever-learn.html&h=449&w=327&sz=39&hl=en&start=4&tbnid=X9ClC3stqcQrMM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=92&prev=/images%3Fq%3DDave%2BKingman%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10 %26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG)

EastCoastSoxFan
04-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Lee's tirade is in a different league than Charlie's, IMO.Yeah, I saw Charlie Manuel's press conference last night, and at first I thought he was just joking with the guy (it can be hard to tell sometimes with ol' Uncle Charlie -- he doesn't have a whole lot of facial expressions in his repertoire).

I could be mistaken, but I don't think there was any such ambiguity with Lee Elia...

WhiteSox5187
04-19-2007, 03:24 PM
"85% of the world works, the other 15% comes here..." yea, that sounds about right.

thedudeabides
04-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Go to you tube and do a search for Earl Weaver.

Check out the one that says managers corner.

My all time favorite.