PDA

View Full Version : For Those OF You That Wanted Evans

Chisoxfn
03-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Did you see what move he made yesterday?

The idiot just traded his top reliever Matt Herges for a 29 year old reliever who throws hard but last year he led the league in giving up the highest batting avg to the hitters. They also got a 23 year old outfielder that was their 13 best prospect according to baseball america. This guy hit 8 homers in 5 years of minor league play but he does have speed and an arm the only problem is he can't hit a lick.
They got all of this for Matt Herges who through 95 or so and was 20-11 with 200+ innings in his last 2 years.

One last note, KW where the hell were you on this. We could of given them Ginter and Julio Ramirez(If he wasn't waived) and gotten Herges to fill in our bullpen.

Think Julio a guy that can't hit but has an unbelievable arm, speed and range. Ginter is better than the other pitcher and is younger. God, I would of loved to get Herges our bullpen would of went from ? to strong with Herges, Osuna, Howry, Glover, and Wunsch along with Foulke. I would of had so much confidence in that. Still now that I think about it we truly are just one reliever from having a strong bullpen so in that case if were only one reliever off our pen can't be that bad. Come on KW go get us one pretty good reliever since you missed your boat on Herges.

kermittheefrog
03-24-2002, 10:17 PM
Wow what a steal for Montreal. Mota and Ruan (the guys LA got) are the kind of goofs who are big on potential and low on production. Mota throws in the upper nineties but doesn't have any kind of secondary pitches to compliment his fastball so he gets bombed. He could be something if he got a second pitch but who knows if that'll ever happen. Ruan is a tools goof in the mold of Julio Ramirez. Montreal can probably take Herges and flip him for a top prospect in midseason when teams are desperate and foolish.

Dadawg_77
03-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Well baseball wise this doesn't make much sence but what about money wise. I don't know much about LA, but if they have a young pitcher who can become the closer, they ship out Herges to the Expos and take on a couple cheap "prospects". I think LA has one of the higher payrolls in the league so could of this been a money move for LA instead of a talent move?

Chisoxfn
03-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Herges didn't make much money. He had only been a big leaguer for 2 years maybe 3 and wans't getting paid at all. I also don't think the Dodgers want Gagne as a closer cause they think he can be a very good starter.

RichH55
03-25-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Well baseball wise this doesn't make much sence but what about money wise. I don't know much about LA, but if they have a young pitcher who can become the closer, they ship out Herges to the Expos and take on a couple cheap "prospects". I think LA has one of the higher payrolls in the league so could of this been a money move for LA instead of a talent move?

Nope...no real upside to this deal when it was made....just basically a poor move