PDA

View Full Version : Is this OG speak or not?

Scottiehaswheels
04-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I was watching CSN a lil this morning but kinda forgot about this til now... But I swear I heard OG say that Sosa was gonna get hit... Did he mean he's gonna get hits? or did he just come out and say that they are gonna plunk him? So my question is... if I didn't misinterpret what he said and he intends to plunk Sosa today... who do we use to plunk him? Logan? Cuz you know the person that does will get suspended/fined...

oeo
04-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Probably Anderson...

:)

D. TODD
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
I was watching CSN a lil this morning but kinda forgot about this til now... But I swear I heard OG say that Sosa was gonna get hit... Did he mean he's gonna get hits? or did he just come out and say that they are gonna plunk him? So my question is... if I didn't misinterpret what he said and he intends to plunk Sosa today... who do we use to plunk him? Logan? Cuz you know the person that does will get suspended/fined... It sure sounded like he was going to plunk him, but in reality I think he was just saying that Sammy's bat is not a concern of his in that lineup. If he continues to bat behind "Big Tex" then Oz will be happy to give Sammy the opportunity to hit. So get ready Sammy you gonna get hit as Ozzie says it. :tongue:

SBSoxFan
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
It sure sounded like he was going to plunk him, but in reality I think he was just saying that Sammy's bat is not a concern of his in that lineup. If he continues to bat behind "Big Tex" then Oz will be happy to give Sammy the opportunity to hit. So get ready Sammy you gonna get hit as Ozzie says it. :tongue:

That's definitely the right choice too. What were AJ and MacDougal thinking throwing a fastball when Sosa would have chased yet another slider 3 feet off the plate? :angry:

INSox56
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Probably Anderson...

:)you joke....

mccoydp
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I was watching CSN a lil this morning but kinda forgot about this til now... But I swear I heard OG say that Sosa was gonna get hit... Did he mean he's gonna get hits? or did he just come out and say that they are gonna plunk him? So my question is... if I didn't misinterpret what he said and he intends to plunk Sosa today... who do we use to plunk him? Logan? Cuz you know the person that does will get suspended/fined...

How about Darin "Grinder" Erstad? :redneck

He could pitch a gyroball/screwball that could grind its way into Sosa's head.

lumpyspun
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Is Steve Lyons available to pitch again?

ChiSox14305635
04-18-2007, 11:59 AM

Rongey talked about that last night on the postgame show. David Schuster came on and said Ozzie meant he wouldn't pitch around Sosa like he did with Texiera.

Madvora
04-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I thought I heard the same thing when I saw that clip this morning. I thought I may have been wrong because no one posted anything here about it yet.
It sounded to me like he said, "Look out Sammy, cause you're gonna get hit."

Scottiehaswheels
04-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I thought I heard the same thing when I saw that clip this morning. I thought I may have been wrong because no one posted anything here about it yet.
It sounded to me like he said, "Look out Sammy, cause you're gonna get hit."
Exactly what I interpreted it to mean.... Guess we'll find out in 8-10 hours eh?

ThomesHomie
04-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Thats what he said, I watched it 3 times cause I did not want to get made fun of for posting it here. He definitely said, look out Sosa, cause your going to get hit.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Thats what he said, I watched it 3 times cause I did not want to get made fun of for posting it here. He definitely said, look out Sosa, cause your going to get hit.
While that is what he said, I took it to mean "look out Sosa, cause you're going to get pitched to."

I would lose a lot of respect for Ozzie if he decided to play beanball over an over-inflated, homer-hopping cartoon character like Sosa.

Over By There
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Jayson Stark was on Mike & Mike this morning and briefly touched on this - he said Ozzie meant that he will not pitch around Sosa, and would continue to make the same decision to walk Teixeira to get to Sosa.

Stark went on to say that the consensus around baseball is that Sosa is not a scary hitter - he can still hit it a long way if he gets something center-cut, but he's not scaring anyone.

IlliniSox4Life
04-18-2007, 01:41 PM
While that is what he said, I took it to mean "look out Sosa, cause you're going to get pitched to.

I would lose a lot of respect for Ozzie if he decided to play beanball over an over-inflated, homer-hopping cartoon character like Sosa.

Exactly. Sosa is the Cub's embarrassment, not Chicago's. As much as I don't like the guy, there's really no reason to bean him other than acting like a jackass. And if we beaned everybody who acted like a jackass we would lose a lot of pitchers.

Scottiehaswheels
04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
What I don't understand is why Sox fans hate him so much... Aside from the steroids/corked bat thing... I mean he's prolly one of many good reasons the Cubs didn't win the WS before us... Other than the steroids what the hell do we care about him?

Huisj
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
While that is what he said, I took it to mean "look out Sosa, cause you're going to get pitched to."

I agree, I think he was saying "you're going to get to hit." I thought the "to" just kind of got run in together with t on the end of the word get.

Law11
04-18-2007, 01:56 PM
What I don't understand is why Sox fans hate him so much... Aside from the steroids/corked bat thing... I mean he's prolly one of many good reasons the Cubs didn't win the WS before us... Other than the steroids what the hell do we care about him?

I have no issues with him.. His debacle up north made me like him even more. It made the Cub fans mad and embarrased.. How can you not like a guy who does that... He made them take off their cubby blue colored glasses and admit he was pumped up, a cheat, all about him, and a cancer to the team. All this after they had enshrined him the greatest Cub of all time..

God Luv ya Sammy for making your last few years in Chicago so memorable..

Scottiehaswheels
04-18-2007, 01:58 PM
I have no issues with him.. His debacle up north made me like him even more. It made the Cub fans mad and embarrased.. How can you not like a guy who does that... He made them take off their cubby blue colored glasses and admit he was pumped up, a cheat, all about him, and a cancer to the team.

God Luv ya Sammy for making your last few years in Chicago so memorable..
Yeah, thats exactly how i feel... why the hell should we boo the guy.. we should be cheering him or something in my mind lol

HotelWhiteSox
04-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Why does the Tribune writeup say "Sosa sticks it to White Sox - again", we always had no problem with him in interleague.

It was a pretty damn big hop though. If Freddy was on this team, he would nail him in a heartbeat.

skottyj242
04-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Wouldn't he get in trouble for stating this?

ThomesHomie
04-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Wouldn't he get in trouble for stating this?

If he hit him tonight I would assume, I would assume he could get in trouble though just for saying it. It seems like they asked him something before they aired the footage, what they asked him, I don't know.

I defiantly thought he said we will hit him tonight, then the comcast guy said, those are fighting words.

Huisj
04-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Why does the Tribune writeup say "Sosa sticks it to White Sox - again", we always had no problem with him in interleague.

It was a pretty damn big hop though. If Freddy was on this team, he would nail him in a heartbeat.

They probably think the Sox are still upset about trading Sosa for Bell. :?:

jabrch
04-18-2007, 04:32 PM

It wouldn't surprise me to see Logan or Sisco do it tonight.

thomas35forever
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Logan or Sisco do it tonight.
I would've said Riske, but then I realized he's not on the team anymore. I say send in Thornton to do the dirty work.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Why does the Tribune writeup say "Sosa sticks it to White Sox - again"...
There may be some people who still consider the Sosa-for-Bell trade as one of the biggest fleecings in baseball history. Statistically, it certainly appears to be so.

But I'm sure there are many here in agreement who would prefer not to have the steroid stink of that ass-clown attached to the White Sox. Personally, I'm grateful to the Cubs for taking His Royal Corkness off of our hands, no matter how many juiced homeruns he may have hit for them.

DickAllen72
04-18-2007, 04:46 PM
I thought I may have been wrong because no one posted anything here about it yet.

What am I, chopped liver? :tongue:

I posted it last night on the post game thread.

TDog
04-18-2007, 04:51 PM

This question has been asked and answered in previous threads. I believe there is sufficient cause for Sox fans to hate Sosa, if only because he said when he was with the Cubs that playing for the Sox was like being in prison.

Viva Medias B's
04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I should point out, unless someone else did already in this thread and I missed it, Ozzie did not imply that he was going to throw at Sosa. Guillen said that he is not afraid to pitch to Sosa meaning he would get the chance to hit. The Score's David Schuster went up to Ozzie last night and confirmed this.

One a side note, Dan Bernstein said one of the most intelligent things I've heard: "If you like Sammy Sosa, you're an idiot." It's an opinion I share. At the risk of sounding disrespectful, that fraternity sadly includes both our field manager and our general manager whose embrace of Sosa is shown in today's Tribune.

nlentz88
04-18-2007, 05:02 PM
I honestly don't think Ozzie was saying he'd have a pitcher throw at Sosa. Before this series with the Rangers began, Ozzie was singing Sammy's praises, stating that Sosa had done a lot of good things for Chicago and that the fans shouldn't boo him.

oeo
04-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I honestly don't think Ozzie was saying he'd have a pitcher throw at Sosa. Before this series with the Rangers began, Ozzie was singing Sammy's praises, stating that Sosa had done a lot of good things for Chicago and that the fans shouldn't boo him.

...then he saw Sosa and remembered what a douche he was.

hawkjt
04-18-2007, 06:50 PM
sportstalk radio is just full of idiots; do they really think that ozzie was indicating he would walk texira to then hit sammy and put two guys on base?

simply ridiculous.

balke
04-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I wish they would plunk him, he was showboating after his homerun a bit much, then comes out this morning talking about how much of a fighter he is and all that crud. They were already up at that point.

soxinem1
04-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Even if he meant what he said, it's BS. He still hasn't paid them back for the AJ/Padilla incidents from last year.

ThomesHomie
04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Ozzy might of forgot one word in that statement.

Watch out Sosa, you will get hit tomorrow

Watch out Sosa, you will get to hit tomorrow

I want to see the whole interview, I noticed espn and the white sox left out the last statement he made. I myself thought Sosa handled himself well in the locker room, I really did not see the home run so can't comment if he was show boating.

And yes we still owe them from last year

SOX ADDICT '73
04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Ozzy might of forgot one word in that statement.

Watch out Sosa, you will get hit tomorrow

Watch out Sosa, you will get to hit tomorrow...

Or maybe it was "Watch out Sosa, you (the Rangers) will get no-hit tomorrow." :tongue: