PDA

View Full Version : Fan hurt bad by Thome's Bat??

Rowandws33
04-17-2007, 08:32 PM
my sister said that a fan got it by Thome's bat and got hurt pretty bad. Anyone else hear about this at all?

MISoxfan
04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Unless she's sitting there and just called you, I'm not sure how she could know. Someone did get hit though.

krohnjw
04-17-2007, 08:44 PM
The guy got hit in the wrist....he's still in his seat and looked fine on TV after his initial reaction. He was watching the game with some ice on his wrist.

Frontman
04-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Looked brutal there for a moment. Could of been the shock as well, as you get zero chance to react to a bat or ball coming at you at that range.

I hope he's ok and just will be sore as all heck tomorrow.

BiggestFan14
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Looked bad on tv at first, but my guess is he will be just fine. Good conversation starter for the future.:tongue:

DeuceUnit
04-17-2007, 11:11 PM
We cause more damage to our own fans than the other team right now...ha!

ThomesHomie
04-17-2007, 11:45 PM
He had to get his arm removed, but in place he got Thomes bat put back in.

FedEx227
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM
He had to get his arm removed, but in place he got Thomes bat put back in.

And he's already our 4th best hitter.

Bruizer
04-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Later in the game a girl got hit in the face with a deflected foul ball that just missed being a home run. She never saw it coming. Hope she's okay.

Bru

DumpJerry
04-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Later in the game a girl got hit in the face with a deflected foul ball that just missed being a home run. She never saw it coming. Hope she's okay.

Bru
Somehow, I think when someone named "Bruizer" talks about people getting hit by balls and bats, he is very cedible.:rolleyes:

skobabe8
04-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Thome will probably buy the guy a weeks vacation in the Bahamas.

ewokpelts
04-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Didnt he let the guy keep the bat?

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Didnt he let the guy keep the bat?

He made a gesture during the game to security about leaving the bat there. What truly impressed me was that Thome stood outside the batters box and made continual contact with the fan right after and while the BB was getting him a new one. He seemed genuinely concerned.

INSox56
04-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Didnt he let the guy keep the bat?I bet he would....I also hope some other jackass didn't grab the bat first. If you're icing an injury from something, you deserve to keep it...bat or ball (unless the player wants it back)

zach074
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I bet he would....I also hope some other jackass didn't grab the bat first. If you're icing an injury from something, you deserve to keep it...bat or ball (unless the player wants it back)

Some other guy got the bat originally but he gave it to the guy who got hit.

Rowandws33
04-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Another great example of how great of a guy Thome is. I should know he did alot of good things for my sister in Peoria when she was hurt really bad.

Bruizer
04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
I want the next bat he used on the following pitch. :cool:

Bru

Frontman
04-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Hell, knowing Jim; he probably offered to drive the guy home. Glad to hear he got to keep the bat. That would be a great conversation piece.

"Yeah, that bat there? Jim Thome just chucked it with an errant swing and hit me with it. A minute later, he hit a homer."

MySoxAreClean
04-18-2007, 06:24 PM
LAST year I got hit by a J Dye foul ball, I had 2 beers in my hand, last i looked that ball was going into the upper tank,and not the lower level , next thing I know Hit me on the hip, and bounced into the guy beer cup in front of me, My beers were fine, and did not spill them,, Thank god. :gulp: ushers asked if I was ok I said yes. Just had a bruise the next day

ThomesHomie
04-18-2007, 06:30 PM

Bru

I saw that, he or she was running down for it then got nailed right in the head

BRDSR
04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I bet he would....I also hope some other jackass didn't grab the bat first. If you're icing an injury from something, you deserve to keep it...bat or ball (unless the player wants it back)

Really? I think anything flies into the stands, its the fan's. Very nice of the fan to offer the bat back to Thome, but it would really be lame for Thome to say "Yeah, give it here. I love that bat!" They get a hundred bats a year, maybe more.

Only exception would be a glove, although I can't really imagine someone's glove getting away from a player unless he actually threw it into the stands.

rdwj
04-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Really? I think anything flies into the stands, its the fan's. Very nice of the fan to offer the bat back to Thome, but it would really be lame for Thome to say "Yeah, give it here. I love that bat!" They get a hundred bats a year, maybe more.

Only exception would be a glove, although I can't really imagine someone's glove getting away from a player unless he actually threw it into the stands.

It's not uncommon for players to get the bat back. They usually trade the bat in the stands for one in the dugout.