PDA

View Full Version : Typical Sham-ME*

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2007, 07:30 PM
On the 6:00 news, Channel 7 showed an interview with Sham-ME* today, and one reporter asked him what he had left to prove by coming back to baseball.

You'd figure someone who's played since 1989 without winning a championship would put that as his #1 item, but nope. The words "World Series" or "championship" never crossed his lips. Instead, he said something lame about how he didn't think he had anything to prove with all he had done, and that maybe people might wonder why he had made the team.

Good ol' Sammy Sosa, the Consummate Team Player!!!

MDF3530
04-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Normally I don't wish any ill will on anyone, but I hope he gets plunked tonight.

MarySwiss
04-18-2007, 07:44 PM
On the 6:00 news, Channel 7 showed an interview with Sham-ME* today, and one reporter asked him what he had left to prove by coming back to baseball.

You'd figure someone who's played since 1989 without winning a championship would put that as his #1 item, but nope. The words "World Series" or "championship" never crossed his lips. Instead, he said something lame about how he didn't think he had anything to prove with all he had done, and that maybe people might wonder why he had made the team.

Cheeses, no surprise there. What surprises me is that there are people who still buy into his crap. I'm proud to say that I was one of the first on the anti-Sammy bandwagon; I couldn't stand the guy when he was with the Sox, and he hasn't improved with age.

I just wish he would go away. He is nothing more than an annoyance; a pimple on....well, you get the idea! :cool:

Vernam
04-18-2007, 07:57 PM
As a friend said today, at least the HR wasn't in a game-winning situation. Also typical for Sosa! When he hit it, everyone in our section just looked at each other and laughed ruefully. (Yes, ruefully, I said!) I kept thinking of the respect Frank got when he homered twice against us in his return last year. Sosa got and deserved no such respect.

And I'd walk Texeira 100 times in a row to get to the ****er, too. :angry:

Vernam

MarySwiss
04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
As a friend said today, at least the HR wasn't in a game-winning situation. Also typical for Sosa! When he hit it, everyone in our section just looked at each other and laughed ruefully. (Yes, ruefully, I said!) I kept thinking of the respect Frank got when he homered twice against us in his return last year. Sosa got and deserved no such respect.

And I'd walk Texeira 100 times in a row to get to the ****er, too. :angry:

Vernam

You speak truth. Just Sammy doing his best Ron Santo impression; hitting home runs when it didn't matter squat.

I was very proud of Sox fans last year with the way we paid our respects to Frank. He earned it. Sammy never has, IMO.

cws05champ
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Did any out of towners listen to the Texas feed on TV? They just didn't get it!! Everytime Sammy was boo'd they were saying well, I guess they don't appreciate the things he did in this city. HE PLAYED for THE CUBS for most of his career!! Sox fans hate the Cubs, Cubs fans hate the Sox....don't they get it! Everyone on the South side always saw Shammy for what he was; a self promotong SOB that only cared about himself and his #'s. He did not care how he got those numbers(Steroids, cork) and how he treated the great game of baseball and his own teammates.

PeteWard
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Did any out of towners listen to the Texas feed on TV? They just didn't get it!! Everytime Sammy was boo'd they were saying well, I guess they don't appreciate the things he did in this city. HE PLAYED for THE CUBS for most of his career!! Sox fans hate the Cubs, Cubs fans hate the Sox....don't they get it! Everyone on the South side always saw Shammy for what he was; a self promotong SOB that only cared about himself and his #'s. He did not care how he got those numbers(Steroids, cork) and how he treated the great game of baseball and his own teammates.

They are from Texas. 'Nuff said.

On another note, Downey writes a pro-Sosa article in the Trib, saying he would vote for him for the HOF.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:4ZVvkqXOup-SVM:http://www.digitalapoptosis.com/archives/miscellaneous/PukingPumpkin.jpg (http://images.google.co.th/imgres?imgurl=http://www.digitalapoptosis.com/archives/miscellaneous/PukingPumpkin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.digitalapoptosis.com/archives/miscellaneous/000264.html&h=600&w=440&sz=140&hl=en&start=53&tbnid=4ZVvkqXOup-SVM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvomiting%26start%3D36%26gbv%3D2%26nds p%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)

DumpJerry
04-19-2007, 07:50 AM
It's nice to see Scammy improved his English skills since March of last year to the point that he can carry on an interview in the language.

Must have been frustrating for him, all those years speaking through an interpreter while with the Rangers, Sox, Cubs, and O's.

Now we know what he did with his time off last season.

kobo
04-19-2007, 08:17 AM

I don't want to defend Sosa here, but he was asked what he has left to prove, not what he has left to accomplish. He probably wouldn't understand the difference anyway, but it would have been different if he had been asked what he has left to accomplish.

SBSoxFan
04-19-2007, 03:56 PM
It's nice to see Scammy improved his English skills since March of last year to the point that he can carry on an interview in the language.

Must have been frustrating for him, all those years speaking through an interpreter while with the Rangers, Sox, Cubs, and O's.

Now we know what he did with his time off last season.

I was thinking the same thing. He actually sounded quite literate. :o:

I wish I could learn another language that quickly.

cheeses_h_rice
04-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't want to defend Sosa here, but he was asked what he has left to prove, not what he has left to accomplish. He probably wouldn't understand the difference anyway, but it would have been different if he had been asked what he has left to accomplish.

Any player who truly wanted to return to the game to help a team win the World Series would have no problem replying to that effect to such a question. In fact, it would be the first thing out of their mouth.

Sosa truly can't help himself. It's 100% about him and him alone, in his mind, and has ever been so.

kobo
04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Any player who truly wanted to return to the game to help a team win the World Series would have no problem replying to that effect to such a question. In fact, it would be the first thing out of their mouth.

Sosa truly can't help himself. It's 100% about him and him alone, in his mind, and has ever been so.
I'll agree with that.

rocky biddle
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM

C'mon, the man saved baseball. What more do you want from him?

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Normally I don't wish any ill will on anyone, but I hope he gets plunked tonight.

Yeah me too. He ruined Mark's Perfect Game.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2007, 04:39 PM

:rolleyes:

Frontman
04-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Was it just me, or did Mark's first pitch to the Corked-up-roid-Ranger (now to be referred to me as a CurR) come in reaaaaaaaaaalllllllly close to back him off the plate?

russ99
04-19-2007, 05:34 PM

Well, with Sox serial-beaner Padilla on the hill tonight, you might get your wish. Maybe Ozzie should order Logan to bean Sosa... :tongue:

That is if Vazquez doesn't go back-to-back no hitter with Mark. He's certainly capable.

HotelWhiteSox
04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
In the offseason interview I remember him saying that all he wanted to combe back for was the HRs

YBazo5uciVc

WSox597
04-19-2007, 07:51 PM

I noticed that too. Its amazing how moving away from the microphone at the hearings cleared his language skills right up.

It's a miracle!!!

I loved the reaction Shammy got every time he came to bat. It's what he deserves.

RadioheadRocks
04-19-2007, 07:52 PM

But then his sorry ass got picked off! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

itsnotrequired
04-20-2007, 12:15 AM
I loved the reaction Shammy got every time he came to bat. It's what he deserves.

The way the Sox pitcher was booed was disgraceful.

:wink:

cheeses_h_rice
04-20-2007, 12:31 AM
The way the Sox pitcher was booed was disgraceful.

I told you, INR, I can't STAND Jenks.

Railsplitter
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Two Homer Sosa hit in this series were typical. First of all, niether one had an impact on whther his team won or lost, just the final score. If Tuesday's homer had been a single, the Ranger would have won 6-1 rather than 8-1.

Thursday's homer was also typical for Sammy Solo because nobody was on base, and also, had it been a single, the Rangers would have lost 6-3 instead of 6-4.

SOXPHILE
04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Pretty godawful column from Mike "Milquetoast" Downey today on the Wife Beater. Downey is the "Eric & Kathy" of the Trib sports section, and what he normally writes is nothing but harmless, pre-chewed pablum. But what I read today is one of the stupidest columns I've seen in a long time. Basically, defending Sosa, saying how "nothing has been proven", and he hasn't been caught taking HGH/steroids. Hey, assbag, this isn't a court of law. Opinion and perception count. He hasn't been caught because he hasn't tested. And HGH isn't something that can be detected in a urine sample. A blood sample is needed for that, but that's not allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. He is a liar, a cheater, a wife beater, and a megalomaniac. If you don't think he's had "help" puffing up himself and his gigantic ego, just because "nothing's been proven", and belongs in the HOF, then you, Mike Downey, are one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth. Please kindly remove Mr. Head from Mr. Ass.