PDA

View Full Version : Good ol' Geoff Blum

JermaineDye05
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
RBI double in the 14th to give the Pads a lead, Jacque Jones misplays it and lets it get past him into the corner.

JB98
04-17-2007, 06:28 PM
RBI single in the 14th to give the Pads a lead, Jacque Jones misplays it and lets it get past him into the corner.

Good news, bad news. I'm happy for Geoff, especially if the Padres hang on and win. Bad news, someone in the Chicago media might write a story about him now. I was planning a column for this week about him. With him delivering this big hit, somebody from the Chicago papers might steal my thunder. :(:

FedEx227
04-17-2007, 06:57 PM
And now they have more ammo to blame Jones with every single problem they have.

MUsoxfan
04-17-2007, 07:03 PM
There's something about that man and the 14th inning:cool:

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2007, 07:14 PM
You mean the game just ended? Then how come there was a big crowd of Kubbie Klown Blue-clad idiots blocking the exit from my evening train when everyone was trying to get off, at 5:30? Are you trying to tell me the World's Best Fans left the game early?

Whitesox029
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
You mean the game just ended? Then how come there was a big crowd of Kubbie Klown Blue-clad idiots blocking the exit from my evening train when everyone was trying to get off, at 5:30? Are you trying to tell me the World's Best Fans left the game early?
It looked like Tropicana by the 14th, only colder. Remember, they stop selling beer in the 8th, so that's 6 innings of baseball with nothing to do and no reason to stay at the park.

FedEx227
04-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah I was unaware Wrigley was even open to the public after the 8th inning.

BringBackBlkJack
04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
So, our beloved utility outfielder from the '05 season came through today by hitting a game-winning double in the 14th inning allowing the Padres to beat the Cubbies.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070417&content_id=1914475&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Here's to you, Geoff! :gulp:

WizardsofOzzie
04-17-2007, 08:42 PM
A Chicago legend till the end of time. Here's to you Geoff :gulp:

HotelWhiteSox
04-17-2007, 10:06 PM

It was evident how bogus their announced attendance is when they had a booth view during the 7th inning stretch and so many complete rows were empty. This was when it was about 70 out.

IlliniSox4Life
04-18-2007, 08:01 AM
There will always be a special place in my heart for ol' Geoff.

itsnotrequired
04-18-2007, 08:04 AM

Chips and I got on the Red at Monroe around 5:00 yesterday. I believe the game was in the 11th at that time but that didn't mean there wasn't a steady stream of Cub fans exiting the station.

eriqjaffe
04-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I was actually listening to the game in the car on the way home from work last night, and when Blum came up, I thought. "He's good at ending long games."

And then he doubled in the winning run.

I forgot how mumbly Santo is in the booth:

"Oh, man, they're not...no...they're gonna...(something muffled)...no..."

rdwj
04-18-2007, 09:52 AM

Santo's pained moments are so great to listen to. No explanation of the game, just grunts, groans and an occasional Nooo!

mccoydp
04-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Simply put, Geoff Blum rocks.

Here's to you, Mr. Crazy Hair. :bandance:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-18-2007, 10:38 AM
I was actually listening to the game in the car on the way home from work last night, and when Blum came up, I thought. "He's good at ending long games."

And then he doubled in the winning run.

As the pitch to Blum was approaching home plate, Santo was talking about what a great momentum-booster it would be for the Cubs if they won that game...:D:

jenn2080
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM

Dude they stopped serving beer in the 7th. Of course they left early.

eriqjaffe
04-18-2007, 11:03 AM
As the pitch to Blum was approaching home plate, Santo was talking about what a great momentum-booster it would be for the Cubs if they won that game...:D:I liked how, in the bottom of the 14th, Ramirez hit a long foul ball down the line, and Santo made some comment about how if that ball hadn't gone foul, it would've been a double, or maybe a triple, or mumble mumble.

So, wait, if that foul ball had been fair, it might have been a hit? Thanks for the insight, Ron!

itsnotrequired
04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Dude they stopped serving beer in the 7th. Of course they left early.

I noticed you left early last night.

:wink:

jenn2080
04-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I noticed you left early last night.

:wink:

THat is because me and my pumpkey were having a lovers quarrel. :rolleyes: :D:

itsnotrequired
04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
THat is because me and my pumpkey were having a lovers quarrel. :rolleyes: :D:

That's what it looked like from where I was sitting. You two are so cute, what with your fighting and what not...

:tongue:

jenn2080
04-18-2007, 01:12 PM
That's what it looked like from where I was sitting. You two are so cute, what with your fighting and what not...

:tongue:

I almost spit my lemonade at my monitor reading that.

soxfan13
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I liked how, in the bottom of the 14th, Ramirez hit a long foul ball down the line, and Santo made some comment about how if that ball hadn't gone foul, it would've been a double, or maybe a triple, or mumble mumble.

So, wait, if that foul ball had been fair, it might have been a hit? Thanks for the insight, Ron!

Again it calls for my favorite quote "Hey Ronnie if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle":tongue: