PDA

View Full Version : Padres road uniforms (and alternates)

Whitesox029
04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
I've seen the Padres on TV the last two days, and yesterday they wore their road "grays" which are not gray at all and look really bad in my opinion. Today, however, they are wearing dark blue alternate jerseys (same color pants) and, oddly enough, I like them a lot with that color pants. Opinions?

AJ Hellraiser
04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
They are not supposed to be gray... they are supposed to be the color they are to represent the great sand beaches of San Diego... think of a beautiful sandy beach and then look at the jersey and you'll understand

Baby Fisk
04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
The Padres' official team colours are "navy blue, sand and white." They don't wear any grey.

Rob190
04-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I like these better than their old brown and yellow uniforms, from years back.
Boy those were some ugly uniforms.

Whitesox029
04-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I've seen the Padres on TV the last two days, and yesterday they wore their road "grays" which are not gray at all and look really bad in my opinion. Today, however, they are wearing dark blue alternate jerseys (same color pants) and, oddly enough, I like them a lot with that color pants. Opinions?

They are not supposed to be gray... they are supposed to be the color they are to represent the great sand beaches of San Diego... think of a beautiful sandy beach and then look at the jersey and you'll understand

The Padres' official team colours are "navy blue, sand and white." They don't wear any grey.
Well, now that three different people, including myself, have established the fact that they are not gray, what opinions do we have on them not being gray?

Baby Fisk
04-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, now that three different people, including myself, have established the fact that they are not gray, what opinions do we have on them not being gray?

I like the blue jersey - sand pants combo. It's unique without being over-the-top (eg. Oakland).

RealMenWearBlack
04-17-2007, 03:47 PM
They were wearing a really weird camouflage alternate jersey the other day. I like the Padres' uniforms even though they are a bit strange.

WhiteSoxJunkie
04-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I like the sand colored pants because they are different and nobody else has them. They kinda look like khakis.

chitownhawkfan
04-17-2007, 06:22 PM
I like these better than their old brown and yellow uniforms, from years back.
Boy those were some ugly uniforms.

I really like those old brown and mustard uniforms.

I think they wear the camo to honor the marines in nearby Camp Pendleton.

goon
04-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Put me down for liking the Blue/Sand uniforms too.

Rowandws33
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I always liked the Padres logo. I like the sand color jerseys i think they look pretty cool.

getonbckthr
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
They were wearing a really weird camouflage alternate jersey the other day. I like the Padres' uniforms even though they are a bit strange.
This my favorite jersey in baseball cause they have them to honor the soldiers.

lumpyspun
04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
This my favorite jersey in baseball cause they have them to honor the soldiers.

Let's not also forget they have them to make money, they are $109 on mlb.com.

esbrechtel
04-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I am all for supporting the troops but camo jerseys?:rolleyes: If they were the SD soldiers maybe....but they are the padres as in priests or monks....

04-18-2007, 05:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6214070_36_1.jpg

I dig the camo uni's!