PDA

View Full Version : Lou wants his cake and eat it too

DumpJerry
04-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Lou unhappy with ESPN. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070416cubsbits,1,2312414.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed)

Memo to Lou: You yell on TV, you get on TV. Real simple. Not very sweet.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Lou unhappy with ESPN. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070416cubsbits,1,2312414.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed)

Memo to Lou: You yell on TV, you get on TV. Real simple. Not very sweet.But the real question is,
Was ESPN who he THOUGHT they were???!!!

eriqjaffe
04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Notice the headline?

Piniella slightly ticked at ESPN

If the article had been about Guillen...

Out-of-control Guillen lashes out at ESPN

Frontman
04-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Notice the headline?

No joke. Pinella gets upset, that's just "Sweet ol' Lou doing his thing."

Ozzie gets upset, "Kenny Williams better get him under control."

Whatever. See the company that published the story and need I say more?

Chez
04-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I've never understood the figure of speech, "someone wants his cake and eat it too." Who wouldn't want to eat their cake? What's the point of even having cake if you can't eat it too? I feel better now that I've gotten this off my chest. :smile:

RKMeibalane
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
But the real question is,
Was ESPN who he THOUGHT they were???!!!

I don't know, but Lou's not getting let off the hook here. :cool:

EastCoastSoxFan
04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't know, but Lou's not getting let off the hook here. :cool:Dennis Green managed to laugh about his meltdown later when he was an analyst on the NFL Network during the playoffs.
I don't know if Lou has the same sense of humor...

Fuller_Schettman
04-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I've never understood the figure of speech, "someone wants his cake and eat it too." Who wouldn't want to eat their cake? What's the point of even having cake if you can't eat it too? I feel better now that I've gotten this off my chest. :smile:

Perhaps THIS (http://radicalreference.info/node/709) will help.

Chez
04-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Perhaps THIS (http://radicalreference.info/node/709) will help.

Thanks, Fuller. The expression should be, "you can't eat your cake, and then have it after it's eaten." With which I agree.

PennStater98r
04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Anyone have a tissue for Lou?

MarySwiss
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks, Fuller. The expression should be, "you can't eat your cake, and then have it after it's eaten." With which I agree.

Fuller beat me to this. IIRC, the actual expression is, "you can't have your cake and eat it, too." Which is just a shorter way of saying what you said.

Anyway, re the Sweet Lou meltdown, did anyone seriously expect anything else?

LongLiveFisk
04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Does anyone else think that meltdown was completely phony?

Bobapples1993
04-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Notice the headline?

Yeah, that's because Ozzie is insane and tries to hit batters in retaliation. He is a huge jerk.:smile:

SoxandtheCityTee
04-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah, that's because Ozzie is insane and tries to hit batters in retaliation. He is a huge jerk.:smile:

:dtroll:

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Sighhhh, So how you been Mshake?

Ziggy S
04-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey dumb Scrub fans like BobApple or mshake, if you aren't the same person, GO POST SOMEWHERE ELSE. BTW, this is still "your year", right? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ziggy S
04-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else think that meltdown was completely phony?
Maybe, he's just throwing a fit because that's what fans and media types expect from him after a loss, so people can guy "Hey, at least the guy cares."
I, still think the guy took the job for the moolah. As much as he wants to win, I don't see the same hot tamale from his Reds, Mariners, and even Devil Rays days.