PDA

View Full Version : Soriano Leaves Cubs Game With Apparent Hamstring Injury

thegooch
04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
He attempted to make a catch and center and apparently hurt his hammy.

JB98
04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
He attempted to make a catch and center and apparently hurt his hammy.

Hey, dude! WTS?

JermaineDye05
04-16-2007, 08:32 PM
only a matter of time.

thegooch
04-16-2007, 08:32 PM
sorry bout that. thought regular baseball discussions went here. My bad.

voodoochile
04-16-2007, 08:50 PM
sorry bout that. thought regular baseball discussions went here. My bad.

Yes, and wouldn't it be lovely if we could treat discussions about the flubbies and their players as a normal discussion. Unfortunately some posters take the whole Chicago baseball rivalry thing WAY too seriously. Hence any discussion of the team, the players or the games the flubbies play in has to go here.

It's kind of a sanitorium (sp?) for recovering Sox fans...

SoxSpeed22
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
It's kind of a sanitorium (sp?) for recovering Sox fans...All the fun of an off-day coming off a ****ty game.

The Critic
04-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Gigantic investment aside, losing Soriano for whatever length of time forces Piniella to probably lead off Ryan Theriot more often. Theriot can't be worse than Soriano defensively right now, and while he's not a bomber, he is more of a leadoff hitter than Soriano is.
It should also mean more playing time for Matt Murton, which improves their lineup in my opinion.

HotelWhiteSox
04-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Grrr, I dislike this for a couple of reasons. First, don't like to see anyone hurt. But now this means they get another excuse for when they blow

DumpJerry
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Grrr, I dislike this for a couple of reasons. First, don't like to see anyone hurt. But now this means they get another excuse for when they blow
They've been giving the world excuses for 99 years. What's one more year?

Johnnydogs
04-16-2007, 09:37 PM
They said it's just a strain. He'll probably get one day off. I saw the fall and it didn't look like much...

HotelWhiteSox
04-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I didn't really read into it, I just saw ESPN.com and they had some big picture of him with headlines of 'Woe is Wrigley' or something about Cubs getting another bad break, and a DL mention

mrfourni
04-16-2007, 10:15 PM
They said it's just a strain.

Coming from the Cubs, that usually means his hamstring actually fell off.

DumpJerry
04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
They said it's just a strain. He'll probably get one day off. I saw the fall and it didn't look like much...

Coming from the Cubs, that usually means his hamstring actually fell off.
Beat me to it fourni. Remember, "they" are the same people who each Spring Training tell the world that Prior and Wood are in great shape and will earn 46 victories each. The next day, "they" tell us that Priorwood has "slight tightness" in the shoulder, but won't miss any turns on The Hump. Then "they" tell us that Woodprior will "rest" for two days.

This is followed by towels being thrown, games being simulated and teeth gnashing all over Cubbieland......

Fuller_Schettman
04-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Beat me to it fourni. Remember, "they" are the same people who each Spring Training tell the world that Prior and Wood are in great shape and will earn 46 victories each. The next day, "they" tell us that Priorwood has "slight tightness" in the shoulder, but won't miss any turns on The Hump. Then "they" tell us that Woodprior will "rest" for two days.

This is followed by towels being thrown, games being simulated and teeth gnashing all over Cubbieland......

Ah yes, the days of "Wood and Prior and pray for a fire"

Doesn't quite have the ring of "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain"... :cool:

whitem0nkey
04-16-2007, 11:00 PM

yep this is the same organization that did not say anything about a-ram having swelling in his wrist during the preseason, and on Friday they finally admitted that this was going on in spring training.

pagansoxfan
04-16-2007, 11:06 PM
didn't anyone hear that prior leads all mlb pitchers in simulated k's and wood presently leads all simulated pitchers in simulated hit batsmen?

DumpJerry
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
yep this is the same organization that did not say anything about a-ram having swelling in his wrist during the preseason, and on Friday they finally admitted that this was going on in spring training.
Unlike another team that declares its number one starter has a broken foot in ST and it will be amputated any day now. Two days, that starter was back in action and taking us the World Series......

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-17-2007, 06:26 AM
didn't anyone hear that prior leads all mlb pitchers in simulated k's and wood presently leads all simulated pitchers in simulated hit batsmen?

:tealtutor:

TomBradley72
04-17-2007, 07:13 AM
They've been giving the world excuses for 99 years. What's one more year?

Including this one from today's Sun Times:

"Soriano said playing at Wrigley Field amid such high expectations has been difficult for all of the Cubs. ''If we play on the road, I think we play more relaxed because we don't have the pressure that we have to win,''.
The IMMENSE pressure of April baseball. :rolleyes:

rocky biddle
04-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Bob Picosi on the 8:45am ESPN update said a DL trip was likely. Take that as you will...

soxfan13
04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Bob Picosi on the 8:45am ESPN update said a DL trip was likely. Take that as you will...

IMO I would put him on the DL. You have a large investment here. There is no need to rush him back. You dont treat this right it can turn into a year long injury.

Jaffar
04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
All reports are that Pie has brought up, IMO you do not bring him up and waste options on him if he is only filling in for a game or 2 so chances are the DL report could be accurate.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Including this one from today's Sun Times:

"Soriano said playing at Wrigley Field amid such high expectations has been difficult for all of the Cubs. ''If we play on the road, I think we play more relaxed because we don't have the pressure that we have to win,''.
The IMMENSE pressure of April baseball. :rolleyes:

Good Lord! Like every team in baseball doesn't have pressure to win at home. Sounds like he's being sucked right into the mindset.:rolleyes:

Grobber33
04-17-2007, 01:29 PM

He may indeed go on the DL,BUT...that's the same BOB PICOSI that along with DAN (the Duke) DAVIS who said two years ago that UW-Milwaukee would have a 'Home Crowd Advantage' in Rosemont over Illinois 'since Milwaukee is closer to Rosemont than Champaign'.
So what I'm saying is that the National Guys on the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network don't know squat about Chicago!

UserNameBlank
04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
All reports are that Pie has brought up, IMO you do not bring him up and waste options on him if he is only filling in for a game or 2 so chances are the DL report could be accurate.
The Cubs should have brought him up at the beginning of the year and traded one of their corner OFs. Either that or they should have picked up an actual CF somewhere.

I just hope that whoever buys the Cubs keeps Hendry for some unknown reason because his team-building philosophy is exactly the reason the Cubs suck year after year. I bet if the Cubs hired someone else as a manager and Pinella was still doing commentary, Lou himself would rip the Cubs for putting Soriano in CF.

Jaffar
04-17-2007, 02:04 PM
The Cubs should have brought him up at the beginning of the year and traded one of their corner OFs. Either that or they should have picked up an actual CF somewhere.

I just hope that whoever buys the Cubs keeps Hendry for some unknown reason because his team-building philosophy is exactly the reason the Cubs suck year after year. I bet if the Cubs hired someone else as a manager and Pinella was still doing commentary, Lou himself would rip the Cubs for putting Soriano in CF.

I completely agree. This could be a blessing in disguise for the Cubs. The Cubs are saying Soriano can play wherever he wants. Will he give up center that easily for the better of the team?

Rob190
04-17-2007, 02:32 PM
According to the ESPN website, he's out with a strained groin.