PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Daver
03-24-2002, 03:02 PM
From TSN,I think they forgot someone on this list

When we go to the ballpark, we like to know the players without a program. At least some of the players. That's not often the case in this era of free agents. The number of veterans to spend their entire careers with the same organization dropped by two with the retirement of Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken. Entering the season, there are only 11 active players entering at least their 10th season in the majors who have spent their careers with the same club. -- M.C.

Pos. Player Season Comment
P Tom Glavine, Braves 16th Crafy lefty is in last year of contract, but he's going nowhere.
DH Edgar Martinez, Mariners 16th Needs 118 hits to reach 2,000.
2B Craig Biggio, Astros 15th Leader in the clubhouse and on the field.
P Charles Nagy, Indians 13th Two years removed from his last good season.
1B Jim Thome, Indians 12th Tribe's career leader in home runs (282).
P Shane Reynolds, Astros 11th Injuries have hampered him past two seasons.
OF Bernie Williams, Yankees 12th Says he'll improve on last year, which was solid, by the way.
1B Eric Karros, Dodgers 12th Coming off the worst season of his career (.235, 15 HRs).
C Javy Lopez, Braves 11th Reupped with the Braves in the offseason.
1B Carlos Delgado, Blue Jays 10th Will slugger be around for rebuilding in Toronto?
OF Tim Salmon, Angels 11th Must recover from disastrous 2001.

cheeses_h_rice
03-24-2002, 03:08 PM
:hurt

No respect, Daver.

czalgosz
03-24-2002, 04:01 PM
Jeez... With the exception of Martinez and Glavine, I have clear memories of all those players as rookies. I feel old.

Hard to believe that Delgado is entering his tenth season. I still mentally put him in the "young talent" group.