PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Ball Rules poster/shirt

richdemarco
04-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi there... my first post... I'm a Sox fan from New Jersey... was wondering if there ever was any t-shirts or posters made with the Grinder Ball Rules?

Thanks!

Rich

CLR01
04-15-2007, 01:44 AM
I seem to recall posters being made for a give away but I may be just making that up in my head. It would have only been one or two rules though.

MCHSoxFan
04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I seem to recall posters being made for a give away but I may be just making that up in my head. It would have only been one or two rules though.

Yes, they did have a poster. After the winning the WS in 2005, they made a poster with the best pitchers of the each series (ALDS/ALCS/WORLD SERIES). I saw someone getting it signed at SoxFest 2006.

Rockin Robin
04-15-2007, 03:10 PM
You can't properly wear it without a hardhat/lunchpail, though...it'll just look silly

IlliniSox4Life
04-15-2007, 03:22 PM
There were posters made that were given away in small quantities, but never for sale. I'm pretty sure I remember Two by Four explaining that there was some licensing issue where they could not sell any Grinder Rule merchandise.

ilsox7
04-15-2007, 03:30 PM
There were posters made that were given away in small quantities, but never for sale. I'm pretty sure I remember Two by Four explaining that there was some licensing issue where they could not sell any Grinder Rule merchandise.

Yea. There are threads on here about this issue and 2x4 explained it clearly.

IlliniSox4Life
04-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Yea. There are threads on here about this issue and 2x4 explained it clearly.

Upon further investigation, it seems the posters they printed were given out to season ticket holders. I don't know if you had to be a full season plan holder or what, but thats who they were given out to, before the 2006 season. In order to sell them they would have to get the Sox, MLB, and the players association to sign off, as well as some other groups too probably.

edit: and for the original poster who is new, Two by Four is the guy who runs the Sox marketing campaign. He posts here occasionally, and reads the boards a lot.