PDA

View Full Version : Sosa

OEO Magglio
03-24-2002, 11:57 AM
I was watching fox sports net yesterday, and I watched the cubs season preview just to see some of the retarted things they would say about how good they think the cubs are. The stupidest thing that they said, and probably one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while, Erik Goodman, asked the cubs analyst Mike Bielacki (or something like that), so Goodman asked him on a scale 1-10 what are Sosa's changes to break the all time homerun record, and he said a 9, he said he wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 80 homeruns, that was one of the most stupidest things I have ever heard.

WinningUgly!
03-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I was watching fox sports net yesterday, and I watched the cubs season preview just to see some of the retarted things they would say about how good they think the cubs are. The stupidest thing that they said, and probably one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while, Erik Goodman, asked the cubs analyst Mike Bielacki (or something like that), so Goodman asked him on a scale 1-10 what are Sosa's changes to break the all time homerun record, and he said a 9, he said he wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 80 homeruns, that was one of the most stupidest things I have ever heard.

I'd put my money on SamME to break the all time strikeout record, before HRs.

GASHWOUND
03-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio

LOL!!! 80!?!?!?! what the hell!? That guy should be shot, only an idiot would make a statement like that. Jeez
I give SamME on a scale 1-10 to break Bond's HR record a -10, and thats not casue I'm biased or anything(even though I am) Theres no way in HELL samME will even come close. Come on, thats just crazy talk.
80?!?!?!?!??!?!?!! 80!?!?!?!
I can't get over that, 80?!

cheeses_h_rice
03-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, I think with Alou and McGriff in the lineup (are they both behind him?), you'll see Sam-ME taking a lot more big hacks, knowing that there's more than one person in the lineup capable of being a big RBI guy. And with the Bonds/Sosa tiff this offseason, I can totally see the Shaminator wanting to show up Bonds by beating his record.

Of course, the record is now 73, and Sam-ME has never hit more than 66, so he's got some work to do. He's been incredibly lucky with injuries the last 3 years, so he has to keep that streak up. Which means: no running after fly balls into the OF walls, no diving catches, no risky slides during his many, many stolen base attempts. Yep, Sam-ME will truly be that "all-around player" we've heard so much about this year!!! *****!!!

Nellie_Fox
03-25-2002, 01:24 AM
Of course he's capable of 80. Guys like Babe Ruth and Ted Williams would want to buy him dinner, remember?

kermittheefrog
03-25-2002, 01:45 AM
What kind of idiot says "I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 80 home runs" about any player? Maybe if Sosa was playing in the Pacific Coast League.

FarWestChicago
03-25-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
What kind of idiot says "I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 80 home runs" about any player? Maybe if Sosa was playing in the Pacific Coast League. Maybe he works for Sham-ME's Nadrolone supplier and saw some huge bills over the winter. :smile:

RedPinStripes
03-25-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

LOL!!! 80!?!?!?! what the hell!? That guy should be shot, only an idiot would make a statement like that. Jeez
I give SamME on a scale 1-10 to break Bond's HR record a -10, and thats not casue I'm biased or anything(even though I am) Theres no way in HELL samME will even come close. Come on, thats just crazy talk.
80?!?!?!?!??!?!?!! 80!?!?!?!
I can't get over that, 80?!

Love that sig dude!!!!!!!

Anything with 'Erik "I bleed flubbie blue" Goldman is going to be idiotic.