PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fox games

04-14-2007, 10:25 AM
even if you have extra innings will you be able to view all the games shown on FOX on saturdays, or do they restrict those games to specific regions only?

lumpyspun
04-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Fox games are blacked out on extra innings and mlb.tv.

Which is just one reason Fox sucks.

Fenway
04-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Fox demands this to protect the local ad sales in each market.

What is worse is if you are doing a local telecast and the ganme ends after 3:55 Eastern you are not allowed to do a post game show

krohnjw
04-14-2007, 11:49 AM
It is a PITA if you are out of market. I got screwed out of the Sox game the other weekend as we got Mets Braves instead and MLB.TV/EI were both blacked out :angry:

HotelWhiteSox
04-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't really get it, last year they would only let FOX televise all those games in that time period, why not just show them on MLB.tv/EI anyways, people will still see the ads :dunno:

Now they started it later, and it looks like with the earlier games they have the local broadcasts but the you're still screwed on those packages (the Sox game today may be an exception, with the circumstances? It's showing up on the Extra Inning schedule)

Fenway
04-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I wonder where Joe Buck is today as Dick Stockton doing the Boston game with McCarver

Kroozah
04-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I get the Angles and Red Saux... eh :(:

NDSox12
04-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Fox games are blacked out on extra innings and mlb.tv.

Which is just one reason Fox sucks.

I don't know if its a mistake or what, but for some reason I'm able to get all of the Fox games on MLB.TV today. I wasn't home last Saturday, so I'm not sure if that was the case last week for the Sox/Twins game.

krohnjw
04-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't know if its a mistake or what, but for some reason I'm able to get all of the Fox games on MLB.TV today. I wasn't home last Saturday, so I'm not sure if that was the case last week for the Sox/Twins game.

Last week it was blacked out...I will vouch for that :angry: Not sure what happened today.

ramblermgr9599
04-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I believe blackouts for FOX are gone on MLB.TV. MLB EI still has them and is not as good in my opinion. No KCOP, KCAL, Rogers SportsNet, OTA games are in EI but they are in MLB.TV . very frustrating.

see dbsforums.com and then go to sports section.. very good on sports on tv

getonbckthr
04-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm not actually sure why everyone despises FOX so much. They paid all that money for the exclusive rights to Saturday baseball, why should they have to share that time? As far as the market distribution I am waiting for sometime in the future where it will be FOX Saturday baseball ONDEMAND. Meaning you get the option of which you want. And once you make your selection that selection is locked in for the day, possibly even offering the option of lets say live in Arizona (I wonder who i'm talking about here :D: ) and you want the Sox games maybe you could get it setup where whenever the Sox play on FOX you automatically get their game.

Railsplitter
04-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I wonder where Joe Buck is today as Dick Stockton doing the Boston game with McCarver

If Stockton is the Number One baseball man for Fox, I'm not complaining. I think his voice in better than Buck's

MarySwiss
04-14-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm not actually sure why everyone despises FOX so much. They paid all that money for the exclusive rights to Saturday baseball, why should they have to share that time? As far as the market distribution I am waiting for sometime in the future where it will be FOX Saturday baseball ONDEMAND. Meaning you get the option of which you want. And once you make your selection that selection is locked in for the day, possibly even offering the option of lets say live in Arizona (I wonder who i'm talking about here :D: ) and you want the Sox games maybe you could get it setup where whenever the Sox play on FOX you automatically get their game.

Well, you are probably talking about me, although you could be talking about Markopat, michned, AzChisoxFan, ChickenDinner, or any number of Sox fans--of whom there are plenty--in Arizona. Not to mention longtime Sox fan bar owners who live here, buy the MLB Extra Innings package, and also hate the blackouts. And extrapolate that to the other Sox fans who don't live in Chicago or Arizona. This is a nationwide problem.

I would absolutely set up my MLB.TV like that; however, I seriously doubt that option will ever be offered--by ONDEMAND or anyone else. If I'm wrong, I will apologize. If I'm wrong.

getonbckthr
04-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Well, you are probably talking about me, although you could be talking about Markopat, michned, AzChisoxFan, ChickenDinner, or any number of Sox fans--of whom there are plenty--in Arizona. Not to mention longtime Sox fan bar owners who live here, buy the MLB Extra Innings package, and also hate the blackouts. And extrapolate that to the other Sox fans who don't live in Chicago or Arizona. This is a nationwide problem.

I would absolutely set up my MLB.TV like that; however, I seriously doubt that option will ever be offered--by ONDEMAND or anyone else. If I'm wrong, I will apologize. If I'm wrong.
Yes I was talking about you.:smile:

MarySwiss
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes I was talking about you.:smile:

And your point is/was?

I'm really not trying to pick a fight, and I am fine with Fox buying rights. They can buy all the rights they want to. This is, after all, a democracy.

My problem is, was, and will always be with them denying access to others who follow the team(s) that they are not broadcasting.

In other words--as I've said before--I don't give a rat's fat ass what game is covered by Fox. I'll watch it if I want to. But the MERE FACT that it's on Fox will absolutely not make me watch it. So what does Fox gain by blacking out all other games, other than pissing off those teams' fans?

getonbckthr
04-14-2007, 07:45 PM
And your point is/was?

I'm really not trying to pick a fight, and I am fine with Fox buying rights. They can buy all the rights they want to. This is, after all, a democracy.

My problem is, was, and will always be with them denying access to others who follow the team(s) that they are not broadcasting.

In other words--as I've said before--I don't give a rat's fat ass what game is covered by Fox. I'll watch it if I want to. But the MERE FACT that it's on Fox will absolutely not make me watch it. So what does Fox gain by blacking out all other games, other than pissing off those teams' fans?
It wasnt a comment to cause a stir, it was me pointing out you would be someone that would benefit from my idea. Damn relax don't be so uptight. You used to be cool:D:

Fenway
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
If Stockton is the Number One baseball man for Fox, I'm not complaining. I think his voice in better than Buck's

Stockton SHOULD be

When he and Hawk did Boston 1975-8 they were the best local combo in the country

SoxandtheCityTee
04-14-2007, 09:44 PM
They say there are no dumb questions, but this'll do . . .

Is the free preview of MLB Extra Innings only available to Chicagoans if your cable system is Comcast? Because I have RCN-Digital and I cannot find it anywhere in my channel line-up.

I know I don't need Extra Innings to see the White Sox, I was just curious to take a peek at this free preview.

lumpyspun
04-15-2007, 12:46 AM

You obviously realize what the problem is, b/c you offer a suggestion to fix the problem. So how could you not understand why everyone despises Fox?

They paid a lot of money to hoard baseball games and keep the Sox away from everyday fans who paid a lot of money for mlb.tv/Extra Innings. That is why they are despised.

getonbckthr
04-15-2007, 01:03 AM
You obviously realize what the problem is, b/c you offer a suggestion to fix the problem. So how could you not understand why everyone despises Fox?

They paid a lot of money to hoard baseball games and keep the Sox away from everyday fans who paid a lot of money for mlb.tv/Extra Innings. That is why they are despised.
Ok but if FOX didn't who's to say ABC/ESPN, NBC,CBS or any other network wouldn't have done the same? Bottom line this is a business lots of money involved. What did they pay like a billion dollars. Based on that yes they deserve the right to want exclusve rights to the time slot. You guys all new when you purchased the MLB.TV package that on Saturday afternoons the games would be blacked out.

Frater Perdurabo
04-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Ok but if FOX didn't who's to say ABC/ESPN, NBC,CBS or any other network wouldn't have done the same? Bottom line this is a business lots of money involved. What did they pay like a billion dollars. Based on that yes they deserve the right to want exclusve rights to the time slot. You guys all new when you purchased the MLB.TV package that on Saturday afternoons the games would be blacked out.

Please keep kittle42 away from this reply. He literally will keel over from a massive myocardial infarction.
:redneck

MarySwiss
04-15-2007, 09:36 AM
It wasnt a comment to cause a stir, it was me pointing out you would be someone that would benefit from my idea. Damn relax don't be so uptight. You used to be cool:D:

Sorry. Old age kicking in. :wink:

lumpyspun
04-15-2007, 10:05 AM

It's similar to why we all hate the Twins more than the Royals.

The Twins just happen to be good so we hate them.

Fox just happens to be the one that makes me miss a handful of Saturday games, so I hate them.

You are right, I did know before I bought mlb.tv that I will miss a handful of games, but that still doesn't make me not hate Fox.

kiddeft
04-15-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm in the NYC area and die-hard Sox fan. I have to sign up for the MLB.com premium package to watch games and I loathe the fact some games are blacked out. I don't get it. I'm paying all this money and I want to see ALL the games.

kiddeft
04-15-2007, 10:51 AM
By the way, watching Sox games on the Cleveland broadcast is excruciating! The Cleveland broadcasters are the biggest babies I've heard on air. They demean the Sox players, make excuses for the Tribe and put down the umps for calling the right plays.

chaerulez
04-15-2007, 11:09 AM
The only problem I have with the Fox thing is they make mlb.tv and EI ads kind of misleading. They say you can get the out of market games, but they should mention it's all the games except the Fox broadcasts.

chisoxkar
04-15-2007, 12:43 PM
If this question is already posted i apologize. I'm trying to watch the game today on CSN and I have Direct TV and the game is blacked out. One, is this a new rule this year that CSN games do not air on Direct TV? Two, if I purchase Extra Innings, wouldn't the local game be blacked out anyway?

krohnjw
04-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Today's game is on Extra Innings...the CSN broadcast. Yesterday's broadcast was the STO feed.