PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie looking better


RedPinStripes
03-24-2002, 07:14 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?id=282&category=1

Lets hope the era is at 4.00 at the most come game time.

WinningUgly!
03-24-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?id=282&category=1

Lets hope the era is at 4.00 at the most come game time.

Ritchie will lead the staff in wins this year. Will that be a good or bad thing?

DrCrawdad
03-24-2002, 10:40 AM
When our pitching has struggled this spring we've panicked and some have recommended patience. Well I has glad to hear that Ritchie did well yesterday. Hopefully the Sox will finish strong.

GASHWOUND
03-24-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
When our pitching has struggled this spring we've panicked and some have recommended patience. Well I has glad to hear that Ritchie did well yesterday. Hopefully the Sox will finish strong.

Panick?!?, not me :smile:

Of course Spring #'s balloon everyone's #'s. Konerko s batting .459 and he says he still needs more work! Clayton is a 18 game hitting streak! Now I know Spring balloons everyones #;s

SOXSINCE'70
03-24-2002, 11:28 AM
He seems to be getting into a groove.Let's hope he can beat Jamie Moyer's ass come April 2nd.

It's March 24th.Why does Nardi STILL have a job??

- Me

czalgosz
03-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Another one who's quietly having a good spring -

Antonio Osuna - 11 1/3 IP, 11 H, 4 ER, 5 BB, 13 K.

I haven't watched him pitch, so I don't know how "real" those numbers are, but hopefully he can finally turn into the pitcher we expected him to be when the Sox traded for him.

RichH55
03-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
When our pitching has struggled this spring we've panicked and some have recommended patience. Well I has glad to hear that Ritchie did well yesterday. Hopefully the Sox will finish strong. You mean the first few weeks of ST aren't the alpha-omega of baseball?!?!?

DrCrawdad
03-24-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
You mean the first few weeks of ST aren't the alpha-omega of baseball?!?!?

Rich, you've been the one preaching patience. I've been one hitting the panick button.

RichH55
03-25-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad


Rich, you've been the one preaching patience. I've been one hitting the panick button.


Fair enough:) As long as you are there to slap me when I start to go nuts around midseason and tell me Bull Durham-esque lines like the season is not a sprint, but a marathon, and whatnot :gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
03-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Rich, you've been the one preaching patience. I've been one hitting the panick button.

Is saying the Twins will win the Central hitting the panick button?


Guilty as charged. :o:

cheeses_h_rice
03-25-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Is saying the Twins will win the Central hitting the panick button?


Guilty as charged. :o:

Jerry, you still have 6 days to change your mind.

My deal was, the season is 162 games long. Whatever kinks the Sox pitchers have right now will be gone just a few weeks into the season. I think we'll be OK.

Jerry_Manuel
03-25-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Jerry, you still have 6 days to change your mind.


I'll stick with my prediction, but I'll gladly eat crow if the Sox win the division.

Unless, I pull a Mariotti and claim I knew they would all along. :smile:

FarWestChicago
03-25-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Unless, I pull a Mariotti and claim I knew they would all along. :smile: :fluffy

I can give you lessons. I taught that slob what little he knows.