PDA

View Full Version : C'mon guys

Rockman218
04-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Why are the top five threads in this section about the cubs? I'm sick of hearing about them.

GO SOX

anewman35
04-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Why are the top five threads in this section about the cubs? I'm sick of hearing about them.

GO SOX

This is "What's The Score". If you don't want to read about the Cubs, ignore this forum.

jabrch
04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
If you are sick of hearing about them, why start a thread about them?

soxjim
04-13-2007, 06:47 PM
This is "What's The Score". If you don't want to read about the Cubs, ignore this forum.

Thank you. You beat me to the punch.

PaulDrake
04-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I never understood all these rules and regulations about what can or can't be posted. There's a gazillion posters here, with a variety of posting styles and points of view. If you don't like someone or something here, why not just move on without the lecture.

itsnotrequired
04-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm kind of hoping the "What's The Score?" forum gets deep-sixed.

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 07:18 PM

GO SOX
Go to the Clubhouse, Parking Lot or Ticket Exchange if want respite.

Talking Baseball might have an "offensive" thread or two.......

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2007, 07:59 PM

GO SOX

I agree, Rockman. It's offensive, these Cub posts in a board specifically created to contain Cub posts. You should write a letter to City Hall or something.

TomBradley72
04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Jeez man...today was like a "Cubs Festivus for the Restivus"...Prior's owie is getting worse at AAA, Soriano is flubbing flyballs in CF, Zambrano is blowing 5 run leads to the Reds and Piniella has his first meltdown. If only a Cub player could start blaming the announcers for being too hard on them...we'll be all set.

How can you NOT post a thread or two under these perfect conditions?

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 09:39 PM
How can you NOT post a thread or two under these perfect conditions?
How? You don't have to time do so because you're busy cheering on a White Sox team that is starting to look like 2005!
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

TomBradley72
04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
How? You don't have to time do so because you're busy cheering on a White Sox team that is starting to look like 2005!
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Plenty of time for both. A few minutes enjoying the Cubs meltdown is no big deal.

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Plenty of time for both. A few minutes enjoying the Cubs meltdown is no big deal.
Quite true. Something tells me it will become a regular occurrence this year.

CanBuehrleWait
04-14-2007, 06:06 AM

GO SOX

See what you've done? As of 6am Cubs are involved in the top 8 threads here:redneck

FarWestChicago
04-14-2007, 06:39 AM

GO SOXSmart man! :thumbsup:

This is "What's The Score". If you don't want to read about the Cubs, ignore this forum.Totally clueless. :rolleyes:

I'm kind of hoping the "What's The Score?" forum gets deep-sixed.Very smart man!!! :thumbsup:

Rockman218
04-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Pale Hose conspiracies, runaway rumors and lots of Lovable Loser laments. Check your brain at the door, and "Hey dude, what's the score?"

Sorry Guys, i didn't see that part. My Bad.

UserNameBlank
04-14-2007, 11:18 AM

GO SOX
I'm glad this forum exists as the Cubs' miserable failures tend to amuse me. Watching Pinella last night really made me laugh out loud, especially after a solid Sox win over a tough division rival.

Sox fans who hate the Cubs are in for a fun season in Chicago.

**Edit: What is the over/under on how many games until Sweet Lou goes bonkers and has a tirade on the players and fans? I love Lou.

Whitesox029
04-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Getting rid of the forum won't get rid of some people's desire to talk about the Cubs anyway. These same threads will just start popping up in "Talking Baseball" or "The Parking Lot." Plus, this forum is also reserved for bogus trade talk. Where would we put our annual April 1 "Rowand back to the Sox" thread?
In any case, I don't see anything wrong with actively rooting against the Cubs. I've been doing it my whole life, and I've never gotten more joy out of a Cubs loss than a Sox win, and I never will. But that's not to say Cubs' losses (especially galling ones like yesterday's) don't give me a good chuckle. Not caring about the Cubs wouldn't make me more of a Sox fan...trust me, there's no way I could be a bigger Sox fan.

Ziggy S
04-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Getting rid of the forum won't get rid of some people's desire to talk about the Cubs anyway. These same threads will just start popping up in "Talking Baseball" or "The Parking Lot." Plus, this forum is also reserved for bogus trade talk. Where would we put our annual April 1 "Rowand back to the Sox" thread?

Well, if that's the case I have breaking news. The Sox will get Ichiro by the trading deadline or will sign him to a deal in the offseason.

HotelWhiteSox
04-14-2007, 12:08 PM

Posts like this confuse me more than an obsession with the Cubs? It can disappear in a second, just don't click on it :dunno:

itsnotrequired
04-14-2007, 12:11 PM
In any case, I don't see anything wrong with actively rooting against the Cubs. I've been doing it my whole life, and I've never gotten more joy out of a Cubs loss than a Sox win, and I never will. But that's not to say Cubs' losses (especially galling ones like yesterday's) don't give me a good chuckle. Not caring about the Cubs wouldn't make me more of a Sox fan...trust me, there's no way I could be a bigger Sox fan.

Posts like this confuse me more than an obsession with the Cubs? It can disappear in a second, just don't click on it :dunno:

I stand by my statement.

Dan Mega
04-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Seconded. Make Cubsession illegal.:cool:

CLR01
04-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I never understood all these rules and regulations about what can or can't be posted. There's a gazillion posters here, with a variety of posting styles and points of view. If you don't like someone or something here, why not just move on without the lecture.

So why this post? Got to love the move on and don't lecture us lecture.

goon
04-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm a baseball fan and am not going to ignore the other professional baseball team in Chicago just because I don't like them. Especially now, considering the outrageous offseason they just had. Plus, watching the Cubs on WGN gives me a chance to see NL teams that I don't get to see with Sox games.

The best analogy I can think of is this: I'm also a huge Bears fan, but when the Packers are on TV, I'll watch, just out of love for the sport.