PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Meltdown today

Bruizer
04-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Had a 5-0 lead in the fifth. They've given up six runs so far in the fifth with no outs. Three walks and a hit batter.

Bru

CHISOXFAN13
04-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for jinxing it! Wuertz has struck out consecutive hitters and the Cubs are about to avoid more damage.

Edit: Make it the side.

INSox56
04-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah dude you really jinxed it. Actually, it was changing to ANYONE BUT OHMAN that did it. Hopefully that jackass will still be around when we play the scrubs. AWWW-MANNNNNNNNNNNN! Cy Zambrano has given up 14 in 15 innings now. HAH

Bruizer
04-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for jinxing it! Wuertz has struck out consecutive hitters and the Cubs are about to avoid more damage.

Edit: Make it the side.

They don't need me to jinx it to stop doing what they do. :redneck

JermaineDye05
04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
oh sweet Karma. I believe Zambrano said "I don't say the Brewers are nothing but I think the Cincinnatti Reds have a better offense then them." Although it was more insulting to the Brewers I'm sure the Reds took offense to that as well. Karma, gotta love it :cool:.

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Bru: Slow day today? Could not find something better to do with your time?:wink:
Everyone else: What's this "jinx" talk? Isn't "jinx" another word for "curse?" Two words which are not in the White Sox vocabulary.

Bruizer
04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Bru: Slow day today? Could not find something better to do with your time?:wink:

I'm at work....:whiner:

whitem0nkey
04-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Im watching the game also it was in interesting inning. neal cotts will be in soon. looking forward to see how he does. Zambrono is so good and then he gets flustered a bit and looses it. If he continues to pitch like he did the first 3 games he will loose a lot of money.

also i think lou did a bad job, when he took Z out, in that situation you should bring in the better of the 2 pitchers warming up. Weurtz > Ohman. also he did not go talk to Z to buy some time for his pitchers warming up.

And with Z out, they lost a bat in the line up he had a double and a HR today.

soxjim
04-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Did Zambrano have a meltdown on the mound as well?

spiffie
04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Im watching the game also it was in interesting inning. neal cotts will be in soon. looking forward to see how he does. Zambrono is so good and then he gets flustered a bit and looses it. If he continues to pitch like he did the first 3 games he will loose a lot of money.

also i think lou did a bad job, when he took Z out, in that situation you should bring in the better of the 2 pitchers warming up. Weurtz > Ohman. also he did not go talk to Z to buy some time for his pitchers warming up.

And with Z out, they lost a bat in the line up he had a double and a HR today.
I was curious to see if the Cubs fans were as happy with Cotts as we currently are with the Dreat Pirate AAAAARRRRRdsma. It doesn't look like it:

Neal Cotts is behind (Wuertz), and that's like putting out a fire with an a-bomb.

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Over or Under May 1st when the fans start to turn on the team (given they continue to play the kind of baseball they have been)

I give it till April 27th myself, just because it's my birthday :smile:

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I was curious to see if the Cubs fans were as happy with Cotts as we currently are with the Dreat Pirate AAAAARRRRRdsma. It doesn't look like it:

:rolling: :rolling: Did they really not see this coming when they looked at their pitching staff on opening day?

Uncle_Patrick
04-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I haven't been following the game...is Zambrano on the hook for the loss, should the Cubs lose (or loose, as some people like to say)?

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Sounds like they are already done with Soriano too

2 weeks into an 8 year deal, I can conclude that Soriano is a BUST :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Over or Under May 1st when the fans start to turn on the team (given they continue to play the kind of baseball they have been)

I give it till April 27th myself, just because it's my birthday :smile:
Too late. The Cub ST holder in my office told me on his way out "I can't until next year!"

04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Cotts has a 0.00 ERA and pitched another scoreless inning today for them.

That being said, he is no Aaaarrrrrrdsssma!

FielderJones
04-13-2007, 04:39 PM
I haven't been following the game...is Zambrano on the hook for the loss, should the Cubs lose (or loose, as some people like to say)?

Zambrano gave up all six (http://sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/live/MLB_20070413_CIN@CHC) runs, so he is on the hook.

Iwritecode
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Everyone else: What's this "jinx" talk? Isn't "jinx" another word for "curse?" Two words which are not in the White Sox vocabulary.

Jenks is in the vocabulary. It was probably just a spelling mistake. :wink:

Uncle_Patrick
04-13-2007, 04:58 PM

:rolleyes:

Not a surprise. For the amount of money they are paying Soriano, I knew the fans would turn on him pretty quickly if didn't have an expectionally stellar start to the season.

Jaffar
04-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I didn't realize Soriano was having such a cold start. Hopefully for his sake he doesn't take his struggles onto the field with him. If this keeps up the fans and the media will be coming down on that team so hard and fast.

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 05:14 PM
I didn't realize Soriano was having such a cold start. Hopefully for his sake he doesn't take his struggles onto the field with him. If this keeps up the fans and the media will be coming down on that team so hard and fast.
It appears the fans already are.

This team is a joke.
The Cubs should rip up Soriano's contract if he doesn't hit a homerun this inning.
i hate the cubs.
I haven't been happy with Lou's managing so far.

Wow, and I thought we had some dark clouds. Someone needs to talk them off the ledge and it's only April

Hitmen77
04-13-2007, 05:16 PM
The Trib's "from the cubicle" of this game has a funny line:

Cotts, Howry and now Eyre. Pitching for the Cubs in about three years: Jose Contreras.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cubicle/cs-070413cubscubicle,1,2187132.column?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

Uncle_Patrick
04-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Wow, and I thought we had some dark clouds. Someone needs to talk them off the ledge and it's only April

That website is an angry place.

HotelWhiteSox
04-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Looks like plenty of empty seats when the camera pans. That won't stop Kasper and his attendance number, I think he said 'in the park right now', yeah right. And what's with the people decked out in blankets, it's over 50 today

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 05:23 PM
That website is an angry place.
Tell me about it. If people here started acting like that I wouldn't be able to take it. Sure we have our dark clouds but I've never seen anyone say "I hate the white sox"

Bruizer
04-13-2007, 05:28 PM
See, I didn't jinx them. :?:

Bru :cool:

VenturaFan23
04-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by NSBB fan
The Cubs should rip up Soriano's contract if he doesn't hit a homerun this inning.

:rolling:

soxjim
04-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Lets go batter up we're taking the century off.

gobears1987
04-13-2007, 05:39 PM
A bunch of my fraternity brothers are at the game. I'm part of AEPi, North America's Jewish Fraternity, so a good amount of the brothers are from Cincinnati. Despite being close to Chicago, we have more Red fans than Cub fans in it.

The Immigrant
04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
From Rahula Strohl's (From the Cubicle) recap:

Final thoughts: Len: "If you take away that fifth inning, the Cubs gave up one hit." Unfortunately, it counts. If you take away the eighth inning of Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS, the Cubs won the National League pennant that year. If you take away Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, the Bulls never would have won an NBA title. And if you take away Chip Caray, well, you know what happens.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cubicle/cs-070413cubscubicle,1,2187132.column?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

dcb56
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
LOL, Sour Lou just blew up in the postgame conference. He looks waaaaaayyyyy to angry and frustrated for only the 9th game of the season.

DickAllen72
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
LOL, Sour Lou just blew up in the postgame conference. He looks waaaaaayyyyy to angry and frustrated for only the 9th game of the season.

I always liked Lou. Too bad he had to end up with the Cubs. Poor guy.

Cuck the Fubs
04-13-2007, 05:47 PM

That press confrence was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 games in in Lou already wants to wack somebody......this is going to be a great source of entertainment all season long!

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I always liked Lou. Too bad he had to end up with the Cubs. Poor guy.
Reporter: "Lou, what do think isn't working..."

Lou: "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK ISN'T WORKING?!? YOU SAW THE DAMN GAME!!!"

Ohhhh the joy :redneck

Bruizer
04-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Looks like he was leaving Z in to try and pick up the win. He should have taken him out sooner.

Bru

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Looks like he was leaving Z in to try and pick up the win. He should have taken him out sooner.

Bru
He only pitched 4 innings. When your bullpen is as bad as theirs is you have no choice but to hope your ace works out of the jam. Look what happened when Lou did take out Zambrano. Ohman walks 2 runs home

Bruizer
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
He only pitched 4 innings. When your bullpen is as bad as theirs is you have no choice but to hope your ace works out of the jam. Look what happened when Lou did take out Zambrano. Ohman walks 2 runs home

Yeah, but Z clearly lost it. 4 runs in, bases loaded, no outs before Lou pulled him.

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but Z clearly lost it. 4 runs in, bases loaded, no outs before Lou pulled him.
True. It's a lose-lose situation. If he'd of pulled Zambrano everyone would be screaming that the bullpen gave up the runs and that Zambrano could have pitched out of it.

JB98
04-13-2007, 06:00 PM

I'd be pretty pissed too if my team hadn't won a World Series in 99 years. :D:

jenn2080
04-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I give it until mid May and fans will be throwing trash out on the field again.

Stupid Z screwed my fantasy team this week. :angry: :angry:

300 Mil and they could not even get a decent bullpen arm this year. :rolleyes:

jenn2080
04-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I'd be pretty pissed too if my team hadn't won a World Series in 99 years. :D:

Maybe they can raise a flag for that :redneck

JB98
04-13-2007, 06:03 PM

300 Mil and they could not even get a decent bullpen arm this year. :rolleyes:

I've introduced a "No Cubs" rule for my fantasy team. Anyone who puts on that uniform automatically gets injured or goes down the crapper.

At any rate, if you guessed "Game 9" for the first Piniella meltdown, you are a winner!

jenn2080
04-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I've introduced a "No Cubs" rule for my fantasy team. Anyone who puts on that uniform automatically gets injured or goes down the crapper.

At any rate, if you guessed "Game 9" for the first Piniella meltdown, you are a winner!

He is gonna get arrested by All Star break for attacking a player. :tongue:

Baby Fisk
04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Reporter: "Lou, what do think isn't working..."

Lou: "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK ISN'T WORKING?!? YOU SAW THE DAMN GAME!!!"

Ohhhh the joy :redneck

The Germans call it "schadenfreude."

JB98
04-13-2007, 06:07 PM

He is gonna get arrested by All Star break for attacking a player. :tongue:

Didn't Piniella and Dibble rumble back in the early '90s with Cincinnati? I could very easily see him getting into it with a hot-head like Zambrano.....

FireMariotti
04-13-2007, 06:11 PM
:rolling::rolling: Just saw Sweet Lou's press conference on sportscenter. Amazing!

I don't even think Lee Elia blew up this early in the year.

I don't care to talk about the Cubs very often, but I kinda feel bad for Lou. Did he really think he could win on the northside?

jenn2080
04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
:rolling::rolling: Just saw Sweet Lou's press conference on sportscenter. Amazing!

I don't even think Lee Elia blew up this early in the year.

I don't care to talk about the Cubs very often, but I kinda feel bad for Lou. Did he really think he could win on the northside?

They all do. Lou has to be kicking himself for taking that job.

thedudeabides
04-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Didn't Piniella and Dibble rumble back in the early '90s with Cincinnati? I could very easily see him getting into it with a hot-head like Zambrano.....

That's awesome!!!! :rolling:

His postgame was fantastic.

Fuller_Schettman
04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Bill Parcells is just licking his chops at a chance to jump on this Merry-Go-Down!

hawkjt
04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Mt. St. Pinella is ready to blow, baby.

my personal fav quote today?

'' and then we bring in a reliever that throws 40 ft curves; I am starting to see why this team never won anything around here!! ''

Gonna be a long hot summer on the north side, uncle lou.

HotelWhiteSox
04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
He still seems kind of fake to me, like he's going through the motions, doing an 'outburst' because he's expected to, next will be one on the field.

Seemed to throw his reliever under the bus too, Ozzie got ripped a new one for chewing out one of his relievers

DoItForDanPasqua
04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
That's awesome!!!! :rolling:

His postgame was fantastic.

Damn it, I missed it and I can't find it on the web. Does anyone have a link?

twentywontowin
04-13-2007, 06:40 PM
I missed the press conference, so I am here for the Youtube link when available. :D:

soxjim
04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Classic! From 30 foot curves;to you saw the damn game what do you think went wrong!

Dick Allen
04-13-2007, 07:13 PM

300 Mil and they could not even get a decent bullpen arm this year. :rolleyes:That sounds good, that's when the Sox visit the Urinal.

LongLiveFisk
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Tell me about it. If people here started acting like that I wouldn't be able to take it. Sure we have our dark clouds but I've never seen anyone say "I hate the white sox"

That's true....usually their fans just say, "God hates the Cubs." :redneck

FireMariotti
04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm watching Comcast right now (don't get the game down here in Champaign), and they commented on Sweet Lou yelling at the "most annoying reporter in Chicago". Does anyone know who that reporter was?

jabrch
04-13-2007, 07:59 PM
They all do. Lou has to be kicking himself for taking that job.

All the way to the bank...

itsnotrequired
04-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm watching Comcast right now (don't get the game down here in Champaign), and they commented on Sweet Lou yelling at the "most annoying reporter in Chicago". Does anyone know who that reporter was?

Too many to chose from.

:redneck

whitem0nkey
04-13-2007, 09:04 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070413cubsaudio,1,3357511.mp3file?coll=cs-home-headlines

enjoy, I know i did!

eastchicagosoxfan
04-13-2007, 09:08 PM

Please, please, give me a link.

It's still early in the season, but from what I understand, the Cubs haven't played good baseball yet this year. And now there is a rumor that Ramirez could be headed to the DL.

TomBradley72
04-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Who'd have guessed Lou's first meltdown would occur while there's still snow on the ground... :cool:

cws05champ
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
The play that seemed to upset Zambrano in the fifth came after Juan Castro began with a single. Pinch-hitter Chad Moeller then parachuted a ball toward center field that fell between second baseman Ronny Cedeno and center fielder Alfonso Soriano, who had broken back at first.

"Nobody catches it, [they] make the big effort," Zambrano said. "You have to pick up your team. It was my mistake and I just have to learn from this."

This is what I have been telling Cubs fans this whole offseason. With Soriano in center, these types of things that never show up in the box score or defensive stats are going to kill the Cubs this year. Soriano is learning how to play CF in Wrigley on a team that is hoping to contend...that's tough.

If Z blows up everytime Soriano misplays a ball, it's going to be a long season for them!

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Please, please, give me a link.

It's still early in the season, but from what I understand, the Cubs haven't played good baseball yet this year. And now there is a rumor that Ramirez could be headed to the DL.

Lou's Meltdown (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270413116)

Play the video on the page. It's after the hilights

PaulDrake
04-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Lets go batter up we're taking the century off. LOL. Very clever, I can hear the music now.

oeo
04-13-2007, 11:31 PM

:rolleyes:

A lot of Flub fans discounted bad defense in centerfield, saying it wouldn't be a big problem. He's terrible out there...I'd take Mackowiak in center over Soriano.

Lou's explosion was awesome, though. :roflmao:

I knew it would take till about mid April before he stopped the giddy bull****.

lakeviewsoxfan
04-13-2007, 11:43 PM
I love it, Watch the Cubs flounder as usual and Sweet Lou will be back home in Tampa come October 3rd for good. The 40 ft. curveball quote was classic.

Irishsox1
04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Classic Lou! When is he going to throw first base into right field?

DrCrawdad
04-14-2007, 12:37 AM
:rolling: :rolling: Did they really not see this coming when they looked at their pitching staff on opening day?

Towards the end of spring training I had a Cub fan friend calling me bragging about how good the Cubs were going to be and how the Sox were going to be crappy.

I admitted that the Cubs could do well in the NL Central and that their offense was going to be potentially potent. I said that their weaknesses were the pitching (starters and bullpen). I also said that their defense was going to hurt them as their catcher, 3B, LF, CF, RF were all below average fielders. They don't even have one strong outfielder on their team.

The other night when the Sox lost in Oakland, several Sox fans (ok, me included) were complaining about leaving Pods in LF in the 9th. Well, who on the Cubbies is the late inning defensive replacement? Cliff Floyd? Matt Murton? NOT!

eastchicagosoxfan
04-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Lou's Meltdown (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270413116)

Play the video on the page. It's after the hilights
Thank you WizardsofOzzie.
To Lou Pinella, the Cubs haven't begun to scratch the surface in demonstrating to you how they lose ballgames.

Realistically, one game doesn't make a season, but if you look for consistecies on that team, they're all negative, up to now.
Will Ohman be sent down?

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-14-2007, 07:48 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1479418#post1479418

I saw the meltdown, and couldn't remember what date I thought he'd snap for sure.
I said 3rd week of April, and man was I close......

In his defense, the reporters are now going to goad him every time there's a press conference.

LongLiveFisk
04-14-2007, 10:54 AM
I actually thought we might see something like this, but not until about May or June. Looks like we're way ahead of schedule. At least Lee Elia waited until late April before he freaked out!

Bobapples1993
04-21-2007, 09:59 AM

Dude, they were joking. :rolleyes: