PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Baserunning by the D-Rays.

Jurr
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Joe Nathan's pitching in the ninth. With no outs, he gives up a single. Up steps Carl Crawford, who blasts one into right field. Away he goes. Zobrist, the lead runner, holds up at third while Crawford just keeps on running past second. Crawford's at third now, but the lead runner is barely off of third.

This Zobrist kid now has to get into a rundown, just to keep a runner on third with 1 out. He's tagged out in the "pickle". However, instead of staying on third, Crawford has been heading back to second!!!!! Mauer tags out Zobrist and throws it to second to get Crawford. A groundout by Wiggington ends the inning.

Then, Morneau hits a first pitch walk off bomb.

I hate the Twins, and I hate the D-Rays for being so damn stupid. They came back to tie the game, then have Nathan on the ropes, only to let him off the hook. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!:angry:

PeteWard
04-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I really dont want to get too caught up in the other teams this early, but god that is just a sickening series of events.

Jjav829
04-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I was watching as that occured. Just awful baserunning by Crawford. It's one thing to forget the guy in front of you doesn't have the same kind of speed, but once you screw up, you have to stay at 3rd base, not retreat to 2nd. :?:

And then Crawford barely misses bringing back Morneau's homer. Tough ending for Crawford.

BringBackBlkJack
04-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Joe Nathan's pitching in the ninth. With no outs, he gives up a single. Up steps Carl Crawford, who blasts one into right field. Away he goes. Zobrist, the lead runner, holds up at third while Crawford just keeps on running past second. Crawford's at third now, but the lead runner is barely off of third.

This Zobrist kid now has to get into a rundown, just to keep a runner on third with 1 out. He's tagged out in the "pickle". However, instead of staying on third, Crawford has been heading back to second!!!!! Mauer tags out Zobrist and throws it to second to get Crawford. A groundout by Wiggington ends the inning.

I hate the Twins, and I hate the D-Rays for being so damn stupid. They came back to tie the game, then have Nathan on the ropes, only to let him off the hook. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!:angry:

I was watching this on mlb.tv and i almost threw up. I'm sure there are plenty of little league teams with better baserunning fundamentals than that. Pathetic.

sox1970
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I was watching as that occured. Just awful baserunning by Crawford. It's one thing to forget the guy in front of you doesn't have the same kind of speed, but once you screw up, you have to stay at 3rd base, not retreat to 2nd. :?:

And then Crawford barely misses bringing back Morneau's homer. Tough ending for Crawford.

I think Tampa should immediately trade Crawford to the White Sox after that display. He has to go.

veeter
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
In the 8th the Rays roughed up Rincon for 2 runs and had 1st and 3rd w/ one out. Then proceeded to not score anymore. They gave the Twins that game. It's no secret why they suck. A lot of talent, but no heads.

doublem23
04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
The D-Rays have a tremendous collection of athletes but they still have very few ball players... Though I'm surprised to see Carl Crawford in the center of this mess, but then again, no one's perfect, especially if you play for Tampa Bay.

Tragg
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Devil Rays will be Devil Rays.

thomas35forever
04-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Devil Rays will be Devil Rays.
Truer words were never spoken.

Brian26
04-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Insert Vance Law for Zobrist and Jerry Dybzinski for Crawford, and you have a nice memory.

balke
04-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah i just got back from a sports bar and watched this happen... unbelievable.

WhiteSox5187
04-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Insert Vance Law for Zobrist and Jerry Dybzinski for Crawford, and you have a nice memory.
That's exactly what I was thinking. :angry: :angry: :angry:

INSox56
04-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Did Zobrist get the hold from the 3B coach? I saw the last part of this on BBTN and could barely hear the announcers in-game say that Crawford easily had a triple there.

Bump34
04-13-2007, 11:10 AM

It brought back that memory for me too... It was one of the most bizarre plays I have ever watched...:angry: :angry: :angry:

Bump34
04-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Did Zobrist get the hold from the 3B coach? I saw the last part of this on BBTN and could barely hear the announcers in-game say that Crawford easily had a triple there.

With nobody on... it would have been an easy triple for Crawford... but Zobrist did get the stop sign at 3rd... he had no chance of scoring... the only problem was Crawford was running with his head down... his words... and did not see Zobrist stopped at 3rd...

Cuck_The_Fubs
04-13-2007, 11:29 AM

That sucks. Last year, the only positive TB had winning for them was their baserunning. It's such a bummer that they blow their constant fundamental baserunning against the Twins. Goddamn Twins, i hate them so much!

cwsfannick
04-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Problem was Crawford didn't even try to pick up his third base coach. He just had is head down and kept running. I don't think he realized Zobrist was at third until he met him at the base. Then to compound the situation he didn't even try to hustle back to second. If you are going to make a mistake at least show some effort.

DumpJerry
04-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, it looks like Carl redeemed himself tonight. Inside the park home run!

Fenway
04-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Nick Carfado on NESN said it was the worst he has ever seen