PDA

View Full Version : White Sox June

JermaineDye05
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Well I was just looking at the White Sox schedule seeing the road we have ahead of us, and after I saw the month of June I really got excited. Although it's a while down the road I'm really optimistic about it since it seems like if the race happens to be as tight as I expect it, June could be the month for us to pull ahead.

June Schedule:

3 @ TOR
4 VS. NYY
3 VS. HOU
3 @ PHI
3 @ PIT
3 VS. FLA
3 VS. Cubs
4 @ TB
2 @ KC

With the acception of the Yankees series majority of our ball games will be against mediocre-bad ball clubs. Even though the D-Rays play us hard if we can happen to change our luck in TB as we did in Oakland I think this could be a very big month for the team.

Brian26
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
4 @ TB
2 @ KC

With the acception of the Yankees series majority of our ball games will be against mediocre-bad ball clubs.

Maybe I'm exaggerating slightly, but it seems like every time I've ever seen something like that written or said since about the year 2000, the Sox will end up going 1-5 or 2-4 on a six game stretch versus KC and TB. I have more faith in the Sox sweeping the Yankees than Tampa Bay.

JohnTucker0814
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Well I was just looking at the White Sox schedule seeing the road we have ahead of us, and after I saw the month of June I really got excited. Although it's a while down the road I'm really optimistic about it since it seems like if the race happens to be as tight as I expect it, June could be the month for us to pull ahead.

June Schedule:

3 @ TOR
4 VS. NYY
3 VS. HOU
3 @ PHI
3 @ PIT
3 VS. FLA
3 VS. Cubs
4 @ TB
2 @ KC

With the acception of the Yankees series majority of our ball games will be against mediocre-bad ball clubs. Even though the D-Rays play us hard if we can happen to change our luck in TB as we did in Oakland I think this could be a very big month for the team.

It's not the most difficult month in the world, at least we don't play the Twins or Angels. However, NYY, PHI, CHC, FLA... not bad teams... KC, TB always play us well... it could very well be a long month because these are games we "should" win and if we don't win them, it will be more defeating!

sox1970
04-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Maybe I'm exaggerating slightly, but it seems like every time I've ever seen something like that written or said since about the year 2000, the Sox will end up going 1-5 or 2-4 on a six game stretch versus KC and TB. I have more faith in the Sox sweeping the Yankees than Tampa Bay.

Agreed. Every game is tough to win. Period.

slobes
04-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Sadly this is tremendously true.

FireMariotti
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM

Well, acceptance is the first step towards getting on with your life.:tongue:

Honestly, it looks like June could be a great month for White Sox baseball. Let's hope that the boys don't decide to play down to their competition's level. It's happened before.

Cuck_The_Fubs
04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm not sold on this conclusion just yet. I want to see what kind of ballclub we have at-hand first.

UserNameBlank
04-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I agree and I also think it is kind of strange that the 2005 Sox handled Detroit, who was a decent all around team despite their record, and the 2006 Sox pretty much owned them, yet when Detroit sucked the Sox couldn't do a damn thing against them.

stillz
04-12-2007, 11:29 PM
We'll get to see Rowand and Thomas play. That's cool.

Cuck_The_Fubs
04-13-2007, 10:37 AM
We'll get to see Rowand and Thomas play. That's cool.
Unfortunately, Thomas is just like Torii Hunter when we face him:(:

the gooch
04-13-2007, 11:26 AM
That's also when all our division rivals will be playing NL opponents. Don't expect to pull away from the pack in June. All AL Central teams will win a lot that month.