PDA

View Full Version : Hurt in a Jays Uniform

Jurr
04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I am watching Frank up to bat in the seventh against the Tigers. He's fighting off pitches, using that great eye, and giving the pitcher that scowl. Ooh..he struck out looking on a great pitch.

Anyway, I just realized how sick it makes me to watch our boy in some other team's drab uniform. It's like watching your mother make out with some random guy. I can't stand it. It makes me sick. Come back, Frank! (But only at a decent price!)

JermaineDye05
04-12-2007, 08:33 PM
I felt the same way about seeing Aaron in Phillies red.

Fenway
04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
sadly today you root for the laundry not the player :(:

SoxxoS
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
I was just about to write the same thing about Alan Embree

CLR01
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Frank's not on the team anymore. Place your threads in the correct forum.

thomas35forever
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Frank will always be my favorite player, but there just wasn't a place for him on the team anymore. We have to move on and await his HOF induction in a Sox cap.

FarWestChicago
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Anyway, I just realized how sick it makes me to watch our boy in some other team's drab uniform.It's a whole lot better than seeing him in a scum laden A's uniform. The Jays aren't the Mecca of 'roids. Frank didn't need to be associated with that crap.

UserNameBlank
04-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I know it has nothing to so with the Sox, but when Big Franks gets to 497 or 498 I would love to see the Sox broadcasts cut to Frank's AB's. Obviously, you wouldn't want to take the Sox game out of the picture, but I think it would be cool to see a little picture-in-picture thing during Sox games.

I know that will not happen, but at the very least I hope the Sox celebrate Frank's 500th homer at the ballpark and pay tribute to his accomplishments on the broadcast. He is going into the Hall wearing the black and white, and despite the BS KW-Big Frank war of words, the Sox owe it to their fans to treat that #500 as a part of their own team history.

Just wondering, but has any team ever initiated a short-term trade for a milestone? Like, let's say the Sox send a few million and an organizational prospect to Toronto when Frank is at 499, have Frank DH here until he hits 500, then ship him back to Toronto for a low level minor leaguer? I guess I'm just living in a fantasy world, but Frank is the greatest Sox player in my lifetime and it sucks he is going to do this somewhere else.

oeo
04-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I know it has nothing to so with the Sox, but when Big Franks gets to 497 or 498 I would love to see the Sox broadcasts cut to Frank's AB's. Obviously, you wouldn't want to take the Sox game out of the picture, but I think it would be cool to see a little picture-in-picture thing during Sox games.

I know that will not happen, but at the very least I hope the Sox celebrate Frank's 500th homer at the ballpark and pay tribute to his accomplishments on the broadcast. He is going into the Hall wearing the black and white, and despite the BS KW-Big Frank war of words, the Sox owe it to their fans to treat that #500 as a part of their own team history.

Just wondering, but has any team ever initiated a short-term trade for a milestone? Like, let's say the Sox send a few million and an organizational prospect to Toronto when Frank is at 499, have Frank DH here until he hits 500, then ship him back to Toronto for a low level minor leaguer? I guess I'm just living in a fantasy world, but Frank is the greatest Sox player in my lifetime and it sucks he is going to do this somewhere else.

The Sox will pay tribute to him when his number is retired and again when he gets his own statue. I don't think a tribute for his 500th homerun is necessary.

WhiteSox5187
04-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Well...didn't Roland Heymond almost take Fergie Jenkins away from the Cubs as he was on the cusp of three hundred wins and instead took Tom Seaver? Does that sound about right?

Steelrod
04-13-2007, 04:39 AM

You need to move on.

IlliniSox4Life
04-13-2007, 04:46 AM

I love Frank and I wish he was still with the team in some capacity, but I'm sorry, that's the worst idea I've ever heard.

soxfan13
04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
The Sox will pay tribute to him when his number is retired and again when he gets his own statue. I don't think a tribute for his 500th homerun is necessary.

Exactly, sorry to let some of you folks know but hes been gone 2 years now. Its time to move on. He will get all his due props when he retires.

ILuvThatDuck
04-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Exactly, sorry to let some of you folks know but hes been gone 2 years now. Its time to move on. He will get all his due props when he retires.

You are so anti-Frank. :angry:

soxfan13
04-13-2007, 09:17 AM
You are so anti-Frank. :angry:

Why am I so anti Frank? Because I am focused on who is actually STILL on the team.

soxinem1
04-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Well...didn't Roland Heymond almost take Fergie Jenkins away from the Cubs as he was on the cusp of three hundred wins and instead took Tom Seaver? Does that sound about right?

He actually took Steve Mura after Dallas Green had a cow. It was the next year Seaver was taken.

I remember BAL getting Tim Raines for a week after Tim raines, Jr. was called up, but nothing as melodramatic as getting Frank for a hit.

TomBradley72
04-13-2007, 09:31 AM

:bong:

Juice16
04-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Why am I so anti Frank? Because I am focused on who is actually STILL on the team.

Oh boy, here we go...... because it is impossible to focus on the current team and still care about the former players we grew up with.

soxfan13
04-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Oh boy, here we go...... because it is impossible to focus on the current team and still care about the former players we grew up with.

No , it gets a little old, with alot of hypocrites here that would be the first to rip on a Rowand poster but its ok to keep constantly posting about Frank. Yes Frank was the greatest hitter in a Sox uniform and isnt even in the same universe in being compared to Rowand. I am just looking for some consistency here. Thats all.

ILuvThatDuck
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
No , it gets a little old, with alot of hypocrites here that would be the first to rip on a Rowand poster but its ok to keep constantly posting about Frank. Yes Frank was the greatest hitter in a Sox uniform and isnt even in the same universe in being compared to Rowand. I am just looking for some consistency here. Thats all.

Let me know how that works out for you.

SoxyStu
04-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Frank's not on the team anymore. Place your threads in the correct forum.

While I agree with you, I could easily see how someone might be confused with the picture of Frank showcasing The Clubhouse. Maybe it's time he be put to rest?

soxfan13
04-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Let me know how that works out for you.

:tongue:

ND_Sox_Fan
04-13-2007, 11:13 AM
While I agree with you, I could easily see how someone might be confused with the picture of Frank showcasing The Clubhouse. Maybe it's time he be put to rest?

I vote that the picture stays.

I also don't mind the idea of a small congratulatory gesture, if Frank has hit #500 by the end of July.

Statistical milestones are few and far between in Sox history ... I wouldn't mind the Sox trying to grab onto a piece of this one.

Baby Fisk
04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Another player wearing a Jays uniform this year is Royce Clayton (starting SS). I recall there was some fractious friction between Clayton and the Big Hurt during their days with the Sox. Does anyone remember the details?

Uncle_Patrick
04-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Another player wearing a Jays uniform this year is Royce Clayton (starting SS). I recall there was some fractious friction between Clayton and the Big Hurt during their days with the Sox. Does anyone remember the details?
Wasn't the Choice involved with Frank's ex or something like that?

UserNameBlank
04-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I love Frank and I wish he was still with the team in some capacity, but I'm sorry, that's the worst idea I've ever heard.
You're just mad because you didn't think of it first.

SoxyStu
04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
I vote that the picture stays.

I also don't mind the idea of a small congratulatory gesture, if Frank has hit #500 by the end of July.

Statistical milestones are few and far between in Sox history ... I wouldn't mind the Sox trying to grab onto a piece of this one.

I wasn't putting it to a vote, but I'm happy you voiced your opinion; you make great points and I imagine you are not the only one who feels/thinks this way. I am not disrespecting any of his accomplishments or taking anything away from his glorious career as a sox; he was a great pleasure to watch. At the same time, this will be the second year he's not been with us; let's move on. As a mod said, "he's not on the team anymore."

TDog
04-13-2007, 12:12 PM
sadly today you root for the laundry not the player :(:

Not true. I've contuned to root for the White Sox even after numerous uniform changes.

Yes, Steelrod, I have moved on.

wassagstdu
04-14-2007, 06:48 AM
I was flipping past the Tigers Jays game last night and stopped to watch Thomas bat in the bottom of the ninth in a 1-1 gem. He popped out foul to start a 1-2-3 ninth. Glad I stayed for the tenth though. It was beautiful. Check it out if you have mlb.tv. An infield hit, two perfect bunts for hits, and a sac fly. That's how you win a game when your bats have been frozen all night.

IndianWhiteSox
04-14-2007, 10:15 AM

That would happen around the same time that KW decides to resign. I mean, I love Big Frank and I still have his poster, plaque and signed baseball of his hung up in my room in America, but that wouldn't happen. Now if the Sox wanted to bring him in for the 2010 season when he hits 700th HR, that would be a different story.

UserNameBlank
04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
That would happen around the same time that KW decides to resign. I mean, I love Big Frank and I still have his poster, plaque and signed baseball of his hung up in my room in America, but that wouldn't happen. Now if the Sox wanted to bring him in for the 2010 season when he hits 700th HR, that would be a different story.
I hope that by 2010 KW and Big Frank can play nice together.

areilly
04-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I hope that by 2010 KW and Big Frank can play nice together.

I hope that by 2010 people stop clamoring for the Sox to make nonsensical roster moves in the name of nostalgia.

UserNameBlank
04-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I hope that by 2010 people stop clamoring for the Sox to make nonsensical roster moves in the name of nostalgia.
Hello, Kenny. Nice to finally meet you.