PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

BoozeSlut
03-23-2002, 10:59 PM
After visiting this site for a year, I finally registered. My family goes back at least 3 generations in Chicago and I was born there. My latest journey has me in San Diego. I have been a Sox fan since I was collecting baseball cards in Naperville in 1974.
Looking forward to getting to know all the members posts I have enjoyed reading.
I would appreciate someone letting me know how to insert a picture in the signature area, for now I just stuck in a Monty Python quote.
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I found this interesting...

Latest Update
Mar. 19, 2002 - 11:43 a.m.
Yes, the Marlins need a shortstop, and yes, Expos SS Brandon Phillips is a gifted prospect, but why are the Fish entertaining offers for Penny? Starting pitching is the Marlins' strength. Penny was their most consistent starter last season, finishing 10-10 with a 3.69 ERA. (Ken Rosenthal/TSN)

:gulp:

FarWestChicago
03-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Welcome to WSI, Booze! :gulp:

What picture do you want in your signature? I'll set it up.

Jjav829
03-23-2002, 11:07 PM
Welcome to WSI :gulp: !

Chisox_cali
03-23-2002, 11:11 PM
Welcome to WSI, Damn that is a sweet name! "BoozeSlut" Straight to the point. And another Southern Left Coaster, finally, we need some more people to represent at Angels games, assuming your a hardcore Sox fan and are willing to drive all the way to Anaheim :smile:

WinningUgly!
03-24-2002, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the dysfunctional family BS! :D: :gulp:

BoozeSlut
03-24-2002, 01:48 AM
Thanks everyone, you've shown me the same great welcome you've shown all the other rookies.

To FarWestChicago...I have some old Looney Tunes pictures saved on my hard drive that I think I could embelish with quotes that should give the crew a good laugh. How do I insert those pictures?

Also Chisox_Cali...I would love to see the guys play in Anaheim this season, have May 10-12 on radar screen. Will keep you posted.

I am not that concerned with our pitching in ST. The young guns will come around, not to mention the run support we will have. I refuse to jump off the Coronado bridge here until the All-Star break. Let me tell you as a transplanted midwesterner...if you throw an empty beer can in Chitown it will land 20 ft from you...if you do the same down here...it will travel 21 ft. "So I got that going for me"-Bill Murray

Anybody notice that the Marlins are shopping Brad Penny and they need a shortstop? Guess that's tipping my hand on where I stand on controversial issues. :gulp:

Chisox_cali
03-24-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by BoozeSlut

Also Chisox_Cali...I would love to see the guys play in Anaheim this season, have May 10-12 on radar screen. Will keep you posted.

Yeah I'm hoping to make a weekend out of that series and go to all 3 games. Gotta love the Angels Front Office they just keep lowering the Left Feild Family Pavillion Seats, they were 8 bucks last year now they're 7!

FarWestChicago
03-24-2002, 02:07 AM
To FarWestChicago...I have some old Looney Tunes pictures saved on my hard drive that I think I could embelish with quotes that should give the crew a good laugh. How do I insert those pictures?Email me a picture you want. I'll upload it to the server and put it in your signature. You can take if from there to add quotes, etc.

harwar
03-24-2002, 08:20 AM

Anybody notice that the Marlins are shopping Brad Penny and they need a shortstop? Guess that's tipping my hand on where I stand on controversial issues. :gulp: Thats the first i've heard of this.Now,Penny is the kind of pitcher i wish we could have got in the Wells,Fog,&Lowe trade.He is worth those 3.The kid is going to be a star.

Spiff
03-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Hey welcome to WSI :cool:

GASHWOUND
03-24-2002, 09:55 AM
After visiting this site for a year, I finally registered. My family goes back at least 3 generations in Chicago and I was born there. My latest journey has me in San Diego. I have been a Sox fan since I was collecting baseball cards in Naperville in 1974.
Looking forward to getting to know all the members posts I have enjoyed reading.
I would appreciate someone letting me know how to insert a picture in the signature area, for now I just stuck in a Monty Python quote.
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I found this interesting...

Latest Update
Mar. 19, 2002 - 11:43 a.m.
Yes, the Marlins need a shortstop, and yes, Expos SS Brandon Phillips is a gifted prospect, but why are the Fish entertaining offers for Penny? Starting pitching is the Marlins' strength. Penny was their most consistent starter last season, finishing 10-10 with a 3.69 ERA. (Ken Rosenthal/TSN)

:gulp:

Whats up, I'm me and welcome! :cool:

Boozeslut, I like that name. :gulp:

awesomefan
03-24-2002, 10:18 AM
BoozeSlut: Glad to have another die-hard White Sox fan here. I just feel real sorry for you living so far away from Comiskey & Chicago.

I hope you can get some kind of good cable hook-up so you can get alot of White Sox games.

Don't forget you can go the Chat Room during White Sox games & have a blast with other White Sox fans. Hope to see you there.

Be sure to let everyone here know if you ever make it back to Chicago for a White Sox game so some of us can come to meet you at the game & maybe have a tailgate party for you.

LongDistanceFan
03-24-2002, 10:33 AM
welcome aboard........... what is the source of the penny info

Jerry_Manuel
03-24-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
what is the source of the penny info

The Sporting News.

WinningUgly!
03-24-2002, 11:57 AM
Penny would be a nice pick up for us, and it would be even sweeter if CJ was worked into the deal...maybe Royce, Lee/Rowand/Liefer & prospects for them.....go ahead, somebody slap me. :D:

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-24-2002, 05:37 PM
:b&b
BoozeSlut rules!