PDA

View Full Version : Convicted murderer arrested scalping tickets outside Fenway

Fenway
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
wonderful

A 62-year-old man was arrested outside Fenway Park on Wednesday night after police said he tried to sell an $85 Red Sox ticket to an undercover officer for $150.

It was not the first time Michael B. Corradino Jr. had been arrested. On Feb. 27, 1974, a jury convicted him of second-degree murder for shooting a man twice in the head who he had accused of cheating him at blackjack. The conviction carried an automatic sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole after 15 years.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/04/police_convicte.html

WizardsofOzzie
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
The worst experience I had outside of the Cell was last year when a guy was stopping cars turning onto 37th from Wentworth and saying that the Sox had changed policy and that you pay for parking there now. Thankfully he didn't stop me, as I probably wouldn't have questioned it, but I know at least 3 cars around us in the lot got scammed by that jerkoff. One even went back and confronted him about it. The con told the guy to go ahead and call the cops. When the guy said "I already did" the con took off running. I learned a lesson that day!!

FireMariotti
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
The worst experience I had outside of the Cell was last year when a guy was stopping cars turning onto 37th from Wentworth and saying that the Sox had changed policy and that you pay for parking there now. Thankfully he didn't stop me, as I probably wouldn't have questioned it, but I know at least 3 cars around us in the lot got scammed by that jerkoff. One even went back and confronted him about it. The con told the guy to go ahead and call the cops. When the guy said "I already did" the con took off running. I learned a lesson that day!!

I had a similar experience a couple years back at a Sox/Cubs game. My brother drove him and me to the game. The lots were pretty much full by the time we got there, and there was this team of three guys (i forget which street it was on) directing us to park on this side street east of the metra tracks for $10. They had cones setup and everything. We almost took the bait until I pointed out to my brother that nobody else was parked on the street (DUH). We eventually circled back to where they were running the scam and the cops were nabbing them.