PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Survivor! (round 8 w/poll)


HawkDJ
03-23-2002, 08:32 PM
In round 7, Mark Buehrle was voted off by just 4 votes of Keith Foulke.

There are 3 remaining players in Round 8. Unlike in all other rounds, vote for the player you want to WIN. This is how they do it on actual Survivor.

Those remaining:
:maggs :keith :hurt

Go Huskies!

doublem23
03-23-2002, 11:11 PM
Frank Thomas IS the reason I'm a Sox fan, so my vote goes for him.

Nellie_Fox
03-24-2002, 01:52 AM
Maggs is the future of the team, but Big Frank has earned the love.

RedPinStripes
03-24-2002, 05:45 AM
Maglio's da man.

Soxheads
03-24-2002, 03:47 PM
Whoa, it's a barnburner!

Bmr31
03-24-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Frank Thomas IS the reason I'm a Sox fan, so my vote goes for him.

interesting...so youre not a real sox fan?

Dadawg_77
03-24-2002, 05:14 PM
Hey, maybe I should read before I vote....I voted for Foulke but I thougt it was to throw him out. I guess I should move to Palm Beach, but if there is a re-count my vote would go to Frank.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-24-2002, 05:21 PM
Mags seems like a clean cut kid. He gets my vote.

FarWestChicago
03-24-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Hey, maybe I should read before I vote....I voted for Foulke but I thougt it was to throw him out. I guess I should move to Palm Beach, but if there is a re-count my vote would go to Frank. I'll fix it. :smile:

HawkDJ
03-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Hey, maybe I should read before I vote....I voted for Foulke but I thougt it was to throw him out. I guess I should move to Palm Beach, but if there is a re-count my vote would go to Frank.

Didn't I make it clear enough? :smile:

FarWestChicago
03-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Didn't I make it clear enough? :smile: I added a "Vote for the Winner!!!!" to the title above the poll. :smile:

Dadawg_77
03-24-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Didn't I make it clear enough? :smile:

Yes you did, just I didn't read the post till after I voted. So I am the idiot today.

Thanks West

Soxfan7070
03-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77


Yes you did, just I didn't read the post till after I voted. So I am the idiot today.



Well that makes two of us...

FarWestChicago
03-24-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Soxfan7070


Well that makes two of us... Do you need to have your vote corrected? Who did you vote for and who did you mean to vote for?

Soxfan7070
03-24-2002, 07:17 PM
I voted for Foulke but I meant to vote for Frank.
Sorry about that...

FarWestChicago
03-24-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Soxfan7070
I voted for Foulke but I meant to vote for Frank.
Sorry about that... No problem. I'll fix it. :smile:

doublem23
03-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
interesting...so youre not a real sox fan?

As much as I hate reading your oft-incoherent babble, I'd love to hear your moronic explanation of this dumbass comment.

RedPinStripes
03-25-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I'll fix it. :smile:

Might want to change mine too. I did the same damn thing. :(:

I wanted Maggs to stay and i voted for Keith. I should have read it too.

RedPinStripes
03-25-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


As much as I hate reading your oft-incoherent babble, I'd love to hear your moronic explanation of this dumbass comment.

*****!!!!!!!

Cheryl
03-25-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


Might want to change mine too. I did the same damn thing. :(:

I wanted Maggs to stay and i voted for Keith. I should have read it too.

I voted for Frank, then I read I was supposed to vote for who I wanted to stay. Ooops.

HawkDJ
03-25-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl


I voted for Frank, then I read I was supposed to vote for who I wanted to stay. Ooops.

Well that is the third time. I thought the big blue would catch people's eye but I guess not. :smile:

RedPinStripes
03-25-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Well that is the third time. I thought the big blue would catch people's eye but I guess not. :smile:

It should have, but the other threads were routine so i voted before i even looked at the thread.

Cheryl
03-25-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Well that is the third time. I thought the big blue would catch people's eye but I guess not. :smile:

Maybe we're just stupid.

FarWestChicago
03-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl


I voted for Frank, then I read I was supposed to vote for who I wanted to stay. Ooops. Who did you mean to vote for, Cheryl?

Cheryl
03-25-2002, 12:23 PM
I want to dump Frank and keep Mags.

FarWestChicago
03-25-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I want to dump Frank and keep Mags. I'll change your vote. :smile:

Cheryl
03-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Thanks.

For the record, I just noticed they finally got my new nameplate for the door on my office. I'm hoping it hasn't been there for weeks and I just noticed it.

Apparently, I'm just having a stupidity attack today.

FarWestChicago
03-25-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Thanks.

For the record, I just noticed they finally got my new nameplate for the door on my office. I'm hoping it hasn't been there for weeks and I just noticed it.
LMAO!!!

Viva Magglio
03-25-2002, 01:35 PM
If you learn to read instructions before doing things, you will avoid thinking you're voting to cast off Keith Foulke instead of voting to keep him. Unfortunately, I have yet to discover that reading is a skill.

In other words, I want to vote to keep Maggs and not Keith.

FarWestChicago
03-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
In other words, I want to vote to keep Maggs and not Keith. Fixed.

doublem23
03-25-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl


Maybe we're just stupid.

Maybe? That's a compliment for most of us... :smile:

KempersRS
03-25-2002, 04:52 PM
This poll is tainted!! I guarentee there are several more who voted incorrectly. It's Florida 2000 all over again.

doublem23
03-25-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
This poll is tainted!! I guarentee there are several more who voted incorrectly. It's Florida 2000 all over again.

Yeah, but this time the good guys is going to win. :smile:

HawkDJ
03-25-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
This poll is tainted!! I guarentee there are several more who voted incorrectly. It's Florida 2000 all over again.

Maybe we need a re-count.

Daver
03-25-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Maybe we need a re-count.

FWC fixed the votes of all that spoke up about it,the integrity of the poll remains intact.

A dimpled chad is a pseudonym for Arrowass.

foulkesfan11
03-25-2002, 11:44 PM
I think Magglio will outlast Frank. He's younger

RichH55
03-26-2002, 02:19 AM
im going with Frank for past and Present

orbatel
03-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Gotta go with Mags on this one-he's not getting the love from the media and has all the skills-and is a great player for the sox. He gets my vote because ESPN and the rest of the media just overlook him too much!


:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by orbatel
Gotta go with Mags on this one-he's not getting the love from the media and has all the skills-and is a great player for the sox. He gets my vote because ESPN and the rest of the media just overlook him too much!

It would be more noteworthy if a Sox ballplayer did get the love from the media. Frank Thomas has put up better numbers than any ballplayer since Ted Williams, and the Wall Street Journal says he might not reach the hall of fame.

Morons.

voodoochile
03-26-2002, 02:38 PM
You know, this poll sucks! You suddenly change the format, and my vote got miscast. I hope Frank wins, but if Maggs wins by 2 votes or less, realize that it was due to an error...

FarWestChicago
03-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You know, this poll sucks! You suddenly change the format, and my vote got miscast. I hope Frank wins, but if Maggs wins by 2 votes or less, realize that it was due to an error... I fixed it. I have a lot of practice on this one. :smile:

HawkDJ
03-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You know, this poll sucks! You suddenly change the format, and my vote got miscast. I hope Frank wins, but if Maggs wins by 2 votes or less, realize that it was due to an error...

Never expect anything. When you see big blue letters, you should probably read them.

-Just my words of wisdom

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Never expect anything. When you see big blue letters, you should probably read them.

-Just my words of wisdom

If it's any consolation, '2K2, I understood what was going on when I voted.

voodoochile
03-27-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Never expect anything. When you see big blue letters, you should probably read them.

-Just my words of wisdom

I read them - AFTER I voted in the poll. But thanks for the advice - that and $0.50 will get me a Tribune...

Daver
03-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


I read them - AFTER I voted in the poll. But thanks for the advice - that and $0.50 will get me a Tribune...

Damn shame the Cubune ain't worth 50 cents...........