PDA

View Full Version : upper deck season ticket holders

starboy0
04-12-2007, 08:46 AM
I know this topic comes up every year and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the official policy has changed.

A couple of friends of mine told me they were not letting upper deck season ticket holders come down to the lower bowl.

Being an upper deck season ticket holder myself I called my rep and he said, "Well maybe for opening day or Cubs/Sox games we'll do that but not generally."

After I hung up it dawned on me my friends were talking about the 2nd game of the season (bone chilling cold, few people in the park).

So I'm wondering if there has been a policy change or just a case of sox employees misunderstanding.

My sense is my rep wasn't even sure!

Cat Thief
04-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Upper Deck season tickets get you downstairs, no questions asked.

Mr.1Dog
I believe you're not allowed down to the main concourse unless you have a ticket in the 100 level. There are no exceptions I think. If you're truly desperate you can say you want to check out the Hall of Fame gift shop but usually the ushers tell you to check out the gift shop on the 500 level.

russ99
I know this topic comes up every year and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the official policy has changed.

A couple of friends of mine told me they were not letting upper deck season ticket holders come down to the lower bowl.

Being an upper deck season ticket holder myself I called my rep and he said, "Well maybe for opening day or Cubs/Sox games we'll do that but not generally."

After I hung up it dawned on me my friends were talking about the 2nd game of the season (bone chilling cold, few people in the park).

So I'm wondering if there has been a policy change or just a case of sox employees misunderstanding.

My sense is my rep wasn't even sure!

I'm pretty sure that if your season tickets are the printed ones and not the plain stock tickets used by the Box Office & Ticketmaster, they don't have the "500 Level access only" resteiction on them.

LauraJ14
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I believe you're not allowed down to the main concourse unless you have a ticket in the 100 level. There are no exceptions I think. If you're truly desperate you can say you want to check out the Hall of Fame gift shop but usually the ushers tell you to check out the gift shop on the 500 level.

I have upper deck season tickets and was able to go down on the 100 level every game that I went to last year. You just show them the season ticket and they let you down.
I haven't tried it yet this season but I only have been to 2 games so far.

comet2k
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't remember whether it was info that came with my tickets, an e-mail message or the guide for season ticket holders, but at least one of those said that UD full and partial ST holders have access to the lower concourse.

If you e-mail your tickets to someone else, I don't know if that changes things, but if you have the glossy season tickets, you should have access.

Brian26
04-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Upper deck season tickets are allowed full access to the park, including 100-level....

EXCEPT on Opening Day this year. They claimed on Opening Day, because of the crowds and security issues being the first day of the season, they wanted to keep upper deck people in the upper deck.

500-level Ticketmaster tickets are not allowed in the lower level.

soxfan13
04-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Upper deck season tickets are allowed full access to the park, including 100-level....

EXCEPT on Opening Day this year. They claimed on Opening Day, because of the crowds and security issues being the first day of the season, they wanted to keep upper deck people in the upper deck.

500-level Ticketmaster tickets are not allowed in the lower level.

Agreed, I know itsnotrequired has been venturing down into the 100 level with his upper deck season tickets:smile:

The Dude
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM

Nope, you are wrong.

FULL OR SPLIT SEASON TICKER HOLDERS FOR THE ENTIRE UD HAVE ACCESS TO THE LOWER DECK! If you have the big vertical season ticket, you can go down.

If anyone still doesn't believe me....Check out the "White Sox Baseball 2007 Season Ticket Holder Playbook." On page 7 of the book, it says in plain English under 'Ballpark Access' :

-100 level ticket holders also have access to the 500 level

-Club Level (300 level) ticket holders also have access to the 100 and 500 levels of the ballpark

-500 Level ticker holders also have access to the 100 Level.
Your ticker acts as a pass to the 100 Level.

To the original poster, yes this is asked every year.:D:

HomeFish
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
The last two seasons, the way it worked was if your ticket had a gold barrier around it, you could get into the lower bowl.

I haven't seen a UD season ticket from this season, but I assume that's still the case.

ewokpelts
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
The last two seasons, the way it worked was if your ticket had a gold barrier around it, you could get into the lower bowl.

I haven't seen a UD season ticket from this season, but I assume that's still the case.there's NO gold barrier. st "big ticket' willl let you downstairs no matter what

The Dude
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM

I haven't seen a UD season ticket from this season, but I assume that's still the case.

Did you read my post or do you need me to post it again?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1535427&postcount=9

DaBears
04-12-2007, 03:44 PM

I went to OD this year using a friends 500-level STs (as opposed to my own in the 100-level)...We went down to the 100 level with no problems TWICE... Maybe it depends on the usher? Some of them could care if you even have a ticket for the game

itsnotrequired
04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Nope, you are wrong.

FULL OR SPLIT SEASON TICKER HOLDERS FOR THE ENTIRE UD HAVE ACCESS TO THE LOWER DECK! If you have the big vertical season ticket, you can go down.

If anyone still doesn't believe me....Check out the "White Sox Baseball 2007 Season Ticket Holder Playbook." On page 7 of the book, it says in plain English under 'Ballpark Access' :

-100 level ticket holders also have access to the 500 level

-Club Level (300 level) ticket holders also have access to the 100 and 500 levels of the ballpark

-500 Level ticker holders also have access to the 100 Level.
Your ticker acts as a pass to the 100 Level.

To the original poster, yes this is asked every year.:D:

This post says it all. Last season's Season Ticket Handbook did not "officially" mention the policy. It was sort of an unwritten rule. This year's Handbook EXPLICITY states that 500 level season ticket holders (full AND split) have access to the lower level. Bring your handbook with you to the game and if anyone gives you the business, bust it out.

I was in the UD on Opening Day and stayed up there the whole time so I cannot comment on Brain26's post.

Brian26
04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I went to OD this year using a friends 500-level STs (as opposed to my own in the 100-level)...We went down to the 100 level with no problems TWICE... Maybe it depends on the usher? Some of them could care if you even have a ticket for the game

Of course it depends on the usher. I could sit next to Hawk and DJ if the usher let me.

Brian26
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
I was in the UD on Opening Day and stayed up there the whole time so I cannot comment on Brian26's post.

I was in the Upper Deck the entire time too. I'm just quoting what I read online and heard on the radio before Opening Day, and I recall the same policy being used in years past.

itsnotrequired
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I was in the Upper Deck the entire time too. I'm just quoting what I read online and heard on the radio before Opening Day, and I recall the same policy being used in years past.

I was downstairs before the game in 2006.

Brian26
04-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I was downstairs before the game in 2006.

Maybe the usher didn't care.

ilsox7
04-12-2007, 09:01 PM

I wouldn't have edited INR's typo. It makes you look good. :D: