PDA

View Full Version : Bought my <108 section 109> Sign Today at Comiskey!

Foulke You
03-23-2002, 08:23 PM
I went to the garage sale at Comiskey today and they were selling all of the blue "section" signs that I'm assuming they've replaced with fancier new ones as part of the renovations. They were selling every sign you can think of! I got my section 108/109 sign for $20. I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to put the thing but I had to have it. They were even selling the old directories that had the old outfield sections before the 2000 renovations. $100 for that in the giant stand. Even the friggin' Men's room signs were for sale. I got my section # sign from last years Sox 7 pack so I'm happy. Did anyone else get anything there today? I also noticed they've added 2 new entrances in the outfield so that you can enter and exit the park right from the outfield concourse rather than walking all the way to the side exits. Kudos for this long overdue renovation.

mike squires
03-23-2002, 10:55 PM
hey foulke you, did you get to see the other renovations such as the hitters view in center? if so, does it look nice?

ihatethecubs
03-24-2002, 06:26 PM
oh yea well i got 354-356! cant go wrong for $20. i also was out there at 7 am waiting for tickets and didnt get out of like until almost noon. i almost froze to death but it was worth it.
oh yea and those outfield exits arent new, theyve been there since the park opened but they stopped using them after '91 because nobody really knew they were there and they are too close to the players parking lot.

Foulke You
03-26-2002, 02:30 PM
ihatethecubs- Man! I can't believe I never noticed those doors before. I must be friggin' blind! The only thing I can think of is maybe they kept the doors closed and that is why I never noticed them because they looked like emergency exits. They were open on Saturday. Do you know if they are going to reopen those doors? My seats are in the outfield and I take the "L" to the game and those doors are practically on top of the 35th st station.

Michael Penny- They wouldn't let anyone go into the park like last year. I asked one of the workers if they'd let me sneak a peek but they said there was too much equipment and dust on the concourses to let anyone up there. They didn't even have the clubhouse store open like they usually do on Garage Sale day so they must be renovating the exterior of that too.